Chapter 15

The busy streets of the market is making Ae Shin woke up from her slumber.

The young woman get up as she gripped tightly the cloth bag around her chest as she was sleeping in the hay storage room last night thanks to the old couple who compassionately allow her to spend a night. She rubbed her eyes gently, "I managed to sleep comfortably." Ae Shin mumbled herself and went to the nearby well to fetch some water for her to cleanse her face and neck then, she'll find her former handmaiden somewhere in a nearby Kisaeng House.

As she rinse her face with cold water, she thought about Lord Seungho and decided that she'll forget him. She's been reluctantly slept with him for a long time and she didn't planned on spending her life with him. The young woman frowned while remembering the sadistic look of that fallen nobleman who was merciless in bed and he didn't even let her rest for a little bit. "I will no longer go back to that horrible place filled with filthy people." She vowed with a hint of disgust as she remembered the stories of the group of old ladies in the Servant Quarters that Lord Seungho is still inviting noblemen until night and the distinctive noises outside the Master's bedchamber was disturbing the most people, particularly the servants and Ae Shin realizes that despite of her keep sleeping with Lord Seungho, the sadistic nobleman is still keep seeing men and indulged lusts with others and Ae Shin had concluded that she was just a mere toy for him to discard whenever he wanted to.

"Oh! You're awake, miss." The kind old lady wearing a plain hanbok  carrying with a fresh steam buns on the tray smiled at Ae Shin.

Ae Shin greeted the old lady, "Good morning, Ahjumma. Thank you for allowing me to spend a night here in your place. I hope that you wouldn't bother that I will pay you some of my." She grabbed something on her cloth bag but the old lady stopped her, "No! You don't do that child. It's at least I could do for your help yesterday that my husband felt really ill that you're able to help us sell some root crops and to that, I should thank you enough." The old lady said in a kind tone and Ae Shin felt really touched by this old woman's kindness to her, a stranger.

She grinned, "It's nothing. Because of you, that I'll be able to locate a friend of mine who was working in the Kisaeng House nearby. You told me that you have a granddaughter who was working a kisaeng right?" Ae Shin said in a curious tone. The old woman nod, "That's right. My precious granddaughter was working there. Her name is Sohwa. You should look for her there and she might helped you looking for your friend." The old woman said while taking care of the chicken hens on her feet.

Ae Shin bid goodbye to the kind old couple and proceed to the destined location, the kisaeng house were filled with graceful and talented young ladies and they were being swooned over by noblemen who were reeked with alcohol and it is their duty to fulfill every noblemen's desires by accompanying them.

The young woman sighed and she realized that it was farther than she thought but it is the only way she can to make contact with Naki.

"Naki, I hope that you're in there. Please be well." She thought with a worried tone as she finally arrived from her location.

The Kisaeng House was surprisingly big that she had expected and there are a lot of beautiful ladies wearing colorful hanboks, heavy headgears and make up that will added to their gorgeous face. Ae Shin was standing there...speechless at what she had witness.

Then, a male old servant happens to witness her appearance and frowns, "You lowly wench! What are you doing here in this place, huh?!" He shouted while gripping the broomstick on his right hand. Ae Shin was surprised at the old man's yelling voice and she glares at him, "I didn't mean to intrude but did a woman named Sohwa worked here as a kisaeng?" She asked the old man who give her a dirty look.