Suspicious // FUINN + PUCK

"You have to stop doing this." Quinn scolds through gritted teeth, yanking Pucks arm and pulling him away from the door.
"Doing what?" Puck asks, as if he had no idea.
"Don't play dumb."
Puck sighs, admitting defeat. "Q, you didn't answer my texts or my calls. I had no other choice."
Quinn rolls her eyes, "Don't call me that."

"Anyway that's not the point. You need to stop coming around constantly. Finn is going to start to get suspicious." Quinn snaps.
"How else am I meant to see Beth?" Puck questions. "You may not be ready to admit the truth but she is my daughter, and I have a right to see her."
Quinn sighs, running her hands through her hair before running them over her face. "Puck, you need to get it through your thick skull - Finn is Beth's father. End of."
"We both know that's not true." Puck smirks, placing his hand on Quinn's shoulder. Quinn quickly shrugs it off.

"I told you. End of."
"Come on Quinn. Give me a proper chance. I can be a good dad. I promise I will give you the life you and Beth deserve." Puck begs, staring into Quinn's eyes longingly. "Please."
Quinn is caught up in Puck's stare for a second but is snapped back to reality by the sound of the front door being opened. "You need to go."

"Hey baby." Finn says to Quinn as she greets him at the door, planting a kiss on her forehead.
"Hey Finn."
"Where's Beth?" He asks, smiling, thinking of his daughter.
"Um, she's upstairs watching a movie. How was work?"
"Good..  hey man?" Finn says as Puck emerges from the kitchen, and he's clearly confused.
"Hey man." Puck replies nonchalantly.

"He was just leaving." Quinn says, sternly raising an eyebrow at Puck.
"Yeah I, uh, left my jacket here the other day when I was here watching the game. I had a job in the neighbourhood and just thought I should grab it."
"Ah okay." Finn nods. "Well since you're here do you wanna stay for a beer? You don't have to rush off dude. Unless you've got somewhere to be."
Quinn glares at Puck, but he smiles cheekily. "Yeah okay, I would love a beer."

"DADDY!" Beth yells, as she runs down the stairs as fast as her four-year-old legs would take her as she gets her eyes on Finn.
"Hey beautiful girl." Finn smiles, picking Beth up and kissing her cheek. "How was your day?"
"It was good!" Beth smiles, proudly. "I made you a picture."
"Did you?"
Beth hurries to her kindergarten backpack and pulls out a piece of A3 paper with lots of messy paint splatters and "I love you daddy" written in big letters, neatly written by the kindergarten teacher.
_____
"See ya man." Finn waves to Puck as he walks out the front door.
"See ya."
Finn then closes the door and then goes up to Beth's room to say goodnight while Quinn reads her a book.

"Is uncle Puck gone?" Beth asks, sleepily.
"Yeah baby girl. He's gone home."
"Good." She says, innocently. "I don't like it when he's here. He and mummy always yell."
Finn furrows his eyebrows and looks at Quinn with confusion.
"What is she talking about?" Finn asks.
"It's nothing Finn, she's four, she doesn't know what she's talking about." Quinn says, faking a smile to cover her concerned face.
"Quinn, she's not stupid. She knows what she's talking about at least a little."
"I don't want you guys to yell too." Beth says, her lip quivering.
"Oh no baby, daddy and I aren't yelling. I'm sorry. Please don't cry." Quinn whispers, kissing Beth's cheek.

Finn says goodnight to Beth and goes downstairs to the living room as Quinn and Beth finish the story and about fifteen minutes later she joins him downstairs.
"Are you sure it's nothing?" Finn asks, taking Quinn's hand.
"Yes Finn, I am positive, it's nothing. I just get annoyed that he comes over unannounced so often."

As soon as the words leave Quinn's mouth she knows she's said too much.

"Hmm, yeah, actually he does do that a lot. It's kinda weird." Finn says innocently.
"I-I'll get over it. It's just a lot. But he's your friend so it's okay."
Finn raises an eyebrow in confusion as Quinn suddenly changes her attitude.
"Sure..." he says suspicious. "As long as it's nothing else."
__________
Hey guys!
Sorry that it's been a while since I've posted on here, I've been busy with university work. I'll be on holidays in a few days though so hopefully I'll upload a little bit more in the next few weeks.

Much love,
Will xx