Oneshot for @just_a_random_girl99

"Hey, Kitty!" Sam yells, running up to her in the hallway.

"Yes, Sam?" She spits, rolling her eyes and putting her hand on her hip.

"You, Kitty, have a doppelganger right here at this school." Sam says, clearly excited, waving his arms around like a maniac.

"Hmm, nope." Kitty says, raising her eyebrows and turning away to face her locker.

"Yes you do." Sam insists. "Her hair is different, but her face is just like yours."

"No, Sam." Kitty yells, slamming her locker shut. People turn to look at her and Sam, so she whispers, "I don't have a doppelganger or whatever you call it. I have a sister, a twin sister. Her name is Eliza and she just came here after a church mission trip."

"Oh." Sam says, kind of disappointed that he hadn't found a doppelganger. "Why haven't you introduced her to the glee club then?"

"Because, Sam," Kitty sighs. "I have lived in Eliza's shadow my whole life, and when I came. To McKinley and she wasn't here, I got to finally be my own person, not just her sister, and I want to keep it that way. Maybe it's selfish, but the glee club is my thing, and I just want it to stay that way. At least for now"

_____

"What the hell?" Kitty yells, as she walks into the choir room to find Eliza talking with Blaine.

"Hey, sis." Eliza says, innocently.

"What are you doing here?" Kitty spits.

"Um, Blaine and I met in the study hall and he invited me along. Is there a problem with that?" Eliza laughs.

"Yes. I made it clear to you that glee club was my thing and that I didn't want you to swoop in and take it from me."

"Kitty, I think you're being just a touch unreasonable." Eliza replies, causing Kitty to groan loudly before taking a seat across the room

_____

(RYDER'S P.O.V)

As I walk into glee club, my eyes are immediately drawn to a new face – well not exactly, this face looks just like Kitty's, but I know it's not her. I take a seat at the back of the room, only a few away from her.

"Hi." She says, turning to me confidently. "I'm Eliza, Kitty's twin sister."

"Oh, hi." I say, taken aback by her confidence. "I'm Ryder."

"Well it's nice to meet you Ryder." She smiles, before turning back to listen to Mr Schue who has just walked in.

Over the next few weeks when preparing for regionals, Eliza and I grew really close, and to be honest I was starting to fall for her. But when I started to feel like she didn't like me back, and started to withdraw, I started falling for someone else - Katie. Then, after the whole Katie/catfish incident, Eliza and I kind of stopped talking altogether. I guess I kind of went overboard when accusing people in the glee club of being the perpetrator. But I couldn't help but feel so angry and betrayed that I couldn't let it go.

When Marley first confessed, I was so angry and upset – I was inconsolable. I just stormed out of the choir room and went straight to my locker.

"Ryder, wait." Eliza calls from down the hall.

I turn away so she can't see the tears in my eyes.

"Ryder, please talk to me." She pleads.

"Why would she do that?" I yell slamming my locker shut. "Why would Marley lie to me?"

"I don't know," Eliza says, her voice soothing. "and it's okay to be upset but I want to be sure that you won't do anything stupid. I would hate for you to hurt yourself."

"I just need to go home." I say, now almost sobbing.

"Let me take you home then."

"NO!" I yell. "This all happened because I fell for you and then you slowly stopped talk, better yet caring, about me."

"Woah, Ryder, that is so unfair."

"Maybe so," I spit, not thinking. "But so is letting someone get catfished. I bet you knew who it was."

I throw my backpack over my shoulder and walk out of the school, not looking back to Eliza who was now crying in the hallway.

I knew immediately that what I had said to her was wrong, and that it wasn't her fault, but I couldn't bring myself to talk to her. I was so afraid of what she could possibly have to say to me. Especially when Unique came forward as the real culprit and I realised this whole thing was so much deeper than I thought. So, I made the decision that after regionals, I was going to leave glee club and be done with it all forever even though it was going to be hard to disconnect myself from other members of the club, especially Eliza who I think that maybe I could be in love with.

_____

"Ryder, please don't do this." Eliza says, coming up to me in the choir room. "Don't leave the glee club. Sure Unique made a mistake, and so did Marley, but you are such a valuable member of this group – don't throw it away."

"I-I have to Elz, I can't look at them without getting so so angry, a-and I can't look at you without..." I say, tears welling in my eyes.

"Without what?" Eliza asks, after I don't finish.

"Without being reminded of how deeply in love with you I am, and how I only did this to get over you and look where it got me."

"Y-You love me?" Eliza asks, even though I can tell she's not shocked.

"um, yeah. W-We don't have to talk about it though."

"No, Ryder, we should talk about it. I didn't want to say anything because I didn't think it was a good time but I-"

Before she gets the chance to finish, Mr Schue is calling us all in for show circle.

"We'll finish this later, but for now..." She whispers, before planting a quick soft kiss on my lips.

__________

Hey guys,

I hope you've all been well.

I've had a rough week this week so I'm sorry that I haven't been posting. Hopefully, next week I'll post a few more things as I do have a few oneshots planned. I have found that I like writing oneshots a little bit more than preferences, but feel free to request preferences as well.

Much Love, Will xo