fairytale

Amity's pov
I woke up to find Luz still fast asleep I smiled as I placed my hand on her face I couldn't help but trace the scar on her face, a frown now taking the place of my smile. She had to be exhausted from the magic she had to use, and it looked like she hadn't slept in months. I got out of bed deciding I would make breakfast for her or maybe my lovely sister already beat me to it.

I walked downstairs seeing Axel and Lucia, “Where's Amelia?” I asked, usually when those two were awake she was too, Lucia then proceeded to flip a pancake “she's in the shower” I nodded going over to kiss my nephew good morning when I heard music on his phone “What are you watching goober?” He smiled at the nickname I used “I'm watching auntie Luz play” he said this made me curious “What do you mean play?” He showed me his phone and indeed it had Luz on it holding a violin “She made a song and said it was meant for a special girl”

I blushed and wanted to hear it, “what's it called?” He put his hand to his chin signaling that he was thinking “momma, what's it mean when something is magical and imaginary?” Lucia looked at him, “A fairy tale?” He popped up in his chair, “yeah that's the name!” I chuckled at his enthusiasm, “May we hear it?” He was hesitant but agreed, “just don't tell aunt Luz” by that time Amelia had come down her hair still a tad damp. She went over to Lucia kissing her and then Axel she always ruffled my hair which annoyed me to no end.

The small boy hit play and the room filled with the sound of music

The violin played a folk-like melody, and then she started stomping her foot before she started to sing

Years ago when I was younger Years ago, when I was younger,
I kinda liked a girl I knew.
She was mine, and we were sweethearts.
That was then, but then it's true.

She kicked her feet up and spun like there was no tomorrow

I'm in love with a fairy tale
Even though it hurts.
'Cause I don't care if I lose my mind.
I'm already cursed.

She started to play it once more as she spun and allowed the music to take hold of her

Every day we started fighting,
Every night we fell in love.
No one else could make me sadder,
But no one else could lift me high above.

I smiled

I don't know what I was doing
When suddenly we fell apart.
Nowadays, I cannot find her,
But when I do, we'll get a brand-new start.

She was talking about seeing me again, even if she didn't know if she would

I'm in love with a fairy tale
Even though it hurts.
'Cause I don't care if I lose my mind.
I'm already cursed.

The beautiful sound of that violin she played, the way she smiled and danced around kicking her feet up like people you saw in movies acting as if they were born in a different time.

All this time she's thought of me without a waver of doubt or loss of hope, tears started to form in my eyes, but I quickly whipped them away “why doesn't Luz want us to see this that was spectacular!”

Axel looked down “Because she was going to surprise Aunt Amity when she came back with it, but she forgot” Lucia nodded going back to breakfast I looked at the time on my watch 10:58 “Wow she's been sleeping a while” Amelia said “as soon as this one moves I'm awake”

I knew what she meant because Lucia was a rock when she was asleep she was still and didn't toss or turn “Luz is a light sleeper as well, but it looks like she hadn't slept in days, so I don't blame her for wanting to catch up”

Axel nodded “The boss man wouldn't let her sleep he always gave her dumb tasks to do like watching some old guy he was mean and when she did try to sleep that short lady would come in about training” we all sighed knowing she had it rough “She had no time for play time!” He said stuffing his face with a pancake we couldn't help not laugh at the 5-year-old

Axel was very mature for his age we don't know if it was just how he was raised but my sister and Lucia or if it just ran in the family we didn't complain though

A few moments later we heard footsteps descending down the stairs with a yawn I looked over to see none other than Luz she was still sleepy you could tell “good morning sleepyhead” she looked over at me “good morning” Lucia made plate and ruffled Luz's hair “Good morning star shine the earth says hello!” Luz glared at her, but it seemed she didn't have the energy to do anything, so she just hugged her??

Lucia was taken aback at the sudden hug. We watched as Lucia carefully patted Luz on the head, “Hey kiddo you hungry?” She asked it made Luz nod some as she stopped hugging her “go sit down then I'll bring it to you” Luz just nodded hearing twords a chair that was open which was next to me.

Luz happily took it and lay her head on my shoulder, closing her eyes which Amelia looked at with a worried glance mouthing “is she sick?” I did the same saying I didn't know “well if she's sick then Amity would be sick too because they were upstairs making out last night” Lucia said with a smirk on her face.

My sister turned to me with a smirk on her face, “Don't you ever start I have to deal with it enough by the twins!”

I said that too loud because Luz patted my head “calm down its okay no need for violence” instantly I calmed down but saw both Lucia and Amelia trying not to laugh “Amity you're such a cat” Lucia said making Luz chuckle “a cute cat” 

I blushed but loved the compliment as I ignored the part where she agreed with Lucia, I only focused on the cute part.