Chapter 12

"Lord Seungho! Have mercy on me! Argh!" The male servant shouted until his last breath when the cruel Young Master Seungho was in a sour mood when he found out that some of the sack of rice grain from the storage room was stolen so the in charge of it was accused of stealing by some servants so, out of anger, Yoon Seungho grabbed his sword and slashed mercilessly the man's throat in front of the servants including the paled Ae Shin in the mid afternoon. The household servants were gathered to witness this brutal execution by their cruel master who was rumored not only promiscous but as well having a very severe mood swings and having a violent character that most of the civilians outside fears the most.

Yoon Seungho won't hesitate to raise his blade on someone or something he dislikes.

Meanwhile, Ae Shin's legs trembled at the sight of pool of blood on that poor man's body. She looked at Seungho with mixed emotions and her petite body shivers when the stain of blood on his face visible in her frightened hazel eyes, "He's a crazy person. There's no way he would just kill a servant without any further evidence." She thought logically.

The young nobleman looked at the crowded servants including Ae Shin, "This is a warning to all of you! If any of you caught red handed on steal something that belongs to this mansion, then, your lives will be at cost and I will kill anyone who dares to insult and defy me." He said in an icy tone as he wipe out the human blood on his blade as if nothings happen. The two male servants initially drag the dead male corpse on the mattress and Servant Kim instructed to bury the corpse on the mass grave site.

Then, the servants retreated back to their station but Seungho suddenly reverted his attention to the young woman, "Serve me tea." He told Ae Shin as he proceed to go back to his room while Ae Shin nervously follows the man but halted, "Then, I shall prepare tea for you, my lord in the kitchen. I'll be right back." She said in an assuring tone but deep inside, she was screaming to leave his presence. The young woman ran to the corridor and then to the kitchen quarters with a fearful look on her face and the servants looked at her in a puzzled look, "What brings you here, Ae Shin. I thought that you are with the young master." The head servant who was in charge of the kitchen stared at her while slicing pork belly for lunch.

The young woman sighed, "Lord Seungho wants me to bring him tea." She answered while grabbing some fresh tea leaves and small kettle and a small tea cup and put it on the small tray. The older ahjumma looked at Ae Shin in a motherly way, "Be careful on serving him, Ae Shin. He has a violent temper so you have to be very cautious on making contact with him. You witness how he recklessly killed that servant who was been serving this family for generations. Such a pity." The ahjumma said with a sympathized look.

After hearing that sort of information, Ae Shin gasped, "You mean to say, that servant that was killed by the Young Master is innocent?" She assumed at the possibility.

"That's right. Baek had been serving this family way before we arrive here so there's someone tried to frame him up and letting him getting killed by the Young Master. Aigoo...that's why, I told him that he should leave this household as soon as possible but he didn't listened becuase he had a huge debt to be paid to the former lord." The elder servant who was working in a water storage said in a sad tone.

"The former lord, you mean, Lord Seungho's father?" Ae Shin asked the older servants but they didn't replied back because they don't want to cause any scene that would cost them their lives.

After that intense conversation in the kitchen, Ae Shin arrives with a tray of tea and small dessert. She cleared her throat while approaching the Young Master who was in the living room reading scrolls lazily until his attention drifted on the beautiful young woman who was serving him his afternoon snack. She was like a gentle fairy when she pours him a cup of tea and he finds it nostalgic.