// PROM NIGHT // Sam Evans

Your junior prom was meant to be the best night of your life so far. You and the rest of the glee kids were performing, and you were hoping to dance the entire night away with your friends, but when Sam didn't show, you felt very disappointed. He was your best friend, and you were hoping that tonight was going to be the night that you finally told him how you truly felt about him; that you were in love with him.

As you sat down at the table to rest after some crazy dancing your phone buzzed – sorry I didn't come tonight, just couldn't afford it and didn't want to put stress on anyone :/

You smiled as you saw his name, but you still felt disappointed. All good, missing my bestie though.

I'm sorrrryyyy, I'm you look amazing though – maybe you should come by later so I can still see how gorgeous you look?

Your cheeks flushed bright red and got hot as you read his message, and you were so glad that he couldn't see you.

11:30? Haha you write back, not sure whether he's serious or not.

Sounds good

Wait? Was he actually being serious?

I'm being serious btw He texts, answering your question.

As the prom ended, you were so nervous about going to see Sam, even though you see him all the time. There was just something about going to his place dressed so nicely that just made you feel so weird. What if he didn't like it?

"Are you coming with us to Puck's afterparty?" Rachel asks, as you guys get out to the parking lot.

"Um nah, I'm going to go see Sam actually."

"Ooh," Rachel says, still laughing at something Jessie said. "Are you gonna tell him?"

Without even realising you begin to smile, "Um, if there's a moment that feels right maybe I will. I'm not sure though."

"Well good luck." Rachel says as you get to your car. "Say hi for us."

I'm here you message Sam as you approach his house, too afraid to ring the doorbell.

"Wow you look..." Sam says, walking towards you. "amazing."

"Aw," You smile, trying not to let it look like you're blushing. "Thank you."

"Would you wanna come in for a bit?" Sam asks, raising an eyebrow. "Unless you need to be somewhere else. I know that they usually throw wild prom afterparties."

"I'd like that." You say, "those parties aren't my thing but I'm not quite ready for this night to end."

Sam leads you inside and into the kitchen. "Are you hungry?" He asks. "Thirsty?"

"Um, I would love a glass of water if that's okay." You say, politely.

"Hey, I can get you a jacket if you're cold." He says noticing your shivering, but you refuse, knowing that wearing his jacket may just add too much to your fantasy.

"Let's go out the back, I'll put some music on."

Hours pass before you even look at the time, and next thing you know you it's 2:30 in the morning.

"Wow, it is late." You say, yawning. "I should definitely go home."

"Y-You could crash here. You seem tired."

You got to say that you're fine to drive but you yawn more intensely.

"Okay."

An hour later, you find yourself on a blow-up mattress on Sam's bedroom floor, uncomfortable and unable to sleep. You wanted to get up and crawl into his bed next to him, but again, you didn't want to complicate your feelings, especially since they were unreciprocated as far as you knew.

"(Y/N)." You heard Sam whisper, as you rolled over, loudly, for the fourth time.

"Yeah?" You whisper, unsure that you actually heard him.

"Are you awake?" He asks.

"No, I'm just really good at sleep talking." You giggle, surprised that you thought of that so quickly.

"Can we talk?"

Your heartbeat began to quicken, and it felt almost as though your breathing was becoming shallow. "Um yeah."

"Thank you for tonight. I really appreciate that you came, because I didn't really want to miss out on such a fun night and I'm grateful that just because I had to miss prom, I didn't have to miss you."

"Aw that's sweet." You say, sitting up.

As you sit up, Sam does too. "And (Y/N), I really like you."

Oh my God, was he being serious? Surely not?

"Like – properly like like you." He says.

"Y-You don't mean that Sam,"

"No, (Y/N), I do mean it. I like you so much, but I wasn't sure whether or not to tell you, but I realised tonight that I don't want to lose any chance I could have with you."

You open your mouth to speak but nothing comes out, and when you don't reply Sam turns on the lamp to try and understand your reaction.

"L-Look (Y/N), if you don't feel the same-"

"No, Sam, I do feel the same – and I have for such a long time."

"Well, what do you say? Can we give us a go?"

"Yeah Sam, I would like that."

You both smirk at each other, just taking in what just happened.

"Uh, Imma go to sleep now." You say laying back down on the uncomfortable mattress.

"You know, you don't have to sleep on that thing. My bed is big enough for the two of us."

You shot up quicker than you ever have before, to crawl in bed next to Sam.

"Thank you."

"Best. Prom. Night. Ever."

__________

This didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, but I thought I'd just put it up anyway. Lowkey feeling like a wet sock inside a shoe today.

Much Love,

Will xo