four

•Sydney•

I was sitting in the great hall, by myself. It was almost time for potions so I got up and walked out gliding down the corridors.

I made it and sat at my table looking over my book because we had a test today. I was quickly brought out of my book by Theo sitting down.

"Hey syd" he said as he put his bag up. Me and Theo have gotten more closer since the first day of school.

"Hey Theo" I muttered as I turned back to my book.

I saw hermione granger walking over to me. Me and her have studied a few times together, she is super nice.

"Hey Sydney" she smiled as I saw Blaise and Draco walk in.

"Hey hermione, what's up" I smiled.

"Would you like to study later together? Maybe we could go dress shopping" she smiled.

My heart stopped and my face turned white. I had no money, unless it's from Lolas dad but I would hate to ask him.

"Oh um I don't know if I can go dress shopping." I stated as Draco and Blaise sat down.

"Why not?" She questioned.

"I just don't really have enough time, you know with studying." I blabbered just so I did not have to say that I had no money.

"Oh come on, please it will be fun" she cheered "you can bring Lola"

"Yeah come on syd, go dress shopping" Theo cheered.

"Okay fine" I laughed and she smiled.

"Okay meet me in the courtyard at 4" she smiled and walked away.

I groaned and returned back to my book. How am I supposed to go if I have no money?

"Why are you so upset?" Theo asked.

I looked up "oh um I just need to owl my mum to see if she can send me some galleons" I laughed as I lied right there. Yes people know about my dad and how he did not want me but no one knows about my mom. They all think that she still loves me but I just stay with lola.

"Why is it such a bore to contact your mum?" He chuckled as the other boys did too which made my stomach drop.

"I don't really want to talk about it" I muttered.

"Ok... here's the test, turn it in early and you get too leave early" snape stated as he moved his wand around the room to hand out the test.

It was only 10 questions over what we have been learning so I finished quick and went over my answers. I saw hermione get up and turn hers in as I also got up and turned mine in.

I went back to my desk and picked up my bag "how did you finish that fast?" Blaise whispered.

"Because I know what I am doing" I smirked and saw Malfoy staring at me.

"What have a staring problem?" He whispered as I caught myself staring at him back. I scoffed and walked out.

I ran to the bathroom needing to collect my thoughts. What am I supposed to do? I am going dress shopping with no money? What am I doing?!

I looked in the mirror as guilt poured through my face. I heard someone walk in and I turned my head to see Lola.

"Are you okay?" She asked concerned as she walked up to me.

"Um, hermione asked me to go dress shopping with her and I don't have anything to buy a dress with, Theo and the boys were questioning my mum and I just wanted to fucking disappear" I laughed.

"Oh I am so sorry.. i could ask my father if he could give you a few galleons I am sure he would be perfectly fine with giving you some" she smiled.

"No no it's fine" I smiled "I will come up with something"

"Tell me if you need anything okay?" She nodded.

"Okay" I replied softly.

I heard students walking through the halls so classes must be over. We hugged each other and walked out and parted ways.

I turned the corner and bumped into some one "watch it mudblood" Draco sneered.

"Do you really have to call me that?!" I shouted back in frustration because I was already having a tough day and Malfoy is making it worse.

"Yes, you have to learn how you don't belong here" he spat.

"Malfoy when will you get it through your stupid fucking head that I am hot here to please you! All you do is make me feel like more of a burden than I already think I am! So stop!" I shouted as I shoved past him.

"Go fuck Blaise! Maybe you will feel like something more! Wait! He doesn't care about you! No one does!" He scoffed.

"Such a fucking prick" I scoffed trying to hold my tears back.

I ran through the corridors with tears running down my face. I bumped into a tall figure and looked up "Blaise" I smiled as I whipped off my tears.

"You okay?" He asked holding my shoulders.

"Mhm great" I smiled.

"Syd I know you are lying, what's wrong" he asked again.

"I just have been having a really bad day, I don't feel like talking about it." I pushed the subject past.

"Okay that's fine, just know I am always here if you need me?" He gave a small smile.

"Mhm thanks" I smiled and walked away feeling his eyes burning through me as I turned the corner.

I checked the time and it was 3:50. I ran to the court yard and saw hermione and Ginny. "Hey guys!" I chimed as I skipped over to them.

"Sydney!" They exclaimed. "Are you exited!?" Hermione asked.

"Of course" I smiled.

We made it to a dress shop in hogsmeade and started looking at dresses. As I made my way to the front I saw a beautiful black dress on a manikin. It had lance lining the top and flowing down the arms.

I glided my fingers across the fabric as I admired the beautiful dress. "Oh Ginny! Look! I love this one" I shouted for her to come look at it.

"That would look divine on you!" She exclaimed inspecting the dress.

I pulled up the price tag and saw 60 galleons. "Holy shit Ginny look at this price" I laughed.

"Oh I am sorry" she frowned.

"Merlin I really wanted this" I pouted.

I looked around once more and I could not find a dress I wanted except from that one. Hermione found one, it was yellow with a slit up the leg. Ginny also found one but she has to get it resized.

"Okay well I could come back later, maybe I could find something then" I smiled trying to look at the bright side.

We walked out and I saw Draco on the other side of the street. I quickly looked away after we locked eyes. I turned to the glass that was on the shop that the dress was in front of "maybe I can get it one day" I smiled. "I will just have to find another one I suppose, let's go" I smiled.

We linked arms "so! Hermione is ron asking you" I cheered as I looked back and saw Draco staring me down. I quickly brushed it off and turned back to our conversation.

"Oh shut it" she blushed "he isn't going to ask me, who am I kidding" she laughed.

"He likes you I know it" Ginny grinned.

"Whatever you say" hermione chuckled.