Shy // N. Puckerman

I watch from across the room – at how he carries himself – so cool and confident. I almost envy it for a second, but that feeling is overwhelmed by a more than slight attraction. I sit in the choir room, struggling to say a word, because I can only talk to one person in this room – well comfortably – and that's him. I know everyone is super nice and I would never ignore them if they spoke to me first, but the thought of starting a conversation makes me feel ill. Eventually he comes over and sits next to me, resting his hand on my knee, which nearly makes me jump. He's my best friend, and that's all he'll ever be – I know, but I can't help but almost die inside when he touches me, because I crave it all the time. He understands me better than any of our friends.

"What are you going to print on your shirt?" He asks both you and Mike who is sitting next to you.

"That's easy," Mike says. "I have to get 'can't sing'."

Puck laughs and the conversation turns to you but you freeze. Puck immediately knows the turn it to him.

"I'm getting 'I'm with stupid'." He says, super proud of himself.

"Isn't that what Brittany is getting?" Mike asks, confused,

"Yeah," Puck nods, "But I'm going to have the arrow pointing the other way."

Mike laughs and you sit there and chuckle softly. It hurts you a little that Puck finds his history so funny. He'll never settle down with anyone – especially not you.

Once glee rehearsal is over you get right out of your seat and rush out the door before Puck has a chance to follow you. However, he quickly tracks you down, sitting in your car, unable to drive away. He knocks on the window, and you unlock the car. He opens the door and gets in, closing the door behind him.

"What was that about?" He asks.

You notice a lump in your throat. "I-I don't know what you're talking about." You say, shrugging your shoulders and pretending to look confused.

"(Y/N), you practically sprinted out of that rehearsal." He sighs. "And it's not like you were in a rush to get anywhere, otherwise you wouldn't still be here."

"It's nothing." You whisper.

"Look, I know something is going on, but I don't want to force you to talk about it." He sighs.

"Thanks." You say, forcing a smile, but kind of wishing that he had pried a little more.

"How about we go for a drive?" He asks. "I'm pretty sure Mike left because he had to take Tina somewhere, and he was my ride."

"Okay," You chuckle, starting the car.

"Was it about what I put on my shirt?" Puck asks as you pull up to a red light. "Because that's when I sensed that something was up. Like, your brain kind of drifted and you weren't really listening anymore."

"N-No," You stutter, knowing that you just gave it away.

"Is it about what you put on your shirt?" He asks, sensing that you're more upset than he first thought.

"N0." You say more clearly.

"Come on (Y/N)," He says. "Talk to me. Please."

You pull the car over so that the tears that were rapidly welling couldn't become a safety hazard.

"It's just that we are so different, and it hurts me sometime because-" You pause – you've said too much already.

"Why?" He asks, sounding serious. "I would never want to hurt you (Y/N), please just tell me what it is."

You take a deep breath because you know that it's all about to come out. All of the things you had left unsaid were about to be aired.

"Puck, all the girls, it hurts me that you find it so funny. But not because I want to control you, but because I just wish that you didn't feel like you need them, and that just one girl would be enough for you... that I would be enough for you."

You look away, as the thought of him seeing you 'ugly cry' sends chills up your spine. "I just know I'm not your type."

"What makes you say that." Puck says, and you can't tell what he's feeling.

"Y-Your so calm and confident, and I'm just-" You pause and pull the printed white t-shirt from your backseat.

"Shy." Puck says, reading the print.

He throws the shirt back onto the seat behind him, before taking his thumb and wiping away a tear from your face.

"(Y/N), the fact that your shy is one of my favourite things about you. It grounds you, and you're not obnoxious like Rachel or Santana, and you really listen to me. You always seem to know what's going on inside my head. I love that about you."

You take a deep breath and turn your head to face him.

He places his index finger under your chin, "I love you."

______

Hey guys!

This was my take on a request I got via DM! Please feel free to message through any requests. I've finished my studies for the year so I really hope to write more.

I'm also thinking I might right a few holiday themed one-shots as Christmas approaches!

Much love xx