Sam Evans // Bus

"Hey (Y/N)!" Sam calls across the parking lot. You often left glee quite quickly once rehearsal was over so that you could get home quicker, especially in the months where it gets darker earlier.
"Hey!" You say, turning around to Sam, kind of antsy that you were being held up as it was already starting to get dark and you had to take the bus.

"A few of us were thinking we'd go get a bite to eat before we went home. I was wondering if you were keen." He smiled, awkwardly, with his hands in his pockets.

You wanted to. You really did. Especially since Sam was going but you knew it wasn't safe to take the bus late and you didn't want to ask for a ride.
"I-I can't tonight. I've got things to do."
"Aw, surely it can wait (Y/N), that's what you said last time."
"I know Sam, but I just can't. It's not that I don't want to." You look down at the time on your phone. "Look, I really need to go."
"I'm sure one of the guys would give you a lift home."

Your eyes started to well with tears because you really wanted to go, but you were way to proud to accept a ride and you were starting to get stressed about missing the bus.

"Hey (Y/N), what wrong?" Sam asks, noticing the tears.
"It's n-nothing, Sam. I just need to go."
Before Sam has the chance to say anything else, you start walking towards the path to the bus stop.
"Hey, are you catching the bus?" Sam asks, clearly concerned.
"Yes, and that why I have to go."
"(Y/N), one of us will drive you. You can't get the bus this late."
"No, Sam, I don't take handouts."
"(Y/N), it's not a handout, it's about your safety."
"Look Sam, I gotta g-"

"You guys coming?" Finn calls, and your eyes begin to well again.
"Actually, I think I'm going to get the bus home with (Y/N)." Sam says, which shocks you.
"Oh okay." Finn says, not blinking an eye.

"You don't have to do that." You say to Sam.
"No, I don't have to, but since you wouldn't accept my lift, it's what I'm going to do."
Sam takes your hand, which makes your heart race, and you start to walk towards the bus stop.
_____
"Why are you doing this? Like really?" You ask as you and Sam sit down on the bus.
"Because, (Y/N), I care about you too much, I would hate for you to get hurt. I-I'm not trying to say that you couldn't catch the bus on your own, you're strong and all that b-but-"
"Sam, it's okay. Thank you. I appreciate the company." You say, calming him down.
"And, I have been in your position before, so I kind of get it more than the others."

It's quiet for a moment before Sam dramatically turns toward you.
"Okay, (Y/N), another thing."
This made you nervous.
"I kinda, sorta, really like you and was really looking for an opportunity to hang out."

Your heart began to race as his hand touched yours again. You had liked Sam for a long time, but never had any sort of idea that he felt the same way.

"It's okay if you don't like me back-" Sam says, filling the silence of your thoughts.
"Sam, it's okay, I do like you. Like a lot actually, I-I just wasn't expecting this"
"That's why I was so adamant when I was trying to see if you'd come out tonight. But this way meant I still got to hang out with you. And to be honest after living with Finn, I'm okay spending one evening without listening to him talk about Rachel."
____
As you and Sam got off the bus at your stop, he took your hand again.
"So, will you let me pick you up for school tomorrow? Maybe we stop by the Lima Bean?"
You open your mouth to speak but Sam cuts you off.
"Not as a hand out, but as like, a first date kind of thing."
Your cheeks instantly grew red, "That would be great."

The 15 minutes from the bus stop your house was the best 15 minutes ever. You and Sam conversed so naturally, and he seemed to really understand you when you spoke about your family. You could have stood for hours outside if your house talking but eventually you had to go inside.

"Thank you." You said, hugging Sam tightly.
"I'll see you tomorrow. 7:30?"
"That sounds amazing."
______
Hey guys!
Hope this was okay! I plan on trying to write some more Sam stuff if you guys would like it.

Much Love,
Will xo