three

•Sydney•

My eyes felt heavy, like a weight was being put on them. I woke up to see Draco on the chair next to me reading.

I was starving, I felt so week. I saw madam pomfrey come through the curtains. "Oh dear! You are awake!" She cheered as I saw Draco shot up.

"Mhm I really need some food" I let out a light chuckle which made my hollow stomach ache.

"Okay dear one second" she smiled as she closed the curtain and and left.

"What are you doing here?" I muttered as I layed my head to the side to meet my eyes with his. I never noticed how pretty his eyes where. Grey blue to be exact.

"Because when you passed out in potions snape made me bring you here" he stated blankly.

"Oh, well couldn't you just have left?" I asked as he groaned.

"Great idea, I don't want to be here with you anyways." He spat as he shut his book and stood up. Before I could say anything he walked out. I was too week to go after him.

What was he still doing here?

Madam pomfrey came back with a tray of food and I ate it until it was clean. I felt so much better. "Okay dear well there are no more classes left for today because it's 4 so you can go study? Have you gotten a date to the ball yet?" She laughed.

"No I have not" I chucked "Thank you" I smiled as I walked out of a the hospital wing.

I made my way to the Ravenclaw dorms and grabbed my over the shoulder bag with my book and some fruit. I put on some baggy jeans with a t shirt and paired it with some sneakers and walked out.

I made my way down to the black lake and saw Blaise and Malfoy walking to it too. For fucks sake.

I made my way down the cobblestone path and sat up against a tree. I pulled out my book that my mother gave me and started to read.

"Syd" I heard a voice beside me.

"Blaise" I smiled as he leaned up against the tree. 

"So um you know that like stupid ball coming up?" He looked down and I smiled as I closed my book and stood up.

"Mhm" I gave a soft chuckle.

"Do you have a date?" He asked as he looked around anywhere but my face.

"No I do not, do you?" I asked griping my book tightly to my chest.

"Well yes about that, um" he stuttered.

"Come on Blaise spit it out"

"Will you go to the ball with me?" He asked.

My heart skipped a beat, a slytherin meaning Blaise zabini asking me to the ball? Even though I knew he did not like me that much. But I still fancied him.

"I would love to" I smiled.

"Really?" He smirked finally meeting eyes with his.

"Yes" I laughed as I leaned back down the tree and could not keep the smile off my face. I felt so happy.

"Blaise!" Someone shouted which made both of us turn our heads.

"Draco" blaise greeted him as Malfoy made his way down the cobblestone path.

"What are you doing talking to her" he scoffed.

"Draco do you really need to be in everyone's business?" I blurted back at him.

"He's my best friend, I can know why my best friend is talking to a mudblood like you" he spat.

"Okay Draco if you would like to know so badly, he was asking me to the ball" I laughed as he looked shocked "what? I thought you were best friends? He didn't tell you?" I pouted.

"Blaise what the fuck" he spat.

"Mate I just asked her to the ball, don't fucking get your panties in a twist" Blaise laughed but Draco looked furious.

I stood up and grabbed my fruit and book "excuse me" I muttered pushing past him.

"Hey just so you know, he will play you lockheart, you are nothing to anyone" Draco stated.

"Mate! What the fuck!" Blaise hissed back.

"Fuck you!" I spat running up the cobblestone pathway with tears coming down my face. I heard Blaise call for me but I ignored him. I finally made it to a corridors and slid in the crook of a wall.

He was right. I was nothing. I had no friends, no family, nothing. I had absolutely nothing. Nobody would care if I left for a day? They would not notice?

I cried as I slid down the stone walls. I saw Luna lovegood skipping down the hallway. I wanted to get up but she already saw me.

"Are you okay?" She sung.

"Mhm, yeah I am okay" I whipped off my tears.

"You know there is always light at the end of the tunnel" she smiled.

"Thank you Luna" I smiled.

"Anytime" she skipped off and down the corridor.

I still kept crying because for whatever reason I did not want to I could not stop. He was right.

"Syd" A concerned voice said as I felt their steps make their way to me. I turned around and my eyes met with his.

"Blaise" I gave a soft smile and whipped off my tears.

"Are you crying?" He asked stepping closer.

"Yeah yeah I am totally fine no worries" I gave a fake laugh but he could see right through me. He pulled me into his tight embrace as my fear stained face imprinted onto his nice suit.

"I am sorry" he muttered stroking my hair.

"I- it's fine really, I am just going to have some time to myself if that's fine" I smiled and he nodded sympathetically as I turned my heals and walked down the corridor.

•Blaise•

She walked down the corridors and I immediately sped walked down the corridor. Looking for Draco.

Yes I fancied the girl but it's not like I was I love with her and I know she knew that. I finally saw his blonde hair in front of me.

"Malfoy what the fuck" I scoffed as he turned around.

"What!" He laughed.

"Why did you say that!" I exclaimed.

"Why did you ask her to the ball!" He shouted back at me.

"Why wouldn't I! I fancied the girl so I asked her to the ball! What's the big fucking deal here Malfoy!" I spat.

"Nothing! Just I will talk to you later" He sighed and walked away.

What a fucking prick.