rest day

Luz pov
Me and amity had gotten a day off from school mainly since we were the main ones in danger lately I've noticed that amity's been a little off her face has been glowing red every so often and she's been clinging to me when we notice guys staring, I'm not complaining I like it more than I'm supposed to but at the same time I don't want her having to worry about me.

I decided to text her just to see if I could possibly talk to her about something serious, she told me yes that she was free and that she would be over in a jif.

Which I wasn't ready for, I had bed hair and was in my sleep wear, I jumped out of bed well more like fell causing Eda to run up, "What's wrong?!" I waved my hand, "I'm fine, I'm fine, just this stupid cast," she helped me up "it doesn't really seem like nothing kid your face is red," I looked at her, "tell me your joking," she shook her head, no feeling my head, you sick?" I shook my head no,

She then nodded, giving me my crutches, "ugh, when will this heal I've already done a healing spell on it twice!!" Eda just chuckled, "you're so impatient." I smiled going to the bathroom, so I could fix my hair and get on new clothes. I settled with a black shirt that said skipnot on it and some jogging pants and fixed my hair a bit jumping when I heard the doorbell ring "I'll get itttt" I heard eda yell as I slowly made my way down the stairs knowing it was meant for me "Amity?"

She had tears in her eyes,"Hey Luz.." I flicked my wrist, pushing her towards me, "What's wrong, why are you crying?Did something happen? Did something hurt you?" I was about to ask more questions, but she put her hands over my mouth silencing me, "I'm okay, it's just today's a very hard day for me is all," then a lightbulb went off in Camilla's head "oh amity my sweet girl come here," causing Amity to go and hug Camilla breaking into tears again.

I wanted to grab the human but I stopped jealousy was forming in my bones, Eda put a hand on my shoulder and got close to my ear "Calm down, loosen your fists take a breath" I did as I was told and was about to walk off when something grabbed my hand, "W-where are you headed?" I turned to see it was amity who asked, "I'm going to go to my room and do some work," I noticed a tear in her eye about to fall.

I faced toward her using my thumb to catch it. Would you like to join me?" She didn't say a word just shook her head, yes we walked up to my room, I shut the door going to my desk amity just stood there, I sighed going to my bed patting the spot next to me, I wasn't going to get anything done like this.

Amity's pov:
I got over to Luz, she was sweet, I felt her hand gently take mine, "I don't know what's hurting you, but I'm here for you," she kissed my head, I looked up at her "w-what was that?" She shrugged, "I've never done that before," I chuckled "you're really going soft on me noceda," she smiled "only in your fantasies."

I looked at her. "Can you stay with me for a bit like this?" She shook her head yeah and got in a better position signaling for me to come closer, she rapped me in her arms and hugged me close, "you know this reminds me of when I was little," she nodded, showing me she was listening, "I got sick one time and my mother and father were so worried that they told their bosses that they couldn't come into work."

I chuckled some as I remembered the memory "my mom would hold me like this and I would fall asleep soundly" I felt her tighten up her grip "Luz you okay?" She horsely said 'yeah' I looked up at her and realized there was tears in her eyes I quickly got up "oh God Luz, what's wrong," she smirked "heh, nothing amity this is supposed to be about you, not me silly," I whipped at her eye getting the tear that escaped away.

"No, it's not just about me you're holding something back, aren't you?" She looked at me "when you humans talk about family, it just reminds me that mine hasn't exactly been the greatest you all say they are supposed to make you feel loved when I've only felt forced to be better and afraid," she looked at me "you humans are the closest thing that I've been able to call a real family."

I was lost of words so I didn't dare say anything, I just hugged her tightly, her giving me the same, at that moment I felt a beat in my chest, a strong one I pulled away only for her to pull me back into her chest "your not getting away that easy," she smiled and as if I was imagining things it's as though she had a glow around her.

My stomach began to turn and spin but not in a bad way "amity" I looked up at her "thank you" she said tiredly must have been from her crying "are you tired Luz?" She nodded a bit "okay, I'll let you rest," I said getting up soon, being pulled back down "stay here tonight, eda won't mind, just don't leave," I smirked "Luz, your being very childish," she grunted pulling me closer "let me be childish just as long as you stay here," I smiled giving in.

"Fine, you big baby, I'll stay," she put her arm around my waist, making me yelp a bit, I looked at her and I don't know what came over me, but I ended up asking, "Luz, can I run my fingers through your hair?" She nodded slightly and that's when I realized just how soft it truly was, as I kept doing it, I came to find out that the more I did it, the louder purrs where heard. 

'This is literally the cuttest thing I've ever seen,' I thought to myself as sleep soon began to take over me.