Chapter 2

I opened my coal eyes and I stared at the wooden ceiling. "Where am I?" I asked myself but the blurry memories that I had yesterday after I escaped my death sentence at the hands of the cruel Madam from Ahn Household and I was saved by a strange nobleman whom I'm very utmost thankful for saving my life.

I slowly get up from the floor mattress and I winced in pain at my wounded hip, I'm not still healed after been spanking by a hardwood that almost breaks my bones at the pain. Hot tears leak down on my cheeks, I nearly died at that horrible punishment and it's that female servant's fault that she was ended in pain now.

I looked around the room, it was clean and spacious and there are only a few items that were placed near the wall and I startled when the paper sliding opened revealed the young nobleman who saved me from the brink of death.

He seems not too handsome that I first thought he was and he was very tall and well-build and probably in his late twenties and he was wearing a yellow hanbok and his brown-red hair fell to his mid-length neck.

This man was staring at me as if it's the first time that he had saw my real face, I was always dirty and hadn't taken any bathe for a long time as I had now become a slave.

He looked down at me, "You look pretty after all. It contradicts my last impression of you." He said out loud and I find it insulting.

Does he think that I'm ugly?

The manservant introduces this nobleman, "This is Master Jiwha. So pay your respects and appreciation for him, slave." He commanded me harshly and I frown, does this ahjusshi as well a slave just like me?

I realized that this is the person is my savior and I had to give him my warm appreciation despite that he had insulted me at our first meeting.

I prostrated before him just like any other slaves towards a noble, "Thank you for saving me, Sir. I owe you my life and service." I said in a humble tone and it's the right thing. I'm a slave and I should be serving my benefactor until he no longer wants me.

He glanced at his manservant behind him, "Check if this girl has a slave brand just like the rest." he ordered the timid manservant. I shuddered when he inappropriately tries to take off my hanbok but I tried to suppress my humiliation when the manservant saw my slave brand on my right shoulder blade. I remembered the horrific moment when those cruel and sadistic slave traders branded me with a mark despite I insist that I'm a daughter of a nobleman from the capital.

The manservant looked up at the nobleman, "She's a slave, Master Jiwha. and a new one at that" He replied.

This man called Master Jiwha smirked down at me as if he belittles my existence, typical nobles.

"How pitiable. But it's a shame that you are born as a slave for such a pretty young lady. If you are not working in Lord Ahn's mansion, then, you might as well become a kisaeng." He chuckles as he kneeled before me and grabbed my face with his left large hand as he tries to force me to look at him and I glared at him for telling me that I'd rather be a courtesan because of my beauty.

Like I live my life serving a bunch of drunkard old geezers, especially arrogant ones.

"Although I wanted you to work for me I guess, I had other plans for your pathetic remaining life." he throws my face harshly and this nobleman gets up, "If you are now well. You can temporarily remain here at my place until I decided what I'm about to do with you." Master Jiwha said in a cold tone as if he was disgusted by me being a slave.

After that rude nobleman and his manservant left the room, I couldn't help but be offended but I try to swallow my damn pride because that person saved my life and treated my wounds. I laid back on the floor mattress and return to my sleep.