Please Don't Tell // M. McCarthy (part 2)

As you sat through your first class, your stomach was doing flips, and you couldn't tell whether it was morning sickness or the thought that Mason and Madison were in biology class together, while you were stuck in history class. You were meant to be working on your essay, but you could not concentrate no matter how hard you tried. Mr Schue could clearly tell you were struggling, so he came over from his desk.

"Are you okay?" He whispers, standing over your desk.

"Y-Yeah." You stutter, before turning to face the other way as a wave of nausea hits. "Just feeling a bit unwell. It was probably just something that I ate."

"Okay." Mr Schue nods. "Well maybe you should go and see the nurse."

You go to say no, but you're hit with yet another wave of nausea, so instead you nod, and Mr Schue writes you a hall pass.

On your way to the nurse's office, you run into Mason as he is on his way back to class from the bathroom.

"Hey baby." He calls, causing you to pause in your tracks. You turn around to face him, trying to hide the grimace that the nausea has brought onto your face with a smile.

"Hey," You reply, walking slowly towards him.

"I've missed you since homeroom." Mason chuckles, hugging you gently.

"I've missed you too." You whisper, trying to not let Mason notice how unwell you feel.

"Madison and I have been talking about you in biology." He smiles.

"Oh yeah?" You ask, becoming nervous again. "What about?"

"Oh, she just told me that you guys were chatting this morning before homeroom and you still seemed upset like yesterday. She was just wondering if you were okay." He replies, tucking a stray hair behind your ear lovingly.

"Oh, oka-" Suddenly, your head spins. You grab Mason's hand for support, but before you know it, you have fallen to the ground with a thud.

Your eyes open a few moments later to find Mason kneeling over you and the nurse rushing over with a wheelchair. After a few moments of consciousness, Mason lifts you up into the wheelchair. Your cheeks flush red with embarrassment as students from other classes in the hallway have started to peer out to see what happened. You cover your face with your hands and try as hard as you can to not burst into tears.

"Hey, it's okay baby." Mason sighs, laying you down in the nurse's office. "You're okay now."

You try to speak but every time you try, the tears in your eyes start to well again.

"What happened dear?" The nurse asks, coming over to check on you.

"Um," You swallow the giant lump in your throat. "I was in history class, and I was feeling really, um, unwell, so Mr Schuester wrote me a hall pass, and then I ran into Mason-"

"I-I'm her boyfriend, by the way." Mason tells the nurse, as he takes your hand.

"- and then I suddenly get really dizzy, and I tried to stay up, but then I passed out."

"Okay," the nurse nods, "I'm going to go and call your mother."

"Are you feeling better baby?" Mason asks, once the nurse walks away.

"Um, yeah, kind of." You reply, avoiding eye contact and trying not to cry again.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Mason asks, noticing your lip quivering as if you were about to burst into tears.

"N-Nothing." You stutter, but you know that you've given yourself away.

"You know you can tell me anything." Mason sighs, pulling a seat up next to you.