be the death of me

Amity's POV:
I didn't remember falling asleep, but I was awoken to Camilla shaking me and Luz's face been scrunched up then I noticed my grip on her Camilla gently took my hand off "It's okay amity your sister is here" I then saw Amelia "Who is that boy you're hugging sis?"

I shook my head wanting more sleep "I'm sleepy and Luz isn't a boy she just likes baggy clothes" I yawned "uh huh welp come here I got a date with someone and pops and dad wanted me to make sure you got home" she tried to pick me up Luz's arms got tight then loosened, so my sister could put me on her back "nooo Luz is comfy"

She chuckled walking out of the infirmary while Camilla walked not far behind cradling a sleeping witch, that's all I remember before I dozed off

Luz's POV:
I had woken up to the human on me and instantly felt my face go blood-red what was she doing, where am I? I quickly read the sign on the bulletin board "hexside infirmary" amity's grip got tight on my arm "ow" I patted her head 'why did that feel so right?' I heard footsteps and pretended to be asleep only to hear two voices then amity's "Who is that boy you're hugging sis?"

I wanted to say something but remembered I'm asleep "I'm sleepy and Luz isn't a boy she just likes baggy clothes" this human only knew me for a day and already knows my taste in clothing? Wow, that's a new record I assumed the voice I didn't recognize was amity's sister she tried grabbing her and my senses kicked in tightening my grip "this is my human"

I thought only to loosen my grip letting her go, hearing her get upset when I did "nooo Luz is comfy" I was soon picked up by I assumed Camilla and got scared but soon eased into it, she smelled nice like honey and daisy's I soon drifted back to sleep feeling drozy.

Camilla POV:
Luz and amity had slept all through the car ride I would look back every so often only to see Luz get closer to amity she muttered something, but it was too low for me to understand Amelia had been texting Lucia "why did that girl just call my sister her human?

Apparently, she heard sometimes this kid scares me nothing gets past her "I'm sure she means nothing by it Amelia besides amity is a big girl and can handle herself" she nodded before looking back at the two then looking at me "How much you want to bet they will end up a couple?" I laughed "Oh I know they will it's a love hate situation right now but ultimately it will be more than that" she giggled "my little sister finally trying to date also what's up with the noobs ears?"

I told her she was a witch only to be laughed at," Yeah right come on stop pulling my leg is it a birth defect or what?" I looked her straight in the eyes "Amelia when have I ever lied to you, I'm not pulling your leg eda found her and brought her to the house we don't know anything about her except that she may have been emotionally or physically abused since she doesn't like being physically touched and doesn't even know what physical affection is"

She looked at me then back at Luz "Poor kid" she reached back and patted her head which caused her to jerk she pulled back" I understand your perspective" reaching back again Luz didn't jerk this time Amelia just caressed her head causing her to purr?? "Omggg Camilla this is cuteee" taking a video just to post it on her penstagram (yes I'm keeping the original name)

I just nodded "don't let your sister or Luz know you're doing it" she just smiled "Yeah I know amity's camera shy unless she's taking it but I can't miss this moment not even the twins did this when they were young" I remembered the middle children the twins Edric and Emira when they were just now talking amity had still been too young

I helped out with her occasionally Amelia and her girlfriend Lucia my only daughter were always there to help out "don't wake Luz up she isn't the best at welcoming newcomers" she smiled "and send" I chuckled realizing she either put it on her social media or sent it to James and Luther.