Chapter 3

Master Jiwha's guest is still around till dinner and me, the youngest of all the servants was summoned to serve them in which I obey as I gracefully pour their empty small cup with a ceramic wine that was expensive according to the Head Servant.

I glanced at my coal eyes as the Master is already drunk but he keeps on blabbering incoherent words in front of his friend while the male guest just calmly sips his wine but his attention was directed to me again but he didn't say a word.

"What is your name, child?" I froze when I heard his smooth tone and my body shivers at it. He wants to know my name but it's forbidden to a servant to be casual to a nobleman. I disrespectfully stare at his handsome face. He was the infamous Yoon Seungho from the rumors and I can tell from the look on his intense gaze that he was a dangerous person. Seungho was delighted when I look at him that earns jealousy from Master Jiwha.

"I..." I wanted to tell him my name but my Master prevented me from doing it when he grabbed my long braided hair, "You...little insect! I forbid you on talking to Master Yoon and leave this Pavillion immediately!" He scolded at me harshly while he approached the Head Servant from behind to bring an older female one to serve them wine rather than me because the Master is probably drunk and irritated that his favorite guest was diverting his attention to someone else.

I ran to the kitchen quarters and the other slaves were looking at me in a puzzled tone, "Did you upset the young master, huh?" An ahjumma said in a sarcastic tone while slicing sweet potatoes on the wooden table but I know that she'd just only directing it on our eccentric Master.

I replied while dusting off my light green chima, "Yes, ahjumma...he seems really angry that I look at the guest in the eye." I told them and they were really worried about my well-being and safety.

"You did what? Stupid Brat. Why did you do that? Master Jiwha was very possessive to Master Yoon. He will surely punish you for your insolence. Aigoo...I pray that the Master will change his mind and have pity on you." The Ahjusshi who works as one of the errand manservant of the Master said in a sympathetic tone.

I clenched my fists as I'll brace for my punishment later on.

I've already experienced getting beaten by my employers so Master Jiwha is no different from them. They will abuse those who are lowborn or beneath their status to show their power and authority and I have accepted my fate on being treated so horribly by these horrible people (aristocrats).

-----------------------------------------

I was summoned later on and this time, it was the Head Servant.

He was a strict one but he was respected by the servants because of how diligent he was at work.

I looked around the empty Pavilion and it's around midnight, "Where is Master Jiwha?" I asked the Head Servant but it seems that he refused to answer my question, "Be quiet. Child. I summoned you here because I was ordered by the young master that you needed to be punished for your mistake with his dinner with Master Yoon." His words were cold and I was nervous about what kind of punishment would it be.

He was holding a long stick and I realized what kind of punishment it is. I lifted my light green chima to expose my calves and I braced myself to be stricken many times as I bit my lip from the pain of being punished like this rather from that time that I nearly died at the hands of my cruel masters.

After my the Head Servant was done on my punishment, I immediately went back to the female servant room and the ahjummas immediately helped me with my wounds and they were surprised that I endured the pain as if that I've already got used to it.

Then, I laid in my bed and closed my eyes to sleep.

-------------------------------------------