closer

Luz had started going to see the blight every day after school not wanting to be far apart from the blight anymore as she made her way to the parks yard she started to yell "amityyyyy!" Luz couldn't really use her magic, but when she could she would teleport into amity's room avoiding using a door, but for some odd reason when she tried it didn't work so still not wanting to use the front door she climbed to amity's window.

Amity's pov
I had just finished doing my laundry when I heard a knock on my window, it was Luz, "How the hell did you get up there?" She giggled "I climbed" I rolled my eyes opening it "Okay Romeo" as I started to walk off I was quickly stopped by arms wrapping around me "I missed you," I looked up at her "Luz you literally saw me not even a few hours ago," she whined "Yeah, but that was so long agooo!!" She tightened her grip "And besides now I can attack you," my expression dropped, I tried getting out before Luz started to kiss my face

I stared laughing because it tickled a lot, she did this on a daily basis, confusing people when they asked if we were dating and then having us say 'no just friends', "ahhh Luz stop," she stopped for a moment to speak, then continued till I was nearly out of breath from laughing.

"Okay, okay, you win, you win, just stop it tickles," I said, finally giving in just for her to punch the air saying 'yes!' turning to me "that's 5 wins for me and 0 wins for you," I huffed knowing exactly why I couldn't do such a thing my heart couldn't take that much I looked over at luz to see her having a smug look on her face before she turned and went to my bed.

"You do know, your going to start needing to use the front door right, your going to confuse everyone with all this teleporting and using my windows" she just shrugged her shoulders using grabby hands to get me to come over to her, "you know you've turned into one hell of a softy since you've been with us" she smiled, "It's only because of you."

There it was again that heart clenching feeling that made chest tight, why it happened, I couldn't explain the cause of it all I knew is that my brain was telling me no, but my heart was telling me yes, her lips moved, but I didn't hear any words I was drawn into her eyes.

I started moving forward, maybe people where, right, maybe me and Luz should tie the knot and become a couple would that change how we look at each other? I knew I was very close now and it didn't seem like she was moving backward but following my pase before long I found my voice "Luz" she looked up at me "yeah?" I looked down, then she moved my face to look at hers, "just shut up and do it," she said, I smiled placing my hand on her face having her pull my close, finally having our lips touch.

"Amity" I jumped focusing on what she was saying again, "hm what" Luz laughed "kind of lost ya there, what had you so caught up?" My face flushed red "oh, nothing, just thinking about stuff, you know things like that," she nodded slightly, "I was wondering," she started off "you know the dance is coming up and I don't really have anyone to go with, so I was hoping you'd like to come with me since your my best friend and all"

If I was being honest I had forgotten all about the dance, it was an annual dance before break, I hadn't actually planned on going, but now I was definitely going "if you don't want to, I mean that's completely fine, it's not like I wanted to go with only you and no one else anyway, hehe I've been talking for too long," I heard Luz rush words out only to make me laugh "I'd love to go to the dance with you" she smiled "great because I didn't want to go with anyone other than my tiny human."

I scoffed at the comment "I most certainly am not tiny," she laughed "yes you are your, my little tiny human," I gently pushed her face away only for her to start tickling me, which made me burst out laughing.

Both: God, I love you.

My face flushed red, some thinking about it, she stopped tickling me "I'm not tiny," she laughed "what's so funny?" I asked she looked at me "the fact that you keep denying it even though you know I'm right," did I know that yes, yes I did, was I going to allow her to say that I knew she was right no, I wasn't, I just pushed her, making her fall off my bed with a thud "ow Amity, what the hell!" I smirked, don't call me tiny, then" she scoffed, making me smile knowing I won.

She got back on the bed laying her head on my shoulder "Sleepy?" She nodded I placed mine on hers "Has anyone caused you any trouble the last few days" I felt her shake her head no I knew she must have been tired since she didn't bother to respond to me I don't know why but as soon as I felt her head get heavier on my shoulder I took her hand in mine and smiled

She was asleep by now I could hear her breathing slow down as time past. My shoulder began to get sore so I decided to put her in my lap while I read a book and played with her hair getting a purr out of it. My door opener revealing willow it seemed Luz could sense it because shoulders tensed up I signaled for her to be quiet as I continued to play with Luz's hair making her relax again

Willow signed asking 'when Luz get here' although none of us in the family where deaf me and willow learned this at a young age and called it out secret language since no one knew what we where saying I signed back saying 'For about an hour now she just fell asleep do you need something?' she shook her head no telling me that she just wanted to see what I was up to and to tell me that the twins where staying at friends houses so they wouldn't be home

I nodded telling her thank you and she smirked saying try not to be making out with Luz I scoffed making Luz jump I signed "we're just friends" only to get her to say right adding an eye roll before she walked out of my room shutting my door I ran my hand through Luz hair again that's what we were right just friends I decided to bury the thought and get back to my book

Few mins later

My eyes had began to slowly fall I looked out the window it was almost night and Luz was still asleep I looked at down lifting her hair some it looked as though she was having a nightmare her face was scrunched up and her breathing became harsh "Luz hey Luz wake up" I said shaking her some she didn't wake up only turned and whispered something it was faint but I knew what it was "Amity."

I took my hand and placed it on her face taking my thumb and running it up an down her cheek "I'm here Luz I'm right here" I said softly as I kissed her forehead getting a purr and a now calming down witch.

God if anyone seen this they would never let me hear the end of it her purrs became louder as time went on.

I soon found myself entangled having an arm now over my waist and her head on my chest let's just say I was a blushing mess and to make matters worse one of my dad's came in looking at me confused I sighed "this is Luz she climbed through my window and fell asleep and no we aren't dating so please don't ground me"

He just smiled "Wasn't planning on it but amity how much sleep has this kid gotten?" I shrugged he had a point Luz had dark circles under her eyes, he handed me a plate "want me to save her some? And she's Eda's kid right?" Luz began to growl her grip became tighter around my waist  "Luz it's okay calm down no one's hurting me or going to take me away" I said rubbing her back some causing her to loosen her grip

"Clingy huh" I rolled my eyes "You have no idea and yes Eda's kid" he smiled "Welp I'll let you eat and if your 'friend' wakes up make sure she eats something, also tomorrow we are going to the shop so no school for you, also I'll let eda know she's here so she's not worrying" I nodded but why did he say friend like that I wondered taking a bite out of my food.

I looked down at Luz putting my head on hers "what am I going to do with you" I asked as though she would answer as I kept on eating before turning in for the night "goodnight Luz."