OUR SECRET // F.HUDSON pt 2

Your head spun and flushed a million degrees as you stared down at the positive pregnancy test in your hands. You paced around the room unsure of what to do next - you didn't know who to call, or what to do. You had never imagined yourself in this situation and now that you were faced with it, it felt like you were drowning.

You thought that maybe you should call Finn, but he was at football practice, and then you thought that maybe you should call Quinn, considering she was your best friend and she had been here before, but then you knew you were going to have to come clean about your relationship with Finn, which was still a complete secret. So all you could do was sit there and wait for Finn to find you later.

It had been two months and the sneaking around felt so bad, yet so good, and you had felt like it could go on forever. But now it felt like it was all about to come crashing down and not only did you risk losing your brother, but also risked losing Finn, and you could hardly bare that thought. You put the test down on your bedside table before laying down on your bed, the room was still spinning but at least you were safe in your bed, so you shut your eyes in hope that it would help. All of the possible options were racing back and forth in your mind, but you couldn't even consider any of them without Finn.
_____

You're suddenly woken by the sound of the front door slamming and the voices of your brother Noah, and Finn. Usually this sound would bring you excitement but today it just made you nervous. As per usual, Puck heads straight to the bathroom for a shower, and once the water is running Finn rushes upstairs to you.
"Hey baby." He says, closing your door gently.
"Hey." You yawn, rubbing your eyes.
"Oh I'm sorry." Finn apologises. "I didn't mean to wake you."
"No it's fine." You whisper. "You didn't."
"What's wrong?" Finn asks before you can say anything, sensing that something was wrong. Then his eyes then travel over to your bedside table and right to the pregnancy test which you had forgotten to tuck into the drawer.

"What is that?" He asks, but you don't answer because you know he knows as soon as he picks it up.
"Finn, I was going to call you," you insist in a panic, unable to read Finn's reaction. "But I took it while you were at football practice so I knew you couldn't answer."
Finn is silent for what feels like an eternity and all you can do is stand there and hope that he will say something soon.

"Is it mine?" He asks eventually, his voice shaky.
You're almost offended at the thought but when you remember Finn's past it suddenly becomes a much more reasonable question.
"Of course, it is." You reply, taking Finn's hand and pulling him down to sit with you on your bed.
Finn goes quiet again and he looks as though he could burst into tears, so you pull him in for a hug.

"I know this is a shock," you whisper. "And if it's too much for you to handle I unde-"
"No, (Y/N), it's not too much." Finn cuts you off, saving you from feeling like your heart is about to be snapped in two. "I love you, and yeah it's kinda scary but I want to be there for you and this baby... even if it costs me my friendship with Puck."

A second later you both hear the shower turn off, which is usually Finn's cue to leave. You sit up before he does, and he gives you a sad look.

"(Y/N), I don't want to leave you on your own tonight." Finn says, squeezing your hand tight.

"I know," You whisper. "But it's just how it has to be until we tell Noah."

"What about your mum?" Finn asks.

"She doesn't know about the baby, but she knows about us." You sigh, "It is impossible to keep a secret from that woman."

"How do we-" Finn says, and you know what he is going to say.

"She won't tell him." You speak. "She's not like that."

The bathroom door creaks open and shut so you know Finn needs to get out of your room, but you struggle to let him leave. He walks towards the door and tears well in your eyes so he rushes right back. You can hear Noah walking around downstair, calling out for Finn, but you don't realise that his footsteps are coming closer through the sound of the sniffles you are trying to stifle.

Finn stands up, suddenly terrified of facing your brother, but before he can leave the door swings open.

"Why the fuck didn't you knock?" You yell. This isn't the first time someone has just barged into your room, so it was the first thing you can think of to say.

Noah just stands there silently for a second, his eyes darting around the room.

"What is going on here?" He asks. "Why are you crying? What did he do?"

You can tell that Finn wants to say something, but your brother is still staring down at you.

"He didn't do anything." You sniffle.

"Then why is he in your room, and why are you crying?" Noah says, finally turning to Finn.

"(Y/N), do you want me to just tell him?" Finn asks, looking past Noah to look at you.

"No," You shake your head. "I need to do it."

_____