// I'M SORRY // B.A/S.S ONESHOT

*If you couldn't tell, I love Sebastian. I also really wanted to write a oneshot where he was gay because I feel like I keep making him straight and even though fiction can be manipulated, it was time to be authentic to his character.

--

"Blaine, I really don't see what the problem is. You and I have been friends since before you even met Kurt." You say, sipping your coffee. You and Blaine had been friends for as long as you could remember, before he even went to Dalton, and it just so happened that you ended up at McKinley as well.

"I know, and I know that there isn't anything going on between us but Kurt seems to be feeling a little insecure at the moment, so please just don't make a big thing about him crashing our coffee hangout please?"

You roll your eyes, but before you could speak, a tall dark-haired guy in a Dalton Blazer comes up behind Blaine.

"Blaine Anderson, I'd recognise that hair anywhere." He says. Blaine smiles, kind of awkwardly, and turns around. You just sit there and wait to hopefully be introduced.

"Sebastian Smythe." The boy nods to you.

"(Y/F/N)" You reply.

"I was meant to be meeting someone here for coffee, but they just texted and said they can't make it... can I sit with you guys?"

Blaine looks uneasy but before he can even say anything, Sebastian helps himself to the seat next to you.

--

As soon as Kurt got there, you could tell that he was not happy. This Sebastian guy was clearly a cause of some bad blood.

"Do you guys want another coffee?" Blaine asks. "Kurt and I are going to get one – it'll be my shout."

"Oh uh, yeah. Latte thanks." You say, smiling awkwardly knowing you're about to be left alone with Sebastian.

"Uh yeah, long black for me thank you." Sebastian says.

"So how long have you known Blaine?" He asks as soon as Kurt and Blaine are out of earshot.

"Since we were 11."

"Wow." Sebastian says. "That's a long time."

"I bet Kurt is a bit jealous."

"I don't think so." You laugh awkwardly.

"Okay, come on. I could tell that Kurt was pissed off as soon as he got here, and I reckon only two thirds of that anger was directed towards me." Sebastian says, smirking.

"Okay," You say, looking back to make sure Kurt and Blaine weren't close. "There is a bit of tension between Kurt and I but I'm not really sure what to do about it, so I'm just trying to be the bigger person."

"Tension?" Sebastian asks. You can feel. Yourself softening to him and you try and shake it off but you can't.

"Look, I think Kurt is just feeling unnecessarily insecure about my relationship with Blaine. Sure I've known Blaine since he was 11, and I'm not blind, he is very cute, but there is nothing going on between us... The bowties and the showtunes just aren't my thing."

"Oh, so what is your thing?" Sebastian asks, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know, I just know what it isn't."

--

It's been six weeks since you met Sebastian at the Lima Bean with Blaine and you have been almost inseparable ever since. You text all day at school and have been hanging out almost every day after school – you don't know what it is but there is something about him that. Is so refreshing.

"So, what is this exactly?" Sebastian asks one day as you're sitting down drinking coffee at the Lima Bean.

"What is what?" You ask, pretending to have no idea what he could possibly mean.

"This." He says. "Us."

"Oh, I don't know. What do you think this is?" You reply, looking down at your hands, trying not to pre-empt the sting of a rejection that isn't even real.

"(Y/N), all I know is I've been trying to make a move on you for the last 2 weeks, and as quickly as you give me the green light, I get the red light just as fast."

"I'm sorry." You say. "I guess I was just scared of getting..."

"Getting what?" Sebastian asks when you don't finish your sentence.

"Getting hurt."

"Blaine has told me what you're like. You're the bad-boy player type. Only after once thing."

Sebastian places his coffee down abruptly. "No, Blaine has told you what he thinks I'm like. I'm not like that. I don't know what type I am, but I know that I am a little crazy about you."

--

You couldn't ever seem to find the right time to tell Blaine about your budding relationship with Sebastian. At first you could justify it by how new it was, but then as time went on, and the Rock-salt slushy incident happened, you thought that there would maybe never be a good time to tell him. The bad blood only seemed to grow and grow. However, you knew you couldn't just hide under the radar forever.

"Hey, how come we haven't been hanging out much later?" Blaine asks you one afternoon while you walk towards your lockers after history class.

"What do you mean?" You ask, trying to act oblivious.

"Come on, we've hardly hung out in months. You don't text me as much as you used to. Why is that?"

"I-I was just trying to give you and Kurt some space." You say, making it up on the spot.

"Space?" Blaine asks, as if he didn't remember any reason why you could want to do that despite the conversation at the Lima Bean many months ago. "I never needed space from you."

"Maybe you didn't but Kurt did." You say, suddenly raising your voice and becoming defensive without even meaning to.

"Woah, (Y/N), what's up? Surely this isn't about Kurt." Blaine says. "You totally would have said something."

You look at Blaine, whose voice and face were still soft, and immediately let out a huge sigh.

"You're right." You say. "I'm sorry. I just have been putting off this conversation for ages and-"

"Woah woah woah! What are you not telling me?" Blaine asks suddenly raising his voice.

"Blaine," You say, avoiding eye contact. "I've been seeing someone."

"Oh," Blaine replies calmly. "Why didn't you tell me? You always tell me everything."

"I'm sorry, I just knew you wouldn't like who it is." You say, still avoiding eye contact.

"'Not like who it is'? Who is it?"

You don't say anything, but slowly start to look up at Blaine.

"It can't be that bad."

Still, you say nothing.

"Come on, it's not like it's like Sebastian or anything." He says.

You cover your face with your hand to hide your guilty look.

"No. You can't be serious. Sebastian? Even after he nearly blinded me?" Blain yells, clearly fuming.

"I'm sorry Blaine... but I-I love him."

Blaine scoffs.

You try and put a hand on his shoulder, and he slaps it away.

"If you were my Best Friend, you wouldn't do this to me." He says, before slamming his locker shut and turning his back to walk to glee practice. 

___________

HEY! Wow, two updates in two days, a new personal best for me tbh. Isolation really do be like that though. Let me know if you want a part 2.

Much Love,

Will xx