Chapter 4

While I was walking carrying my bag with necessities against my chest. I observed the villagers in their daily life on the streets and it was perfectly normal but the gap between the rich and the poor is still not the same: a child cries for his heartless mother not to abandon him while the said child is taking away by slave traders.

It was painful to watch but I don't have to idle around here because I'm going to meet my new master and I was very nervous because the faces of the servants in Master Jiwha's mansion were all paled when I told them that I will be serving as Master Yoon's servant.

They were very worried about me and I understand that but what could be the harm on becoming Master Yoon's servant anyway?

I asked a four group of older ahjusshis playing checker on which way is the location of Master Yoon's mansion and they were looking at me in an incredulous look, "Young lady, we didn't mean to intrude on your business but that young master over there whom you will reside is a dangerous man so you should be very careful. Are you perhaps working for him as a maid?" One of the ahjusshis asked me in a fatherly way.

I immediately replied, "Yes., I'll be working there as a servant. Thank you for your concern, ahjusshi." I smiled at them and they explain to me kindly in the direction and I thank them and went straight ahead but I didn't notice their pitiable expressions towards me.

——————————————

I'm now in a huge wooden gate and the sign says 'Yoon Residence'. Then, I knocked twice and after a few minutes, the right gate opened and it was an older man with a beard and he seems very worn out, "You must be the new servant that Master Yoon acquires from Master Jiwha." He said in a calm but weak tone and it worries me about this ahjusshi's condition.

"Yes, my name is Ae Shin. Please to meet you, ahjusshi." I said in a bright tone while I bowed before him politely.

He leads me inside the mansion, "This way, miss. We have been expecting your arrival but you have to make an audience with the young master first before you will start with your duties." The ahjusshi guided me to a wide room that was filled with beautifully painted portraits made in black ink and some scrolls on the other side.

I sat promptly on the wooden floor while waiting for my new master for his arrival and then, the sliding door opens from behind and it is none other than the eldest son of the Yoon Household and the current owner of the mansion. I was stunned at his mysterious but intimidating appearance as he was looking very manly but there's some hint of dangerous aura around him that I couldn't possibly sure.

He smirked at me while he sat on the floor behind the flat wooden table, "I heard from Jiwha that you are the one who delivers in his house with those delicious oranges before you become his servant. Am I right?" His orange-red eyes were filled with eagerness and he was anticipating that I will confirm his statement.

I nod, "Yes, I was once working as a fruit picker at the Ahn Household before Master Jiwha. Sir." I explained while trying to hold back my nervousness in front of the handsome nobleman.

"Hoo...Is that so?" His alluring voice was filled with amusement, "Tell me, girl, What is your name?" He asked my name once again and I was interrupted by Master Jiwha before when Master Yoon was asking my name that only I had the right to own as I had erased my prestigious last name.

I cleared my throat, "My name is Ae Shin...Sir." I replied and he didn't say a word and I look at his unreadable expression, I was wondering to myself why Master Yoon chose me out of all the servants on Master Jiwha's wing and the words from my former master echoes on my thoughts as to why I was chosen by Master Yoon.

Come to think of it, what does the relationship between Master Jiwha and Master Yoon to the point that the other villagers find them disgusting and been ridiculed behind their back.