fever

Willows pov:
I hadn't seen amity or luz in a while making a lot of people look upset I chuckled 'that girl is a real crowd pleaser and not just for amity either' boscha sent me a message that she was leaving early and for me to stop and see her before she left, the illusion of luz was still working but it looked really tired.

I expected amity to tell luz about the accident that took place before we became step sisters it made my heart kinda feel sad some knowing what she's been through. The bell had rung releasing us to our last class of the day I went to my locker noticing the illusion had vanished after putting Luz's things in her bookbag handing it to me "What do I do with this?" It looked at me before actually disappearing "I'm dog tired schools boring just give it to me when you see me" I just shrugged and poof it was gone.

I went to go see boscha before she left smiling she hadn't noticed my presence yet "Boo!" I said causing her to nearly fell "Ah!! Willowwww" I chuckled "Sorry" I said intertwining our fingers "Where's amity?" I gave her that you know where she's at look getting an eye roll out of it "You should get to class the bells about to ring" I nodded kissing her nose "Be safe with whatever it is your doing" she chuckled "You know I always am" I laughed walking off backwards then turned heading to class then decided to follow boscha the teacher won't care I'm the best student in that class besides amity and luz "I'll walk you out, Sebastian will probably pick amity up anyway so I can go home early too" she smiled hearing his name "Bassy is coming to get y'all" I nodded she did that silent yes putting her arm in the air then back down causing me to smile.

We sat on the concrete seat that was there for when walkers get there too early boschas mom came picking her up she made a sad face "Don't worry I'll have Sebastian go see you later on i know how close y'all are" she beamed with delight and hugged me kissing my cheek running to her car getting in a few minutes later walked amity dragging luz by her sleeve I just smirked "heya luz" she didn't answer, laying her head on amity's shoulder amity looked at her "Luz are you feeling okay your kinda warm" she didn't answer amity's question at first making her question again "Luz?" She then made an mmm sound "Leave me be" finally answering looking at amity she smiled then said "okay sleepyhead" it was cute how they acted.

"So what have y'all been up to" I asked Amity she just shrugged "nothing really we just hung out in the gym I nodded looking over at luz "You seem tired" she buried her face into amity's shoulder wrapping her arms around her torso causing amity to squeak she looked up resting her chin on amity's shoulder "stop talking" pulling amity over to the concrete seat making her sit down getting on the floor and resting her head on amity's lap but by that time Sebastian was here honking the horn making luz groan.

Luz pov:
I was freezing I've never been this cold in my life amity was warm by this time we were already at their house. A man walked up to them welcoming them all home "Hello you must be the wonderful luz I'm always hearing about I'm james" I shook his hand "Wow quite a grip you got there" I felt like death right now I just nodded another man walked out looking me up and down then coming over to me I backed up some "Don't worry I'm not gonna hurt ya but ya don't looks so good kiddo" I waved it off "I'm fine sir" he placed his hand on my head "Your warm" James just laughed "Well of course shes warm look at what she's wearing an the temperature out side dear" he nodded "true"

I was then pulled into a room by amity feeling me as well "Take off your jacket" I blushed "What?" She looked at me "My dad's right your really warm take off your jacket" I shook my head no "I'm too cold" she looked at me and told me to come lay down I didn't want to but it's not like I had a choice I was pulled to it and it looked so comfortable I laid down relaxing "Come here" i told amity I wanted her close so I could protect her always I'm not sure why but all I knew what i needed to keep her safe but my eyes felt heavy and I soon fell asleep with amity in my arms

Amitys pov:
Luz had fallen asleep rather quick her breathing was heavier than usual I texted camilla because if I'm being honest I had no idea what to do I heard Amelia giggling some I smiled knowing lucia had to be here i got up wanting to see her since she's been working and trying to get a place for her and Amelia.

I haven't seen her often I left my room shutting the door and went to my sister's knocking to make sure I didn't walk in on them again this time "THE DOORS UNLOCKED!"

I walked in "Hey ams what you doing" my sister said making lucia turn "AMITTYY!!" I giggled as she picked me up spinning me some apparently weight didn't matter to none of the nocedas she stopped giving me a noogie "How's my favorite little sibling" I fixed my hair "I'm doing okay how about you?" She sighed "Working hard"

Amelia cleared her throat "Oh quit being jealous I've already given you a hello I haven't seen mittens in ages you big baby" I blushed at the nickname she used a long with my other siblings "AS IF SHES MY SISTER IM NOT JEALOUS" crossing her arms looking away I heard the door open to see luz she cowered some going behind me "You know she used to be my little buddy before she was yours" Lucia teased luz making her growl "yeash kid what are you a demon" I placed my hand on Luz's head trying to calm her down "See I'm not the only one who hates being teased by you "Yeah but you don't turn into that" Amelia jumped on lucias back amity what the hell did you bring home!"

I looked at luz her eyes where red and her teeth where hella sharp my eyes widened "You look like a vampire so cool!" She didn't say anything only pulling me to my room "Guess that's my cue to leave bye guys" halfway there I hears Amelia yell "Don't bite my sister and turn her into your kind!!" She rolled her eyes them going back to normal "Doesn't she know that I'm not a vampire it just happens when get territorial" she muttered the last part "why did you leave me?" She said pulling me close to her "what do you mean I didn't go far" she looked down "I woke up and you weren't there anymore do you know how scary it is waking up in a strange place?" I felt her face "Luz your burning up" she shook her head "I don't care"

I scoffed "I do" I went to go to the door to have my hand caught "Don't go" I took her hand off mine "Luz I think you have a fever if I don't get it down then your going to get worse here snuggle with this till I get back" she got up "I'll go with you" I pushed her back to have her flip me causing me to trip landing on the bed "Luz.." I said my voice shaky my heart was racing I felt my face heating up she laid down on me "Don't leave me alone I don't want to be alone again" I faintly said "okay" camila finally texted me back

Camila: hey mija what's wrong with luz?

Me: i think she's got a fever she's really warm

Camila: Okay does she have a cough or anything?

Me: no she's just really warm and has been saying shes cold

Camila: Okay are you at your house?

Me: yeah

Camila: That's good I can't come get her right now or else I would

Me: oh I don't want her to leave I just want to know how to get it down

I looked down at her she had her arms wrapped around me

Camila: Okay sweetie here's the steps to take have you taken her temp to see where we're at?

I mentally slapped myself

Me: no I haven't I'll do it now

Camila: Okay after you do let me know so I can tell you what to do next

I slowly got up going downstairs looking for the thermometer shes going to hate me for this I found it "AMITYYYY!!" Uh oh i ran upstairs seeing a disappointed luz I chuckled "You left me for the second time today!" I rolled my eyes "I had to find our thermometer come here let me see what your temp is" she crossed her arms "No" I went over to her "Luz" she shook her head "Luz stop being a brat and let me check it" she looked up at me "What do I do?" I told her to open her mouth which she did and I told her to be careful not to break it with her teeth she nodded .

It finally beeped showing 101 i messaged camila she told me to just keep her hydrated and give her some ibuprofen and luke warm rags and to get her out of any unnecessary clothing that's gonna be a challenge I thought to myself