Face Your Fear

Alright before the chapter starts I just wanna say. Happy fifth anniversary to Undertale!! 🎉🎉 Wow five years already? I'm feeling old. Well let's get started.
_______________________________________

"Alright your training for the day has ended, and I now have the final results." Mettaton asseses the clipboard he was holding while I struggled to get back up from my painful attempt at a split.

"And how was I?" Oww I'm for sure gonna feel the pain tomorrow.

"How do I put this nicely..." he starts. "You're absolutely horrid." He says with an odd British accent.

That's to put it nicely!?

"You have no balance, your flexibility is worse than I imagined. And, no stamina . . . . . But, you do have knowledge, some grace and while it's very little there is passion. My only question is. Why is it only a flicker instead of a flame?" I wobbled to the side bench and drank some water. I am so sore and sweaty right now it concerns me.

"I don't know. I guess, I'm afraid." Mettaton sits down next to me crossing his legs.

"Y/n I understand how you feel. I used to be afraid too. The spotlight can be too much. But the fears we don't face become our limits. So, don't let this be your limit."

"Wow. That was a good pep talk compared to the beat down you gave me before."

"That's what best friends are for. To support and mock you."

"Hm Thanks. You know what, I think I can push myself a bit more."

"Hahaha very funny darling. But you and I both know that if you continue, you will faint and Sans will have my head. So How about tomorrow?"

I giggle, "okay."

I got my stuff and Mettaton closes the room. As we walk through the gym section we find the group near the weights. Undyne was attempting to break her weight lift record.

And she wasn't playing. I don't think any human would be able to lift what she was.

"30 MORE SECONDS C'MON YOU GOT THIS UNDYNE!"

"Ngahh!!" Half a minute later she lowers the weight.

"Phew! How did I do!" She asks as she drinks from her bottle.

"You crushed it Undyne!" Alphys exclaims. "My girlfriend is so cool!!!"

As Mettaton goes to compliment Undyne. I went to Papyrus. "Hey Papyrus are you having fun?"

"INDEED I AM Y/N!"

"That's good. Also where is Sans."

"HMM I SAW HIM LAST ON THE TREADMILL. BUT I THEN GOT DISTRACTED WITH UNDYNE'S WEIGHT LIFTING. LETS GO CHECK ON HIM!" He start to walk away.

I hastily catch up to him "On the treadmill!...Sans is working out!?"

"I AM AS SURPRISED AS YOU. BUT IT DOES MAKES ME HAPPY THAT MY BROTHER IS BEING PHYSICALLY ACTIVE. MY BROTHER IS TRULY THE BEST!"

I feel a smile form on my face. Yes. Yes he is.

When we get to the treadmills I easily spot Sans sitting down, deep in thought. He soon spots us and pulls that grin he saves for his brother and me.

"BROTHER HOW ARE YOU?"

"sweaty, out of breath, thirsty, regretful. yet never more alive."

"THAT IS THE ADRENALINE TALKING. BUT DOES THIS MEAN THAT YOU WILL BE COMING TO THE GYM WITH US MORE OFTEN!" Papyrus asks excitedly