Competitor's Baby // Part 4

The months after graduation were hectic. Kurt was so unsure about what to do with himself after being rejected by NYADA, and your mum was still going nuts about Finn's decision to go off and join the army like your dad. Luckily, you had good reason to escape to Sebastian's house to get away from all the madness. It was amazing that Finn, Kurt, and Blaine were talking to you again, but you did wish that they would give Sebastian a chance – especially since he was the father of your child. However, everything changed when Finn left, and Kurt went off to New York, and Blaine and Kurt broke up. You didn't have either of your brothers around anymore, and every attempt you made to make contact with Blaine was left unread. The best part though was that it meant that you got to spend every night with Sebastian, alternating between his house and yours.

Five months into your pregnancy, Finn returned home. He was rarely at home though, so you still had Sebastian around all the time, and you. Found that as long as you kept them apart from each other, it was okay. Sebastian was always really respectful because he understood why Finn didn't like him, but that didn't stop Finn from running his mouth any chance that he was given.

_____

"You know, I'm not happy that he's hanging around here all the time." Finn says, emerging from the Kitchen into the hallway after you walked Sebastian out so that he could go to lacrosse practice.

You don't reply, just roll your eyes and start walking to your room.

"I'm not kidding." Finn continues, following you to your room. "I know that he says that he loves you, but I still think the guy is bad news."

"Finn stop, I don't want to hear it." You spit back, honestly annoyed that Finn couldn't even pretend to be okay with Sebastian for your sake.

"I'm just trying to be honest with you, you're my sister."

"Yes, Finn. I am your sister, and as my brother, don't you think that maybe, just maybe, you could try a little harder at pretending to support me? You keep saying that family means so much to you to justify you being stupidly overprotective of me, and awful to Sebastian but Finn, he is my family." You cry, throwing your phone onto your bed, not event thinking about how it could bounce on to the floor.

"No, he's not."

"YES, HE IS FINN! He is the father of my child and I love him. You and Kurt left me here, with no one but him so he became my family, so do not think that you can just waltz back in through those doors and start making decisions about my life."

"Fine. I've already lost everything, what does it matter if I lose you too?" Finn shouts, clearly getting emotional about his breakup with Rachel.

"Finn." You whisper, calmly, all anger leaving your mind when seeing how upset he is. "I know that you're upset about Rachel breaking up with you. But you know that you're never going to lose me. Unless you keep acting crazy."

_____

"Heyyy." Sebastian says, sitting down on your bed. "Can we talk? I was thinking about something that I wanted to get your opinion on."

"Yeah of course." You smile, sitting down next to him and crossing one of your legs with his.

"I was thinking," He began, resting his hand on your thigh. "After the baby comes, we should live together so that we can support each other, and so that I can see our child without having to worry about Finn."

Finn must have heard his name while walking past your room because he stopped outside to listen in – completely unbeknownst to you.

"Where would we live?" You ask. "because it'd have to be somewhere where we have our own space. I don't really want to leave here just to go live with your family."