// FIRST "I LOVE YOU"//

Sam:

You rest your head on his shoulder and interlock your hands as you look out the window of the bus. Coming home from Nationals in LA, team morale was incredibly low, and your boyfriend Sam seemed to be taking it the hardest. You had all been through so much and tried so hard to win. Even though placing second is still an achievement, since your performance was in honour of Finn, it didn't feel like enough.

You and Sam had only been going out for about 4 months but you had been best friends for so long that you knew that you loved him, you were just trying to make sure he felt the same way, romantically, before you said it.

As the bus pulls into the gas station to refuel and so that people could buy snacks, you look up at Sam who had tears in his eyes. You waited until everyone else got off the bus before you said anything.

"Hey," You whisper, caressing his cheek with your thumb. "It's okay."

"I cannot believe that I failed, (Y/N). Finn was one of my best friends and I-"

You cut Sam off before he has the chance to finish that sentence.

"Sam Evans, you did not fail. Finn would have been so proud of how you stepped up and led the team this weekend. We may not have won, but he still would have been so pleased."

"I just really wanted to win." He sighs, his voice shaky.

"I know. So did I, but although we didn't I am still so proud of you. I love you." You had been so caught up in the moment that although you meant it, you didn't realise you were saying it until the words had already come out of your mouth. You go to turn your head away out on embarrassment, but Sam puts his hand on your cheek before you get the chance.

"I love you too."

Finn:

"Thank you for coming to the game tonight." Finn says, taking your hand as you walk through the school gates leading from the football field to the parking lot. "I know football isn't your thing."

"Anytime, as long as you keep up this winning streak." You smile. You and Finn had been going out for almost three months and he had finally convinced you to attend one of his football games.

"I think you're my good luck charm." He smiles, letting out a soft chuckle. "So, I think that works out."

"Nah, you played super well tonight." You smile as you find Finn's car in the parking lot. "I had nothing to do with it."

You and Finn were now headed off to breadstix with some of the glee guys from the football team, and then he was going to take you home afterwards like a real 'gentleman'.

"Hey, (Y/N), wait up." He says as you reach for the door handle.

You pull your hand away and turn to face him, where he then wraps his arm around you. You hug him back so he hugs you even tighter.

"Are you okay?" You ask, noticing that his breathing had quickened.

"Yeah, I'm just nervous about what I'm about to say." He says, which concerns you a little.

"W-What is it?" You ask, your brain immediately drifting to the worst possible scenarios.

"Y-You don't have to say it back b-but... I love you."

You look up at Finn, who is looking down, clearly worried about your response. You chuckle a little bit, stepping closer to him, resting your hand on his chest.

"Finn, I love you too." You say, before moving your other hand up to his cheek to kiss him passionately.

Mike: