school break in

Amity pov
I was honestly in heaven right now I had instead of luz smart remarks when I said my luz, I got a smile, an actual luz smile, it wasn't fake or anything, it was real and actual real smile!!

I had gotten so close with her these days I was in front of my locker when the bell started going off.

"There is an intruder, is not a drill, I repeat, this is not a drill," my eyes widened, I was right in sights of them, I krept through the halls trying to be as careful as possible, trying every door that I could all locked as if things could get worse I came face to face with a man dressed in black. I tried to run but I was quickly caught soon afterward. Is this the one boss?" He said, holding my mouth shut."

The man looked me over "No, but keep her, we can use her to get money or something" my heart was racing, they were going to use me or worse, they could kill me, shut my eyes and just prayed for a miracle to my amazement, I was going to get just that.

Luz Pov
We had been in the classrooms when the door handle started to shake causing students to become panicked as I shushed them, I don't know why, but it's like I knew the person behind that very door, it quickly left, that's when I decided to try and text Amity again.

Mi amor
Amity, where are you right now, are you safe?

Nothing. I thought maybe she's scared but then I got a reply.

"Yeah, I'm gr8, Brandon."

That's when I started to get suspicious, one my names, not Brandon and amity doesn't know any Brandon, to accidentally mistake me for them, I got up, the teacher telling me to sit down and stay quiet, I didn't listen, worry was filling my whole body.

"No one checked if amity was there, did you?" I said gritting my teeth in the process, I knew that she was out there when her eyes grew wide, I casted a spell, making her keys fly into my hand, giving her a heated death glare when she tried to stop me unlocking the door, then tossing them back to her "lock the door back, I'll knock 3 times when I got amity do not open it." She quickly nodded as I shut the door waiting for a lock, that's when I yelled. WHERE THE HELL IS MY HUMAN!" I heard footsteps coming my way, a man in black talking into a walkie."

Amity's pov
I heard the sound of a walkie talkie being paged "Boss I think we found the kid what we do now," he smiled looking at me "seems we found your friend" his smile was cut off with the man on the other screaming "BOSS WE NEED BACKUP!" He gritted his teeth "How hard is it to simply tie a kid up," he grabbed my arm "Get up pimpsqueak we got to go help those idiots," I got up my hands hurting from the ropes being very tight.

When we walked out there was an eerie feeling about the hallways, the man signaled his other people, us hearing his voice on it, echoing turning to see a man unconscious, then the device started "outside basketball field now" the man turned off the walkie talkie, putting me in front of him, placing the gun behind my back, making me freeze some "Your gonna take me to the place so get a move on if any funny business happens, you'll be the one messed up and I can make a get away" I gulped 'God Luz, why did you have to play hero..'

We had made it to the field and there was standing Luz, her Ora wasn't the usual upbeat type, it felt like hell was breaking lose, the man looked at her.

"Alright, I'm here, don't make any sudden movement or your friend here dies," I looked at Luz her jaw was clenched as her eyes started to rise, a chill krept through my skin, making me shiver her eyes weren't like the were before it was like, as if a fire had been set did she care that much about me that she would risk her safely against an armed man??

"Let her go." She said in the coldest voice possible, I almost didn't recognize it, I felt the gun press into my back, "You know I can't do that kid" and with that Luz was gone and in front of me in an instant knocking me back, I closed my eyes hearing the gun fire, this was it I was dead or so I thought I opened my eyes to see luz a purple force field around us and a small crack in it making Luz cough up some blood

"Your gonna have to be tougher than that to get ahold of my human," she said, teleporting again, finally finding a place behind him kicking him to the ground, then kicking him in the face she continued to teleport to different directions, kicking him and punching him till his face wasn't recognizable, then her Ora changed again, unlike before it was black and red, it reminded me of that book that I read where the main character gets mad and some animal comes out.

She wasn't stopping, she had noticed that she didn't need to teleport anymore so she just stared to pound his face in, I knew if I didn't stop this she was going to kill the man she raised her fist again about to plow into him when I yelled "Luz stop!" She froze and turned to me her eyes a deep red, her eyes then returning her normal honey brown, she dropped him walking to me when I heard the gun go off again, making Luz yell out her body began to tremble looking back at the man he thought he had the last laugh before he passed out cold, luckily he was wrong, it was just Luz's shoulder.

She winced in pain, walking to me falling to her knees, "you okay nothing hurt" I scoffed "Luz, I'm fine you were just shot you idiot and you're really asking about me?!" She laughed "Yeah, I guess, I guess I am amity" I smiled placing my hand on her cheek she chuckled "What's so funny?" She looked at me "oh nothing, it's just, I think someone's going a little soft on me," I laughed "only in your dreams," she rested her head on my chest. "yeah, and what amazing dreams those would be."

The police had finally gotten into the school luz laying in my lap just relaxing, I guess she had forgotten that she had also broken her leg a while back. Since she was so angry, I can understand the impulse. They had interviewed me and her luz staying by my side the entire time using me as a head rest since she was taller than me.

She had gotten her wounds treated, not wanting to stay in the hospital again, she was making this pouting face "Luz, what is it you've been making that face since we left?" looking down at me, she replied without words "mmmmm."

I grabbed her face "whats got you so moody? " she avoided my eyes sighing a little "Ever since i got here ive only been putting you in danger and maybe im a little tiny bit jealous that there was a boy staring at you. " I laughed "so that's what this was about you being so clingy because of a boy??" She grunted pushing my face away, "I knew I should've just shut up," I chuckled "no, it's okay, I find that very sweet of you Luz," she laughed, pushing my face away  again "stoppp" we finally quit pushing each other "let's get you home blight" I nodded wanting to just flop on my bed and sleep.