I Miss You // S. Evans

You sigh in defeat when yet another call goes unanswered. You and your boyfriend Sam had been trying to find a time to FaceTime all week and you finally had a night off from your part time job, so you had planned to call now. However, Sam wasn't answering.
You call a third and fourth time to no avail, so instead of calling a fifth time, you slam your laptop closed with a huff and crawl into your bed. After a moment with your eyes closed, you reach over and grab your phone off of your desk, and instead of unlocking it to use it, you stare at your wallpaper and blink away the tears that were threatening to fall from your eyes. It's a photo of you and Sam from your camping trip, the day after you became a couple and it is one of your favourite photos usually, but now it just reminds you of how much you miss him.

As you lay in your bed, you can imagine for a minute that Sam is there next to you, but when you roll over and the bed is cold, you come crashing down to reality. As you roll over you come face to face with Sam's letterman jacket and as soon as his scent from it hits your nose, you burst into tears. However, you are forced to wipe away your tears quickly when your phone starts to ring - It's Sam.

"I'm so sorry!" He says as soon as you pick up.
"It's okay," You sigh, but then force a laugh. "How are you?"
"I'm good, baby, now that I'm hearing your voice." He says, making your lip quiver.
You take a deep breath before you speak again. "That's good."
"Yeah, I got caught up helping Kurt and Blaine with something and I completely lost track of time." He says, sounding apologetic but also distracted, and you can hear Kurt and Blaine in the background.
"Say Hi to them for me." You say, softly, as you do miss them too.
"((Y/N) says Hi." Sam yells to them, while still on the phone to you which makes you giggle, and they yell Hi back you from a distance.
"Look, baby, I really gotta get going." He says after a moment. "I picked up a modelling gig, and we're shooting tonight. I forgot to tell you, I'm sorry."
"Oh, okay," you say, trying your best not to sound too disappointed. "Well I'm glad we got to talk for a bit."
"Me too baby girl. Call me tomorrow on your way to class or something yeah?"
"Okay, Sammy." You sigh.
"I love you (Y/N)." He says.
"Love you too." You reply, fighting back tears, and before you know it, he's hung up on you.

That night, no matter what you try, you can't fall asleep. Your mind was racing about Sam, and what he was doing and who he was with, and whether or not he was thinking about you. It wasn't that you didn't trust him, and you knew he would never ever cheat, but it felt like maybe he didn't long for you the same way you did him. You would never miss a scheduled call or forget to tell him if you had to cut it short. It almost felt, to you, like he didn't care. At three am you text him 'I miss you xo', and then stare at your phone for a moment before turning it off.

That meant however, that you missed your alarm for class the next day and you slept well into the morning, therefore missing your chance to call Sam. Your heart sinks when you realise what's happened, and immediately burst into tears again. You turn on your phone to a million calls and texts from Sam, which only makes you feel worse. You immediately try and call him back, but he doesn't answer. Then you text him and he doesn't respond. You try your best not to cry, but a tear does fall from your eye again. You decide that instead of going to classes that day, you needed to take a 'personal day' so you crawl back into bed, and drown your sorrows in Netflix.
__________
(Sam's Point of View)

As I am woken by the sound of Kurt and Blaine leaving to go to NYADA, I jump to action as I realise the time. (Y/N) would be calling any minute now as she would also be getting ready for her early class. I sit by the phone and I wait and wait, but she doesn't call. I double check the time, and then i call her, but it doesn't even ring which means it's off. That's when I notice that I have an unread text from her from thee this morning. 'I miss you xo' it reads, and my heart suddenly feels so heavy. We've hardly had a chance to speak in weeks and I haven't seen her face for real for even longer, and then the once chance we had to FaceTime, I blew it. A tear threatens to fall from my eyes when i realise how badly she must be hurting, but it's that moment that I realise what I have to do to make it better.

My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of my phone ringing - but it's not ((Y/N), it's my agent.

"Hello?" I say, trying not to sound upset.
"Hi Sam, how did the shoot go last night?" My agents asks.
"Um yeah fine." I say bluntly. "They said they got some great shots and that they'll be in touch."
"That's great." My agent says, her voice sounding almost robotic.
"Yeah, I guess."
"Anyways," she continues. "The reason I am calling, is that there is a casting call for a cologne that I think you could be good for. It's Calvin Klein, and it's in three hours. Can you do it?"
My mind immediately goes to (Y/N) and how I fobbed her off for gig last night and I know that I have to say no.
"This will be an incredibly unfortunate opportunity to miss, are you sure?" My agent asks, sounding somewhat annoyed.
"I'm sure." I say, sounding equally as annoyed at her.
"Okay. Well I guess I'll call when something else comes up." She says before hanging up the phone.

As soon as she's gone I pull up flights from New York to L.A and book the next one. I pack a few items in my backpack and text Blaine before I rush straight to the airport. Just as I am about to get on the plane i look down at my phone and realise that I have two missed calls from (Y/N), but it's too late to call her back.
"I'm coming baby." I whisper to myself, before making my way down the plane aisle to my seat.

Five hours later, I land in L.A. I struggle through the airport because I had only been here with (Y/N) before but I eventually make my way out to the taxi rank and get in, heading straight for her dorm. I can't wait to hold her again.
__________
(Your Point of View)

I was a season deep in my favourite Netflix series when I realise that it had been hours and Sam still hadn't responded to me in any way, so I decide to call him one more time. My heart nearly skips a beat when he answers but finally, a small smile makes its way to my face.

"Hey baby." He says, sounding like his regular cheerful self. "I was just about to call you."
"Hey Sammy." You say, forcing your eyes shut in order to not cry with relief that you were finally talking to him.
"I'm just in a taxi, on my way to a casting call." He says. "But I thought since we missed our call this morning we could talk."
"Yeah, sorry about that." You reply, sounding guilty. "I accidentally overslept."
"That's okay my love. You must have been tired since you were texting me at three AM."
The line goes quiet for a minute but you can hear Sam paying the cab driver and getting out.

"So what's the casting for?" You ask, trying to lighten the mood.
"I don't really know, but my agent said I'd be perfect for it."
"That's good. Are you almost there?" You ask, realising that he's now walking.
"Yeah, i just have to walk up some stairs." He says, counting each and every step he goes up. "And then I'm about to knock on the door."
Right as he says that, someone knocks on your door.
"Oh that's odd." You say. "Right as you said that, someone knocked on my door."
"That's funny. Are you going to answer it?" He asks, before the person knocks again.
"i guess so." You say, getting up from your bed and walking over to the door.

"Who is it?" You call.
"I'm here for the casting." A voice says, making you confused.
"What?" You yell, and swing the door open.
"I'm here for the boyfriend casting." Sam smirks, standing in your doorway. "I think i could be perfect for it."

Sam barely gets to finish his sentence before you grab him by the collar and smash your lips into his.
"What the hell are you doing here?" You ask, grinning from ear to ear.
"i missed you."
__________
Hey guys!

I hope you're well.

Just for context, this is kind of a continuation of my Campfire oneshot, and there is another part coming in the near future.

Thank you to everyone who submitted some requests, I have written them down and will start working on them in my free time.

Much love,
Will xo