// PROM NIGHT // Sam Evans Pt 2.

The next morning your eyes flutter open as you are woken by the sounds of Sam's brother and sister, as they watch Sunday morning cartoons in the room next door. You smile softly at the sound of their laughter before rolling over slowly out of Sam's grip while he still snores softly. You take your hand and brush away some of the hair in his face but pull it away when he begins to stir.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." You whisper as his eyes open.

He smiles, "I'm not, you're pretty in my dreams but even prettier when I'm awake."

Your cheeks flush the darkest shade of red imaginable and you hide your face in the pillow.

"Okay, I know that was lame," He chuckles, his voice deep and raspy from having just woken up. "But it's true, you are very pretty."

"Ugh, you're too sweet Sammy." You smile, before moving your head onto his chest; his heartbeat was so quick.

"So, do you have to rush home, or can we hang out?" Sam asks, yawning midway through.

"I'm all yours. I was probably going to spend the whole day in bed anyway – especially if I had gone to that afterparty. I might just have to borrow some clothes; I don't really want to wear my prom dress out."

"Aw, but you looked so hot in it." Sam winks.

"Seriously, stop being lame." You laugh.

"Okay, yeah you can borrow some clothes, I have a place I wanna show you, but we have to wait until it gets a bit closer to getting dark."

"Ooh, really?" You ask, tilting your head up curiously.

"Yeah, but it's a surprise."

"Okay, well as long as I'm with you, I don't care where we go." You yawn.

"Okay, THAT was lame."

-----

"I know you said that it was a surprise, but can you at least give me a hint about where we're going?" You ask, taking Sam's hand as you walk out the door of his house.

"Hmm, I don't think so." He smirks, turning to face you. "But I promise, you'll like."

"Okay." You mumble, still smiling.

"We need to stop for snacks first though."

"Chivalry isn't dead I see." You laugh as Sam runs ahead to open the car door.

"Haha, definitely not."

"So, Walmart for snacks?" You ask as Sam gets in the driver's seat next to you.

"Yeah, and then maybe we can hit up In-N-Out for dinner later before we come get your car and you have to leave me." Sam says, pretending to be really sad.

"Sounds good."

_____

After you and Sam left Walmart, the curiosity about where he was taking you really set in.

"You're not taking me to a cliff face to murder me are you?" You ask, jokingly.

"No," He laughs. "I promise, no part of this afternoon will result in murder of any kind."

"Okay,"

You and Sam had been super close for as long as you had known each other but all of a sudden, the idea of holding his hand gave you butterflies. Not in a bad way, but you were now so much more concerned that he would think it was weird which would certainly hurt your feelings. So instead, you would just occasionally peer down at his hand, resting on the gear lever hoping that he would make the first move.

"You know, we've been driving for half an hour and I've been waiting for you to hold my hand?" He says suddenly in the midst of your conversation about glee club.

"Oh," You giggle. "Sorry, I just didn't want you to think I was weird."

"Baby," Sam says, quickly turning his head to look at you before focusing his eyes back on the road. "We have always been close, so I'm never going to think that you're weird. Especially not now. So please, just hold my hand."

"Okay." You smile, lacing your fingers with Sam's and squeezing his hand tightly.

"Where almost there." Sam says, clearly noticing that you were starting to get more and more confused about where your final destination was going to be. "I promise."

_____

"Wow, this place is beautiful. I can't believe I never knew this place was here." You smile as Sam parks his car. He had taken you across town to a hidden lookout with the best view of the city lights.

"I'm glad you like it. I've wanted to take you here for a while."

"A while?" You ask, raising an eyebrow, before removing your seatbelt and reclining the seat.

"Yeah," Sam says, doing the same thing and turning to face you. "It was, uh, actually where I planned to take you to ask you out."

"Aw, Sammy, that's so cute."

"Yeah, I was going to eventually," He blushes, looking down. "I just hadn't thought of the right thing to say."

"It wouldn't have mattered about what you said. I would have said yes no matter what."

"Well," Sam says, after a few moments of silence. "I was thinking that even though we already know about how each of us feels, this place could still be special."

"Of course. This is technically our first date right?"

"Yeah." Sam whispers looking at you longingly. "And I thought that this might also get to be the place where we.."

"Where we what?" you smirk, knowing exactly what the answer is.

As Sam slowly leans in, you do too, and eventually your lips meet. Eventually the two of you pull away and retreat back into your seats.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." You whisper, without even meaning too.

Sam grins as you hide your face with embarrassment.

"(Y/N), I've wanted to do that since the moment that I met you. I'm so happy that I finally get to be honest with you about how I feel about you."

"Aw." You mumble, as Sam puts his hand on your cheek.

"And next year, I am taking you to prom." He says before leaning in and kissing you passionately again.

__________

Hey guys,

I hope you're well! I didn't get to write as much as I would have like this weekend, but I'll probably start something else tonight and then get a few things up tomorrow.

I wanna know, who is your favourite main character and supporting character?

My favourite main character is either Sam or Quinn, and my favourite supporting character is definitely Sebastian (if you couldn't tell).

Much Love,

Will x