♡Dating Tense!♡

Small warning - things will get a bit pg-13 towards the end of the chapter. For those who aren't comfortable and want to skip, keep an eye out for this symbol. (❗)
_______________________________________

Sans teleported us to the edge of Hotland. In front of me I saw an amazing view of the core, a picnic blanket and a basket on the ground.

"Oh!"

"is it okay? i wanted to take you to a different place from our last date." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Wait this is a date!"

"surprise?" He awkwardly said. I looked at him then burst into a fit of giggles. He looked at me a little unsure of himself.

"No, no I'm not laughing at you. This place is great and you are adorable." I took a seat on the blanket and pat the empty area next to me motioning for him to sit.

"u-uh glad you like it..." He sat down. We looked out at the core. While I've been to the Resort, I've yet to enter the core or go any further. Mainly because of the king. Even if I can't exactly go inside, it's nice to see the exterior.

"are you hungry?" Sans asked me.

"A bit. What did you get?" He pulled out two plates from the basket and handed one to me. I opened it and inside I see (favorite dish).

"It looks good. Did you make it?"

He looks at me already digging into his plate. "me? nah, i bought it at the store and warmed it up. is it okay?" I take a bite and it tasted good but that's a given since its (favorite dish).

"Yeah it's great. All of this is nice. Did you plan this all by yourself?"

"yup. i didn't want the others getting involved. this time i wanted something simple." 

"I see what you mean."

We ate our food in relative silence. As we finished we told eachother about our individual day. I told him about Muffet and her declaration of war and he told me about his time at Grillby's. There was nothing too interesting, except that a brawl occurred between two monsters. I asked him if he knew what might had sparked the argument, but he had no idea either.

I found myself laying on the blanket looking up at the ceiling of the underground. A red tint bled on the stone above. Even with the blanket, I could still feel the heat that radiated from the rocky ground.

Sans decided to do the same, he placed his plate down and layed down next to me. His fingers  interlocked with mine while he looked up deep in thought. Not letting go I scooted closer to him. I wrapped my other arm around his and layed my head on his shoulder. Taking a deep breath, I happened to inhale his scent. It was a mixture of ketchup and ... cologne? I'm not exactly sure but it was like a frosty mint scent.

His arm snaked around my waist and lightly skimmed up my back sending slight shivers through my spine. His  hand stopped finding a place near my neck and played with my hair. Occasionally undoing any small knots he came across.

The gesture was almost therapeutic and it slowly lulled me to sleep. As my mind went blank, I somehow mistook the warm temperature of hotland as the rays of the sun. A thought popped into my head bringing me back to reality.

"Sans..."

"hmm?" He hummed most likely falling asleep as well.

"Mettaton told me that in the Judgement Hall the sun's light passes through the barrier at sunset. Is that true?"

"yeah. i don't go there except for work but when i do, i usually stay longer for that exact reason. sometimes if you are lucky you can hear birds chirping."