my teenage prodigy

Luz pov 
As I was drug to the one place I didn't want to go back to, I was slammed against a wall as the doors began to shut, leaving me in a dark and gloomy prison of a room. My eyes hurt from crying, not knowing if I was ever going to see Amity or my friends again. I curled up into a ball as I started to sob, "I want to go home." I said, hearing a booming voice, "You are home." I raised my head up, seeing the man everyone feared more than anything on the boiling isles, "Em-emperor Belos."

The man took off his mask, allowing me to see his face. It was consumed in scars. "I have heard great things about you, Luz, and I believe the titan has great great plans for you." I blinked. "The titan?" My voice was cracking as I spoke, "Yes child, so no more tears. Who knows, you may even get to go see your friends again." I ran to the bars of the cell I was in. "I can see them again." He smiled, "As long as you do what I say." I didn't think I was so determined to see them again to see Amity again. My face turned red as I thought of her, "I'll do anything to let me see them again."

He smiled, reaching his hand out, "It's a deal then?" I took his hand feeling a burning sensation in my hand making me pull back as I held my hand seeing a symbol of some sort "Welcome to the emperors coven Luz or should I say onyx guard" I looked over my body to see my ragged clothes were now replaced with a coven guard costume that was mostly black. The mask was a silvery grey color. Amity would love this. What would she think about if she saw me in uniform? He let me out as we walked along side one another. I forced a smile, but it didn't stay as I placed the mask upon my face.

I am now known as the Onyx guard. "You will go through training every day for the next 2 to 3 hours. You are to learn how to control emotions such as that display you put on earlier. No weakness." I nodded. "Yes sir." He nodded as well. "Your mother and father are desperate to see you. Would you like to see them?" I thought about it, "No, ban them from coming near me. They are no longer my family. My family is in the human realm. " I knew that would kind of shock him, but I didn't care. It was the truth. "Tell my Luz, what all did you see in the human realm?"

His question caught me off guard, "I saw a lot of things, even found the lo-" I cut myself off, "you will learn to control your emotions," it ran through my head."I had to please him because he was my only way back home. He nodded his head, "I see." As we approached the throne room, I saw both the people I used to call mother and father.My father looked in my direction before he spoke, "We want to take our child home. She has much to learn."

I clenched my teeth, but the emperor simply raised his hand, saying, "I am afraid I will not allow it. She is to stay here by my side. She will learn things, just not from you." My mother protested, "But sir, if you will..." he cut her off, saying, "I will not allow one of my guards to leave this premises unless they are on duty, which she is not at the moment!"

I don't know why, but I enjoyed watching someone bow to me. "Yes emperor Belos sir, our apologies for speaking without turn." I smiled under my mask. It was as if all those years of me being desperate and begging for acceptance finally reached out to me. "our apologies sir." He sounded sad. He rose and even looked sad. Why was he looking so sad for?

In another realm,

Amelia's pov
My baby sister was going through so much. First the loss of our parents, now the loss of a loved one. Each one of us tried to get her to come out of her room to eat something, but she wouldn't. She would just bathe and sleep. "At least she has enough decency to take a bath."

I smacked Ed in the back of his head, making him wince. "What is it the truth when they were depressed she wouldn't even shower?" I watched as my younger sister scoffed. I groaned, "You two stop arguing. I'm going to go try and get mittens out of bed." I stood in my chair, making a slight screech noise as it glided against the floor.

I sort of knew how she felt one day when Lucia hurt herself real badly in an accident. We didn't know if she was going to make it but she did and I've clung onto her ever since. Even if we argue a lot, we love one another. As I made my way to her door, I heard sniffles. I knocked. They went silent. "Amity." She didn't say anything. I went to open her door. "Leave me alone." I didn't listen and intended on getting her out of this room even if it made her mad at me. "I said leave me alone!"

She threw her pillow at me. It hit my face. I raised an eyebrow. "Throw the other one." She looked at me like I just spoke a different language, but this was my plan. If she throws all of her pillows at me, she won't have any amo for the fight. I just planned it in my head. "You gonna throw it or just sit there?" I said, balancing my weight on one side. We all did this on certain occasions. I guess the twins got it from me and it rubbed off on Amity.

She tossed her second one. I caught it. "Thanks," I said with a smile, running up to her. She caught on, "Hey hey hey!" I decided to ditch the pillows and wrap the blanket around her like she was some sort of burrito since Lucia did it to me when I was mad at her and she wanted cuddles. "The kitten's claws can't scratch me if she's a burritoo!" she said.

I smiled at the memory but my mittens were redder than me when Lucia first kissed me. "Let me go!" I just went to sleep. Why can't you guys get that? " I grew aggravated. I knew that wasn't the right approach, but she's been "sleeping" for a week straight.

My hands found her shoulders, pinning her slightly; she's my sister, and I'm allowed to do this.Listen to me, I get it, you're hurting, but you can't stay wallowed up in this room for the rest of your life. Luz wouldn't want that. She wouldn't want you to be crying like someone who's partner just died. "Her eyes looked at mine. They shook. Anyone that mentioned Luz, she would look at them like that.

Her eyes showed sadness, regret, and longing, things I'm all aware of. I cupped her cheeks in my hand and said "I know all too well how hurt you must feel right now, but gluing yourself to this bed, giving up isn't something her mittens would be doing. I don't know why, but I have a feeling she's okay and fighting to find a way back to us." "It'll be okay, Amity," I said, trying to sound as reassuring as possible, "this is just a temporary situation."I felt her nod, letting me know she was paying attention.

She let up on her crying but was now tired from all the crying she did. I decided 'just this once'. I lay down with her on my chest, replaying the memory in my head of when I used to do this with the twins at my side and her on my chest when she was a toddler. I smiled as she wrapped her hand around my neck.

I heard the door open a bit, seeing the twins come in, "Can we join?" I smiled, patting the bed as they got next to me, "Just like old times." I ran my hand through Amity's hair while the other one rubbed Ed's back. Emira never needed touch to fall asleep, she just did.

I sighed as I closed my eyes letting sleep over take me