The special day

Amity's pov

Today's the day. It's the day of prom and Luz is going to be my date. Camila had said that Luz went shopping yesterday just for this special day and that I wouldn't be disappointed. I smiled, some knowing that she did it for me. I had gotten a dress that was very pretty. It consisted of a light purple undershirt with puffed sleeves, a darker purple vest over the top, and a knee-length skirt Emira helped me pick it out, saying it was settled, but enough and matched what Luz said. Little did I know it sort of matched what she wore as well.

Class was a lot more energetic, to say the least, and who wouldn't be? This was the day we could confess our feelings for the people we liked and I planned on doing just that. I had gotten a letter ready to put it away when Luz entered the room.

Her hair was back like usual, pieces of hair sticking out that she had missed. She looked tired. She came to the table that I was at. Even if we had assigned seats, she didn't care laying her head on my shoulder. "Sleepy?" She groaned "You have no idea." I smiled, letting her sleep on me till class ended up starting. But as expected, she didn't wake up nor care what the teacher was saying.

I flicked her nose not too hard but enough to get her eyes to open "class is ending soon". She sat up yawning. I forgot how sharp her teeth were. I noticed that a girl was looking at Luz.

Her cheeks were red while looking at Luz. I felt something that I couldn't explain. It was like heat in my chest. Before I could comprehend it, the girl walked up to Luz, her face redder than a tomato. "Um hi Luz." Luz looked over acknowledging her presents. " Hi?" I examined her. She had blue eyes, blonde hair and her eyeliner wasn't straight. If anything, it was uneven. She wore a crop top with our school name on it with black leggings and grey shoes.

She fiddled with her nails. "D-do you have a." before she could finish, Luz said "Yes" before she laid back on my shoulder. "I have a date and I'm laying on her and I'm very sleepy.. So please go away." I looked at the girl. Her eyes on the floor before she looked into mine. I mouthed a sorry she just nodded walking off.

I don't know why, but in the back of my head I had a feeling she was not gone for good yet.

Me (Right you are amity)
Luz (But why not I like Amity dumba-)
Amity ( language Luz wait you like who?)
Me ('face palms' ON WITH THE STORY)

Luz pov

"Ugh is it too much to ask to just get a few hours of sleep" Amity chuckled, running her fingers through my hair "if your so sleepy why not go home?" Amity wasn't wrong, I could go home and sleep better, but there's one thing she doesn't know. I don't want to leave her alone.

I faced her and said "Nah I'm good right here and besides, I'll miss you". Class had already ended. We had a substitute who honestly didn't care if we worked or not. Just as long as he didn't have to break up anything and it was not too loud, we were okay.

I laid my head down on Amity's shoulder again. "I just want to stay like this for a while". I knew she was smiling soon after she placed her head on mine. Even though I was taller than her, I always maneuvered myself to her level so I could sleep without any discomfort.

Teachers pov

The class was a lot more calm than last period's students. They were so loud I couldn't get my beauty sleep and lord knows I needed it. Looking at the class, everyone was either sleeping or on their phones. Amity seemed to be doing class work while someone was asleep on her "Miss blight" she looked up. " Yes sir?" I pointed to who I now saw was a girl. "Is she asleep?" She nodded "I wouldn't wake her up. She's very moody when shes woken up when she's tired" I nodded, hearing the rumors about the girl turning back to my paperwork and amity going back to her work and running her hands through the girls hair. That's kinda gay.

Amity's pov

I had finished my work, being very careful when placing it in my bag not to wake Luz up. I remember what happens when you wake her up without a reason.

Flashback

Amity's pov

Luz had been sleeping for a long time. It was already getting late "Hey mittens." I looked up to see my brother and sister. " Hey, what are you guys doing here?" I asked, putting my book down. "you didn't get the message did ya?" Em said, pointing at my phone I shook my head making her chuckle "I was reading and I can't move much" Ed looked over at luz "why not just move her arm or something?"

I shook my head no, knowing Luz doesn't like to be touched when asleep unless it's me messing with her hair. "she's a light sleeper and I don't think you guys should wake her up. She's been asleep since 6". Their mouths went wide "That's longer than Ed slept when he got sick!" The sudden loud noise caused Luz to crunch up her face. Groaning a bit, making me shush them "If you wake her up she's gonna be mad."

But they didn't listen. "Wakey wakey eggs and bacay", Ed said, nudging her. Only to have his hand grabbed. "Ow ow ow owww Amity she's going to break my fingers". At this point, Luz was off of me. "I warned you" I said, looking at them both. Luz was now growling "Who disturbed me and my Amity time!" Before they could be killed, I put my hand on her head, massaging it some "calm down you grouch, you can go back to sleep". Hearing a huff, I knew she gave in.

I looked toward the twins. Their faces had lost their color and they were shaking. "Remind us to never ever try and wake Luz up ever again.." Ed gulped. "agreed" I just chuckled "Luz isn't that bad sure she's bratty, but that's about it guys."

Flashback end

Time skip to them getting ready for the dance.

Luz pov:

I was sweating bullets at this point. I had gotten my hair done and my suit was perfect. Everything has to be perfect as well. Amity deserves the world, but sadly, I can't give it to her for legal reasons. "LUZ IF YOU DONT COME ON, WERE NOT GONNA BE ABLE TO GET IN!!!"

I hadn't noticed the time but Eda was right. Amity's probably already there. Oh god I'd been having a nervous break down. I didn't realize that it was getting close to the time it started. "I'M ON MY WAY GET THE CAR STARTED AND START DRIVING. I'LL TELEPORT!" I yelled, knowing I needed to get the rose I had gotten her before leaving. Grabbing it, I put on a protective seal to avoid any rips or anything to damage it.

I teleported into the passenger seat which Eda was used to at this point. "Got the rose?" I nodded, summoning it, everything still in tact. "Okay then let's get this show on the road", Eda said, speeding up some so I wasn't late.

Amity's pov

I had already made it to the dance. Willow and Gus had also made it. They seemed to be enjoying themselves since there were smiles on their faces. I looked at the time we still had an hour before it started, but when you aren't paying attention, time seems to fly past and, honestly, that's what I was doing, not paying attention.

I had bumped into someone. "Oh, I'm so sorry here let me-" I looked to see who it was and it was the girl who tried to ask Luz out. "Oh, it's you." She said with a rude tone. I just smiled "um yes it's me uh sorry for bumping into you" she scoffed, walking off "what was that about?" I jumped, hearing a voice behind me knowing very well who's voice it belonged to.

Luz.