shopping trip

Camilla POV:

Luz had gotten into a fight, causing numerous people to be scared of her, which didn't surprise me, since she's pretty strong for a kid. Amity let me know how it all went down. I was saddened to know about the boy who caused this, Luz's heart was growing. No one can say that it isn't. Not even Luz herself. I'm uncertain if Amity can catch on to this, but I've noticed it and so has my wife.

“What do you think we should do as about this?” Eda just looked at me, “with what exactly?” I sighed, she's always been clueless when it comes to these things, “Luz is nearly 17 and haven't you seen the way she's been looking at Amity lately?”

She looked at me “oh god, I prefer not to talk to her about her se-” before she finished her sentence, I cut her off “No, not that I mean she has feelings hon!” She shaped her mouth into an 'oh' she then shrugged “I think we need to allow her to figure it out for herself, I mean push comes to shove she'll do it on her own or eventually ask for help”.

I thought about it and decided maybe she was right, but before we could discuss it further, Luz walked in the door, “Hola I'm home!” She said, which made me smile, “home”.

“Hey Luz, how was school?” Eda said, causing her to freeze in her tracks some “uh it was um eventful.” I crossed my arms.

She sighed “Amity told you?” We nodded, “what do I have to do?” My eyebrows furrowed, “What do you mean?” She looked at me. “ Well, usually when I would get into a fight I would have to read books all night or balance something on my head till I couldn't stand” eda burst out laughing whipping a tear from her eye.

“Jeez kid we aren't that type of people, all that we care about is that you stood up for yourself.” she relaxed. “S-so you're not mad at me?” She shook our heads no, she sighed sitting down next to eda “so did you win?” “Eda!” We all started laughing, it was great to see Luz laugh, I nudged her with my shoulder, “so how's Amity?”

Luz POV:

I knew my face was red “um uh she's okay you know how mitt- I mean amity is” sweat was now going down my face “wellihavetostudy!” I said in a rush running to my room, shutting the door before exhaling a breath, I didn't know I was holding I went over to my bed and flopped on it. The dance is coming up, and I have no idea what to expect. What if Amity doesn't want to go with me as a couple? What if I'm not good enough?

Thoughts began to roll through my mind, but I was quickly taken out of them when I heard a ding from my phone. Grapping it, I realized it was Amity.

I opened it as soon as possible.

Amity: Hey, Luz so I was wondering what I should wear for the dance?

All the color drained from my face. I hadn't had anything planned and it was coming up fast. What was I supposed to say??

I started to type:

Umm, maybe something you're comfortable in, nothing too flashy but enough to get others's attention.

She seemed pleased with the response I gave so I was happy too, although when Camilla came in it changed "Get your shoes on, we're going shopping!!"

I didn't exactly know what shopping was, but Camilla took me to countless places that had dress clothes and shoes. "Camila, what exactly are we doing here?" She looked at me with a puzzled look. "Did you forget?" I looked at her with my what are you talking about look "The dance Luz" I ohed as she shook her head

We had walked into a store filled with tuxedos and dresses. "Hello there what can I help you with," a man said. Camilla said there was a dance coming up and we needed something to wear. "Ah well, men's section is that way and girls is that way". We thanked him. I had heard from a little birdie that Amity was going to be wearing a dress so I decided to go in a tux.

Looking around, I didn't find anything that looked like me or more like what I would look good in. I looked good in all black but it's not really a funeral. "Why don't you go with a black blazer and white dress shirt? Oh and you look dashing in purple"

Purple was my favorite color. Camila was on to something. I nodded, she had grabbed a vest that was purple and a tie along with black dress pants and coat. " Here go try this on". I did so and went out. A mother and daughter were also shopping and I looked over to have her drop her clothes and jaw. "Mom pinch me. I think I'm in heaven", picking up her clothes, she walked off, her face red.

How come I don't have that effect on amity. I pouted. "why the sour face?" I sighed "it's nothing" "you look amazing Luz". I smiled, walking back into the dressing room, changing back into my original clothing. "D-do you think amity will like this?"

Camila chuckled, "Honey, I've known that girl since she was in diapers and I know when she's going to like something and then hate it. But you, Luz, you can do no wrong in her eyes". To say the least, I knew my face was red.

A song came on that I knew Amity listened to. I went to turn it up then stopped. "Um may I turn this up?" Camilla nodded, "Yes you can."

I turned up the song listening to the singer and just lost myself in the music.

“They warned her don't go there.”

"There's creatures who are hiding in the dark"

"Then something came creeping. It told her"

"Don't you worry just"

I had started to sing now

"Follow everywhere I go top of all the mountains and valley low"

I hadn't noticed the camera pointing at me till later, but at that time it didn't really matter. Tomorrow is the day..