lullaby

Amelia's pov
The last few events that happened within the last week have honestly made me wonder how I made it to where I'm at. My sister who was once quiet and distant from everyone was now back to how she used to be, granted she was always around Axel when we first brought him home I remember it like it was yesterday.

Flashback

I was exhausted looking at Lucia she had the small child in her arms "Hey" I said weakly she looked at me "Hey" she said with a smile "Have you been up this entire time?" I asked her she smiled "Yeah I thought you needed your rest, so I kept our Son occupied while you slept my eyes grew we had a boy he started to squirm in her arms "hey look it's mommy she's finally awake you took a lot out of her you know" she said while talking to him walking carefully over to my bedside I sat up some groaning in the process "Careful honey" she said while rocking our son.

I smiled at the sight "Here I think I've held him enough" she said standing and coming towards me making me act quickly I looked down at the small face "It's been so long since I've done this" Lucia chuckled "same here" I felt his small hand grip my finger I felt my heart melt at the sight "We did it honey" Lucia said as she kissed me now looking at our newborn watching as he opened his eyes seeing a beautiful color of brown "He has your eyes!" Lucia smiled, "he has your nose and your hair color".

Our family moment was interrupted when the doctors came in "Oh my apologies I just wanted to go over the discharge paperwork and the name of the baby" I looked over at my wife knowing exactly what we agreed on "Axel Andrew Noceda"

Time skip to them heading home

I had told Amity I was getting discharged today she just said okay and told me she would pick up the house to make it babyproof I chuckled at her then ended up having to tend to a crying baby "I know, I know, I didn't like them either" Lucia said as she put Axel in his new car seat the hospital gave us.

Lucia hopped in her car getting into his diaper bag and getting out his pacifier, he instantly hushed. I started taking pictures about to post them on social media, "Do you think mittens will want to hold him?" Lucia asked me.

I thought for a second "No doubt she loves kids" this made my wife chuckle as Axel reached for my finger again gripping onto it, the drive didn't last long since we were close to the hospital.

Pulling in our driveway I saw my sister waiting outside the door as we pulled in she rushed to the door "where's the baby!" I smiled at this she hadn't been this happy since her and Luz got together, Lucia unlocked the car doors and Amity opened the doors to where I and Axel were.

She started to bounce her foot "okay, okay hold on, let us get settled before you hold him" I saw the shimmer in her eyes return "I have a nephew!" Lucia and I started to laugh at the cute little childish moment we witnessed getting everything out and heading inside, I turn to Amity "Go sit down on the couch, and I'll bring him to you".

She quickly nodded "Really she's not 6 honey" I smirked at Lucia's comment "My mom did it to me when I held each of my younger siblings I'm not breaking tradition" I watched as she shook her head as I got him out he was still fast asleep I saw Amity's eyes go wide as I got closer "Okay now be careful"

Amity rolled her eyes "Amelia I'm not five I know how to hold a baby" she said in a whisper I chuckled nodding as she held him "he's so cute and tiny" I sat down beside her "What's his name?" She asked.

I looked up at her then at him "Axel" she nodded smiling as he took her pinky in his small hands "Hi Axel I'm Amity, and I'm going to be the best aunty there is you just wait and see" I felt my heart melt again glad I got that on camera.

Flashback end

I was now watching as Luz chased my very giggly son around the room he had gotten into some candy before bed, and it caused him to be hyper "Oh I'm going to get you Axel I'm going to get youuu" she said but then stopped for a second to stretch her back Amity smiled at her "She will make a great mom" I said

Watching my sister turn red but then sigh "I know" she paused for a moment then continued "she's always been kind and easy when it comes to things like yesterday at the reunion Gus cried on her so much it soaked her sleeve, but she didn't get frustrated or mad she just hugged him"

We both watched as Luz played with Axel, watching as he slowly started to nod off "okay Mr. Sneaky, I think it's time for bed" I heard her say she looked up at me "Can I put him to bed tonight?" I waved my hand in a go ahead motion watching as she stood up taking him in her arms and heading to his room upstairs, "want to go she what she's up to?" I asked my sister who smiled "Definitely".

Amity's pov

We quietly made our way to Axel's room the door was cracked, and his night light was turned on making the stars and moons show on his walls his head was placed on her shoulder, but we knew he was still awake "I'm going to sing you a song my father used to sing to me before would you like that Axel?" He nodded, she nodded as she started to shift from foot to foot in a rocking motion.

Hush-a-bye, don't you cry
Go to sleep you little baby

My heart begun to beat hearing her voice, I put my hand over my mouth to keep from making any noise

When you wake, you shall have
All the pretty little horses
Dapples and greys, pintos and bays,
All the pretty little horses

Way down yonder, in the meadow
poor little baby, crying mama
Birds and the butterflies flutter round his eyes
poor little baby, crying mama

Amelia was now filming as we both continued to listen watching as Axel became more and more out of it I instantly tapped my sister and pointed when I saw a man and a small child appear singing the same thing as Luz tears begin to fill my eyes when I figured out who it was. Her father.

Hush-a-bye, don't you cry
Go to sleep you little baby
When you wake, you shall have
All the pretty little horses

Dapples and greys, pintos and bays,
All the pretty little horses

We heard soft snores as Luz began to hum the same lyrics while rocking him back and forth as she walked him over to his bed laying him down and looking at the illusion of a father and child "I missed your singing papa if only we could be as if we used to be" she said before she started to walk to the door making us instantly book it to the kitchen.

I hid my face, so she didn't know I had been crying "He's out like a light!" She said a smile on her face, but it instantly disappeared, "Amelia, why are you looking at me like that?" She asked my sister, I looked over at her, and she was giving her the most sympathetic look I've ever seen her muster.

Before I knew it, she held Luz in a tight hug I saw Luz tense and looked at me, but she then accepted the hug "It's good to have you home Luz" I saw a single tear fall from Luz as she smiled.

"I guess I finally do have all the pretty little horses..." Luz said making me join in the hug feeling as my sister wrapped her arm around me "I'll never let anything else happen to you" I heard her say.

"I promise"