Chapter 34

Warning: Tragedy

Seungho gently open the parchment and his curious orange eyes reads the content of the letter belong to that woman.

Dear my lord

It has been a long time since I have wrote you this letter for the first time my lord but right now, my days are numbered and  I will meet my end tonight. You are right. The life in the palace is nothing but hell to me as I wasn't happy with my current life as the King's concubine as I struggling myself to survive in order to protect our daughter, Na-bi.

That's right. We have a daughter. She is beautiful isn't she? Her name is Na-bi whom I saved after I sell out my own family to the current King; the Crown Prince himself. I bet my own pride and my own life just for our innocent daughter to live and I don't regret that.

I have to confessed; I don't want to become my family's puppet anymore or anyone else that's why, I left my home because I was getting sick and tired of it but when I meet you, my lord. There is something in me that is finally been free because I was suffocating. When I'm with you, my lord. I've become free. When you hold me in your arms was the sign of it. I was attracted to you but I can sense that you are bridging a wall between us as if you don't want me to dug deeper.

That day. I hurt you and I regretted that. But my brother will kill you if I stay with you that's why, I choose my family's ambition over my lord. I realized as I looked at our newborn daughter that I have become a coward from the start; afraid of everything that's why, I keep running away from my responsibilities that ended losing the people I cared about. My life right now in the palace is filled with pressure, sadness and fear. I don't know when I'm going to be assassinated next time but I've prepared everything including our daughter, Na-bi's safety.

I know that this is sounds selfish but please, take care of our daughter in my stead. I know that my lord is not capable of raising children but I hope that you would do your best as a father as Na-bi is your blood-related daughter and please, don't abandoned her. She's been through a lot of pain and fear inside the palace and I don't want that to happen to her again.

I won't ask for your forgiveness but cooperation for Na-bi's future. Please love her and provide her with security. She's a bright child and you don't have to worry about raising her as Choi hee, my former nanny, will help you.

To be honest, I wanted to see you, my lord one last time but it's too late. I'm now bound at the hands of the current King and I cannot escape from him. I can only wish that you will live happily.

I love you.

Ae Shin.

A leak of tear dropped from Seungho's eyes. So, Ae Shin protected him, all this time? For five years, she's been gone through hell in the palace all by herself without no one to protect her.?

He slammed his fist on the wall "Dammit! Dammit all to hell" He growled. "Why? Why isn't she telling me everything that she was suffering inside, that selfish woman!" He growled and throw everything around his bedchamber including portraits, ceramic artifacts and other objects. His eyes widen as Seungho take a deep breath, memories about Ae Shin was recalling on his mind; his first meeting with her, their first kiss, he was first taking her virginity and their constant making love.

He miss her.

He terribly misses her.

"Ae Shin!" He yelled at her name for the first time in five years. Some servants outside were trying to ask him what is going on but Seungho refuses to answer inside on his disheveled bedroom but then he snapped out and, he then, immediately went to find the child's nanny and Seungho was on a deep breath when depressed nobleman saw the nanny playing with his biological daughter.