All is Forgiven

Sans' POV

I-I don't know how to react. I don't even know what to say. Should I be mad, sad, disappointed? Instead all I feel is shock and numbness.

Papyrus... how was I so blind to not see it.

He was hurting throughout all of this.

And I ignored all the signs.

I'm such a bad brother.

It was completely silent after Papyrus ran to his room. Its obvious we were all shocked. But angry? No I don't think we ever could be angry at him.

I would forgive him, but something is stopping me. Could it be because of sugarbean? Is it because what he said is true? That none of this would have happened if he didn't say anything to Flowey?

No. It's not because of that. Its because I blame myself. I knew the risks of letting y/n traverse the underground. I knew Paps was hiding something from me. I knew that something like this might have happened.

How? Because nothing ever goes my way. This isn't my story and it never was.

Should I go talk to Paps, or would he prefer someone else? Maybe he just wants to be alone for now. My train of thoughts stopped when I felt someone tug my shirt.

"You should go talk to him. He needs reasurrance." Y/n says to me. I look at her unsure.

"Trust me on this. He needs you. Now go." I nod knowing she's right and silently made my way upstairs. From down below I hear whispers as the others talked between eachother. I didn't bother to listen.

I make my way to the his decorated door and knock. "paps? can i come in?"

"NO! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE..."

I let out a Sigh. As expected his door is unlocked so I walk in. After I closed the door behind me I look around to find him. I don't see him anywhere. His room was clean and untouched.

Sobs came from the closet and only then I realize where he was. I lean against the closet door and sat on the ground.

"knock knock..."

"GO AWAY!" Yeah, I deserve that.

"look paps you don't have to say anything. i mainly came here because... i wanted to say i was sorry." There was a slight pause.

"HUH SORRY? AND WHAT ARE YOU SORRY FOR?"

"i'm sorry for calling you a traitor. and for not realizing sooner what was going on. i should have been there for you but i wasn't. i'm a jerk and a terrible brother."

"IF YOUR A JERK THEN I'M WORSE. I MEAN I NEARLY GOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND KILLED. TWICE."

"heh touché. but paps it's not your fault. you didn't know this would happen or that flowey had bad intentions. so don't beat yourself up okay. cause, we all forgive you."

"R-REALLY?"

"yea. your a good guy paps and we all love you. no matter what mistakes you make."