after all that you ask me about a job?

Luz pov
Amity ended up having to go back to school since summer break was over, which made me miss her a lot

Axel ended up being enrolled as well, so now I was alone with nothing to do in a house with the quiet ambiance of nothingness

“UGHHHH” I was so bored, what was I supposed to do? Amelia always keeps the house clean, so I can't clean it I don't know how Amity's thingy works that make your rectangle thing louder which I forgot how to use by the way.

I was so used to having to do things like missions and fight people now I'm just… A noodle!

Then I don't understand why, but I felt something like a tingle, was it Amity? No, no too young, who could it be?

Axel!!

I hopped up and booked it out the door completely forgetting what shoes are in my socks and shorts with a white shirt, where was I headed? I'm not sure would I find out soon yeah maybe?

And we're it lead me was a school for small humans called preschool, I scooped out the area

Axel. Axel… Axel...... There!

He was on the ground, and it seemed he had been pushed

“You're such a baby who would want to have two moms?”

Axel sniffled, “I am not a baby and I love my mom's”

I was quick to intervene picking up the other small child by his shirt, “Why are you messing with my nephew?” His eyes widened and looked like they sparkled, “Luz!!” He said as he hugged my legs.

I smiled as I put the other boy down, “go on. Apologize” he quickly apologized before he ran off to some other kids while I sat down with Axel, “how did you get here?” I didn't know either really “I don't really know, I just ran” he nodded as he cuddled up to my chest “I'm glad you're here Garfield is being a jerk”

I patted his back, “where'd you hear that from?” He looked up at me “aunt Amity” I chuckled as I shook my head he yawned I looked over to see some other kids laying down and taking naps it seemed it was his nap time as well I thought as I summoned a bag filled with beans and lay back some he was quick to get comfortable and close his eyes as did I.

But what I got next wasn't something I expected

Amelia's pov
I ended up having to go to the break room telling my boss my son's daycare was calling me he excused me, It seemed like he remembers the last time I needed to take a call I smiled remembering that day like it was yesterday

Flashback:
Miss blight we have a meeting at 6 to discuss the new product I expect-

I took out my phone when I heard it play otabins theme song from the TV show mittens used to watch, “hello?” It was one of the teachers “hello is this Amelia blight?” I was about to speak when my boss grabbed my phone, “what do you think you're doing taking a phone call before a crucial meeting!” I gave him a look watching as he glares right back into my eyes, but what he didn't know is that my eyes have the ability to look into the people's soul.

“Give me my phone back. That's the school my sister attends.” But he just shook his head and hit end, making my blood start to boil inside I snatched my phone out of his hands and booked it for the door my heels making an echo as I walked.

He followed me, “um uh where are you doing?” I turned to him “What you don't understand is that that phone call has a kid on the other line wanting to die because she lost someone she loved she had trouble in school now so when that phone rings I LEAVE!” I yelled, making my voice course through the entire office I turned on heading back for the door my phone rung again.