patch you up

Amity's pov
She looked terrible. Her hair looked like she hadn't brushed it in weeks, maybe even a month. Her eyes contained dark circles under them, and of course, there's her arm. I ran over to her, making her flinch by backing up. “Let's get you patched up,” I said, slowly taking her hand in mine.

The corner of her mouth twitched before she just nodded. “Did she lose feelings for me? Have I really been wasting all this time waiting?” We made it to the door and I felt a tightness in my hand. “Luz?”

I looked over to her and saw something in her eyes that I had never seen in quite a while. I couldn't put my finger on it. Was it fear? Sadness or maybe worry? I squeezed her hand back. She looked over at me and smiled.

The house itself was anything but peaceful at the moment. As soon as I brought Luz in, Amelia rushed over, trying to be an investigator on why Axel went missing and how he got there in the first place.

Luz didn't exactly talk to anyone, but she would shrug her shoulder that wasn't as damaged, “Hey, can you take your arm out of your sleeve?” I asked, but Amelia was being a thorn in my side. “Woah there hold up, why are you so beaten up for?” she sighed, taking off her entire undershirt instead of just her arm. Luz looked at me for what looked like help.

But I got the memo: “Sis, I love you to death, but can you see she would rather not be bombarded with questions.”? Amelia sighed but apologized, which finally made Luz talk. “It's okay, really, it's just I'm not entirely sure what I'm even doing here again.” She shook her head then laid it on my shoulder. “Can I just stay like this for a while?” I smiled as I ran my head through her hair. It was still soft. “Of course you can.” She nodded, then turned a bit, her face now facing my neck. “I've missed you.” I said in a whisper.

She brought her good hand up and placed it on my neck, her thumb caressing a part of it. “You have no idea.” She said her voice sounded like it was just about to break, but her hand movement seemed to slow down. Is she tired? But I haven't even gotten her shoulder cleaned up yet, so hopefully it's not too bad. I said to myself, asking Lucia to help me get her somewhere comfortable. She chose my bedroom, of all places.

Luz pov
I felt strange. My arm was now on fire and the pain was growing to become unbearable. I opened my eyes and saw Amity. “Hey, I'm just getting this cleaned up. It's okay.” She could sense my discomfort. “I know, I know, this is never a fun part.”

I shook my head. “Where did you learn to play doctor?” She chuckled, “Well, since I would always find myself being the clumsy person I am and with you not being around to patch me up, I kind of had to teach myself a trick or two,” she said, still focused on my arm. As I looked at it, not much damage had been done to it.

I felt another pressure on my other arm and was relieved to see Axel was asleep. “When did this little booger get here?” She chuckled, making my heart beat. “Not too long ago, Lucia said she'd come get him, so I would have a place to sleep.” I nodded, “Do you have a couch?” Amity nodded but then stopped to look up at me, “You're sleeping in here.” I blushed, “o-okay.” Damn it, why was I stuttering?

She went back to work and within a few minutes was done. “Lucia was worried about you.” My eyebrows scrunched up. Since when did she care about me? I thought, “Why?” Amity shrugged, “Maybe because of how light you were when she picked you up.” I nodded. “Welcome home, Luz,” she said as she leaned in and kissed my cheek. I smiled but did something I'm not sure whether I should have done, but didn't care at this point.

I missed her and I missed everything about this girl. She doesn't understand how I've longed for this moment. But then his voice ran through my head “she won't love you she most likely hates you for leaving her” but currently I couldn't think of him, he's the reason I dreaded this moment.

Why I was unable to bring up the courage to hug her when I first saw her face. I stopped myself from all thinking as I cupped her cheek, “Come here.” She followed as I kissed her. Yeah, yeah, I know I just got back, and I'm already kissing her. Big deal. She was the only one I was determined and set to come back to.

We parted, and I smiled as I saw her now tomato red face and said, “It's good to be home, Hermosa.” I said as we leaned our foreheads together. She giggled a bit, making my smile grow. “What's so funny?” She rolled her eyes. “Just the fact that you haven't been here even for a few hours, and you already can't keep your hands off me.”

I blushed hard. “Well, can you blame me?” She chuckled and leaned in for another kiss. This one lasted longer than the last one. I raised my eyebrow a bit, using my other arm to place it on the other side of her cheek, not caring about the sting.

She snaked her arms around my neck, pulling me in closer, as I happily complied. We both smiled into the kiss, laughing when we finally broke apart. “Well, that was certainly different from all of our kisses.”

I nodded but started kissing all over her face, making her laugh, I couldn't get enough of it. We heard a person clear their throat, making us look at the door. “I see you're already back together.” Lucia said with a smirk and I cocked my eyebrow, “Did we even break up because I don't remember saying it?

This made Lucia shake her head, coming towards the bed, picking up the small child I forgot was even there. “You two, try not to have too much fun. I don't want the neighbors complaining,” she said with a devilish look on her face.

What was she getting at here… oh. OH! That's no way!

My face became red, knowing full well it was traveling to my ears and my neck. “Just saying,” I hid my face in Amity's shoulder, “What's she talking about?” I just shook my head. “Nothing, let's just get some sleep.

I bet you are exhausted.” She nodded, then actually yawned. “I could totally sleep and much better now since you are here.” she said as she went to the other side of me. “What are you doing?” She rolled her eyes, “Those shoulders are injured, so I can't sleep on them. Common sense, Luz.”

I smirked at how grown she had become since I was gone, but she still had her old spark, which made me happy to say the least. She laid her head on me, shifting, so she was completely comfortable as she put her arm and head on my chest, “I missed hearing your heartbeat.”

I kissed her head. “I missed you, everywhere I went, all I thought about was coming back to you. Like this very moment. I don't think anyone could replace the feelings I have for you.” She hummed, kissing my cheek, “I feel the same.” Thereafter, she fell asleep, taking me with her down a path of sweet dreams and bliss.