Our Secret // F. Hudson

Why must it be so complicated? Why is it that despite my best efforts I can't get away from him and that goofy smile? He's there at school, and in glee club, and then when I get home, half of the time his car is in my driveway, and I just know he's out in the backyard throwing the football with my brother. Finn and I have always been close, especially since my twin brother is Noah Puckerman, but lately I haven't been able to escape him. Which usually wouldn't be an issue, and it's not really, except for the fact that I am well and truly head over heels in love with him... and I can't act on it because I just know that Puck would flip.

"How was cheerios practice?" My mum asks as I walk through the door, hanging my backpack on the hook by the door until I'm ready to go up to my room.

"It was fine," I yawn. "I was super tired the whole time though, which made it kind of drag."

"You need to give yourself a break!" Your mum says. "I don't know how you keep up such good grades and have time for glee club and the cheerios."

"Yeah, well she's not quitting glee club." Noah says, walking through the back door, having heard your mum talking.

"No way," Finn says from behind him. "She's one of the club's strongest members. She can't quit."

My cheeks flush a dark shade of red, so I withhold eye contact. "Don't worry guys," I say. "I'm not gonna quit glee club."

"If anything," Finn sighs. "I think you need to stop letting Sue boss you around."

"Yeah," You sigh. "But I love the girls on the cheerios so I can't just quit on them."

"What have they ever done for you?" Puck asks, throwing his hands up in the air.

"Yo, Puck, chill." Finn says, coming to your defence with smirk.

Puck's expression quickly changes to a cheeky grin. "You're only defending her because you think she looks hot in that uniform."

Your eyes dart across the room, away from Finn as Puck says this, and you feel like you could choke on your own tongue.

"Nah," Finn says. "She's your sister bro. I don't see her that way."

My stomach drops when he says that, even though I already knew. I clear my throat before faking a laugh, hoping that no one suspects anything. I then pick my phone up off the bench and go upstairs to my room. Only shedding one small tear.

_____

About an hour later I go back downstairs to get a drink of water to find Finn sitting by himself at the kitchen bench. He's looking down at his phone, so I decide not to bother him. However, he looks up at me when I turn the tap on.

"Are you avoiding me?" He asks, frankly. "I've noticed that you seem to be taking any opportunity to get away from me."

"What?" I reply, laughing awkwardly. "I have not."

"You totally have,' Finn says, getting up out of his seat.

My heart races as he steps towards you.

"So, are you going to tell me why?" He asks.

"Where is Puck?" I ask, trying to change the subject.

"He's in the shower." Finn replies quickly. "But don't change the subject."

"I'm not avoiding you." I insist, feeling my heart getting faster.

"Bullshit." He replies with suddenly looking serious. "Did I do something to offend you?"

"I don't want to avoid you Finn, trust me. I just have t-" and with that, I know I've said too much.

"What do you mean you have to?" Finn asks, suddenly sounding defensive.