Competitor's Baby // Part 3

The weeks leading up to Nationals, although few, were like hell. Your home felt like an ice box without Finn or Kurt talking to you, and glee rehearsals felt very much the same. The only solace you seemed to find was in Sebastian – and Quinn, the only person in the. glee club who seemed willing to support you. You spent every night possible hanging out with Sebastian, so you were worried about how having to spend two nights in Chicago without him was going to go. Quinn assured you that she would stick by you, but when Mercedes fell ill, she had other things to worry about.

Soon enough in rehearsal the day before the competition, the anxiety of the club quickly erupted into a fight. Everyone seemed to be angry about different things, so you hardly understood what was going on until Mr Schue came barging in.

"What is going on?" Mr Schue asks, raising his voice but seemingly not angry himself.

"Puck is working on his geography homework while we should be rehearsing!' Sam shouts.

"My pillow fell in the pool!" Brittany yells, disregarding Sam.

"Unique is being given a key to the city!" Rachel chimes in.

"Only because Kurt and Mercedes went behind our backs to help them." Artie sasses.

"Oh I'm not the traitor here." Kurt says, snapping his head towards you.

"ENOUGH!" Mr Schue yells, interrupting the fighting that was beginning to ramp up. "look at yourselves!"

"I know, I'm sorry. I have rage." Santana says, holding her hands up in surrender.

"No, it's a good thing. It shows how committed and passionate you are about winning tomorrow. But you guys have GOT THIS! Sure, we can't get complacent, but channel that energy, that determination into rehearsing so that we can be GREAT!"

"Yeah", everyone says in unison.

"Now," Mr Schue says, clapping his hands together. "Artie, help Puck with his Geography, Brittany go with Sugar and get your pillow out of the pool, Rachel, don't worry about Unique, worry about being perfect for Carmen Tibideux tomorrow, and everyone – lay off (Y/N). Sure, you may not be happy about the situation, but you can't change the past, and she is just as much of a valued team member as any and all of you."

"Thank you," You whisper to Mr Schue and nods as if to say no problem.

"Then everyone else, back to rehearsal."

With that everyone broke off into smaller groups, with many people coming to apologise to you on their way. However, Kurt., Blaine, and Finn didn't seem so eager to forgive just yet.

After your win at Nationals, the entire club was on a high. However, you couldn't seem to stop worrying about having to return back to your normal home life, where. You couldn't avoid Finn or Kurt. Quinn and Joe, noticing you were upset, tried to assure you that everything was going to be okay and that they would come around eventually, but you weren't so sure. They're your brothers, they are meant to be the ones that get over these things the quickest, and even after three weeks and a win at nationals, they still hadn't come around.

__________

As soon as you got home you darted straight to your room, even dodging your parents' congratulations. You immediately began to unpack just for something to do, but your aggressive suitcase emptying was interrupted by a knock on your door.

"Yeah?" You yell, expecting it to just be your mum or Burt.

"Can I talk to you?" Finn asks, shocking you.

"Um yeah." You reply, opening the door to let Finn in.

"I'm sorry." Finn says, abruptly, sitting down on your desk chair. "I haven't been a very good brother these last couple of weeks. I should have been there for you."

"It's okay, Finn." You whisper, smiling lightly. "I can understand why you feel upset."

"No, (Y/N), it's not okay. As your brother, I should have been there for you. Sure, I'm not Sebastian's number one fan, but you're my sister so from now on, I'm going to be here for. you."

"Thank you, Finn." You say, hugging him tightly as tears began to fall from your eyes that you didn't even know were there.

"I love you, (Y/N)."

__________

"Ah, I missed you!" You say, wrapping your arms around Sebastian's neck as you met in the Breadstix carpark. Sure, it had only been three days, but you had gotten so used to being around Sebastian that not seeing him for even just a day felt so strange.

"I missed you too." He smirks, before leaning you up against his car and kissing you passionately.

"I heard you guys won." Sebastian says, as you both sit down in a booth.

"Yeah. It was kind of crazy. I still kind of don't believe it."

"Did you talk to Finn? Or Burt"

"Um yeah." You sigh. "I talked to Finn. He seems like he's alright. We had this big moment where there were wears and hugging so I think that means that he and I are okay at least."

"That's amazing baby."

"Yeah, but Kurt hasn't said anything, in fact, he spared no hesitation during rehearsal on Saturday, when a fight broke out – he called me a traitor, which hurt."

"Yeah." Sebastian says, understandingly.

"He's my brother – well stepbrother but he might as well be my blood brother. I don't understand why he can't even try and support me."

"I'm sorry, (Y/N), if I hadn't been so dumb this year, maybe they'd like me."

"Hey, maybe." You giggle. "But you can't change the past. You can only look toward the future and you are my future whether they like it or not."

__________

"Hey, can we talk to you for a minute?" Kurt asks, Blaine beside him, as you try and sneak down your hallway towards your room as it was kind of late.

"Um, yeah, sure." You say, hanging your bag on the door handle.

"We just wanted to say that we're sorry." Blaine says, biting his nail.

"We should have responded better to your news." Kurt speaks.

"Maybe so but I can understand why you guys are upset. I-I'm sorry."

"Thank you," Blaine nods," But we still should have been there for you, not standing against you."

"We saw you and Sebastian at Breadstix tonight and you both looked genuinely happy." Kurt smiles.

"Yeah, almost weirdly happy for him. It was strange." Blaine chimes in.

"And while we may not be ready to welcome him into our world with open arms," Kurt continues. "We both want to support you. You're my sister, and that's more important than anything."

"Thank you," You say, tearing up, much like how you did with Finn. "That means so much to me."

"It's okay, (Y/N)." Kurt and Blaine say in unison, hugging you tightly.

"And to think my life is only going to get crazier."

_______________

HEY!

I hope you liked Part 3 of this. Series. I'm not sure if I'm going to leave this as the last part or if this warrants a part 4 that I may actually have a few ideas for already...

Anyway, I hope you are all doing well.

Love,

Will xo