If we have each other.

Amity's pov:

Luz had asked me out on a date. I was utterly excited that I ended up running into Willow's room. "Willow! I need your help finding my best outfit!"

I yelled, jumping on her bed like I was a child waking up their parents. Willow started laughing, tossing her pillow at me. "Amity, calm down what's the special event?" I smiled widely "Me and Luz have a date today!!" I yelled, my voice cracking some like it always did when I got too excited. Willow's eyes went wide before a smile crept onto her face. "That's great Amity! But I'm not that good at fashion. If anyone would be of help, it would be bosh or Emira."

I nodded running into my older sister's room, knowing Ed was out, "Emmmmmm!" I yelled, tackling her, making her have to place her foot in front of her to keep her balance. "Jeez mittens, you haven't been this affectionate since you were 4" she said chuckling.

Amelia came into the room. "Aww my two best sisters being cute" she cooed, picking me up like I was a toddler. "You can't leave me out mittens, I want some hugs too, since you're in a mood." I smiled. Hugging her before, I turned to Em. "I need your help picking out an outfit!"

Amelia and Em both had confused looks on their faces. "Why?" I was now put down to explain. I smiled broadly "I have a date with Luz today in about 2 hours". They looked at one another, then at me, tackling me in hugs.

"OMG Amity! I knew y'all would be together!" Emira yelled as I patted my sister's arm. "Thanks but um Ame c-cant breathe" she instantly let go, apologizing "sorry sis, anyway let's get you an outfit shall we?" I nodded, finally we would be able to focus on what I need to get done.

Luz pov

I was pulling my hair out. Everything wasn't going to plan. None of the clothes I wanted to wear were to be seen and the roses I wanted to get are running late and won't be here for another hour! "Ughh I'm the worst date everrrr"

I put my head in my hands wanting to just wisp away "Luz you're not a bad date, you haven't even took her out yet!" I sighed "I know, Camilla, but I had this all planned out, pick her up on the dot, complement how she looks,give her flowers, go to a restaurant, and watch the sunset! How am I supposed to do that now when the flowers won't be here in time, nor with it being sunny all day." I said, plopping down on the floor.

"This day is the worst."

Amity's pov

"This day is the greatest!" I was very excited to see Luz. She texted me that she was on her way and that she would be there within a few minutes. "Okay, how do I look guys?" I said, looking at my older sisters, "You look adorable mittens" Amelia said, ruffling my hair. "Hey, hey no I spent 15 minutes just getting it to not stick uppp" "You look so cute! look at this my baby sister is growing up" Emira said hugging me tears in her eyes I pushed her off a little bit "Em your going to wrinkle my shirttt" she quickly let me go but not before pulling her phone out and taking a picture.

I blushed at the action. "What was that for?" Em smiled. "Well one, I want to get my sister's date outfit so I can get a picture made for the picture book and two to send to Ed" I smiled, knowing well my brother would break down the door and start crying about how I was growing up. Ed was the light hearted one when it came to me maturing and becoming an adult, which I was far from but I like to imagine.

Smiling, I hugged them both, hearing the door bell ring, then I immediately ran to get it, opening it to see Luz.

She wore a black turtleneck that was tucked into her pants, which were a pair of jeans that were ripped near the knee with combat boots. I would be lying if I said she didn't look good in them, she blushed at what I was wearing. It was a black T-shirt with a pair of my slim blue jeans that hugged my legs and my red converse.

I looked at her some more to see that she had a jacket on her. "I knew you wouldn't wear one", she sighed, taking it off her shoulder and placing it on my arms. I blushed a little. "I have my own jackets in the house that I can get" she grunted, "No mine will do" she said, "Before we leave, may I come in?" I nodded, putting my hands in the pockets of her jacket, feeling something like paper.

Luz pov:

I was going to tell her siblings that she wouldn't be out too late and that they should expect her at 12. Walking into the house, I walked upstairs to Em's room knocking some "come in!!" I opened it and got a shocked look. "Dang cutie you really know how to dress". This now caught Amelia's attention. "Damn Em, you're not wrong for once."

This got a scoff out of Emira. I smiled a bit, looking at my watch, "I have come to inform you that Amity will be coming home at 12 no later and not a minute before. I expect you two to be up at this time to let her in?"

They nodded "What a real catch don't you think, amity?" I looked over to see Amity smiling. "Yeah I do" I smiled, going over to her, fixing the collar. "This was my grudgy jacket. Also, I didn't dress myself. Lucia helped me pick an outfit." This made Amelia blush, knowing that I mentioned her partner's name.

I looked at my watch again. " Well, we must be off, it's about time to head to the diner. In case of emergencies, here is the number and coordinates." This caused everyone's eyes to widen, some making me smile "just in case."

Turning to Amity, looking her up and down one last time before asking if she was ready to go, she nodded as we walked out of the house to the parking lot. My jacket was big on her, which made me smile some as I snaked my arm over her shoulder, making a chirp like sound escape. "That was kinda cute" this made her blush "What's got you so bold?" I chuckled "What can't I show affection to my lovely cotton candy haired goddess?"

She smiled some, kissing my cheek, making me tense before I relaxed. "Bold move Amity", she smiled. "carry me?"

I shook my head, sighing as I got down. "Jump" she did and I caught her, placing my hands tightly on her so she didn't fall, as I hoisted her up some so she could put her head on my shoulder if she wanted, "Where are we going?" I smiled "It's a surprise" I said as I started running making amity chuckle as we made our way to our destination.

As long as I have you, nothing will ever cause me any pain.

I love you with everything inside this cold heart, Amity blight.