Chapter 33

"The Young Miss is having a fever, my lord." The elder physician said to the grim looking nobleman as he looked at his sick daughter with worry lying on her bed on her bedchamber surrounded by people who were worried about her health condition. Despite being cruel to his own child, Lord Park couldn't help but to be worried about Ae Shin's wellbeing. He might be greedy and ambitious but towards his children, he will do anything for them as long as they were live comfortably.

That's why, he wanted Ae Shin to become the Crown Princess immediately.

Ae Shin's mother wept as she stroke her daughter's hand, "Will my daughter be alright? She didn't tell us that she's sick after we scolded her earlier. Oh! What have I done to my precious daughter." She sobbed while being consoled by his loyal handmaidens.

The physician sighed, "The Young Miss needs a rest and she'll be recover. I'll prepare some medicine for her headache and lower her feverP." he told Ae Shin's parents. They were in silence. It seems that the death of that female servant was made Ae Shin ill but it doesn't matter to them. "I have sent a letter to His Majesty that Ae Shin is not feeling well. So, they probably arranged a schedule to her official visit in the palace." Lord Park told his anxious wife who was looking at Ae Shin's sleeping form with deep worry.

"Don't you think it would affect her chance to become the Crown Princess candidate?" Ae Shin's mother looked at her elder husband with a worried look.

He sighed, "I don't think so. His Majesty was too generous for us." Lord Park said with confidencd and  smirked of his triumphant that he gain the King's favor but his only obstacle was the Crown Prince himself.

The Crown Prince was clearly not fond of him.

"When she came back, I was incredibly surprise of how she get so thin and worn out but I ended up slapping her because our daughter has been too rebellious and stubborn to the point that some noble ladies were questioning my parenting skills." Ae Shin's mother said in an anxious tone.

"Don't say such things and focus on taking care of our daughter. Once she recovers, she will be proceed to the palace as plan." Lord Park said in a cold tone while glancing at his sleeping daughter.

*********************************

Ae Shin woke up and finds herself on her bedchamber and she saw her weeping mother beside her, "Darling, are you alright?" Her mother instantly hugged her and Ae Shin was slightly surprise at this, "What is going on, mother?" She asked the middle aged woman.

Her mother replied, "You're having a fever, Ae Shin that's why, your father postponed your official visit to the palace. Ae Shin, why didn't you tell me that you're not feeling well. I..." she was feeling guilty of yelling at her daughter earlier with her husband. She failed as Ae Shin's mother.

"I had a fever?" Ae Shin mused to herself. She placed her hand on her forehead and realizes that her mother was right. Ae Shin looked at her mother, "Am I still going to the palace after I get well, mother?" She asked her mother with a hoarse tone. Her throat was dry for some reason.

Her mother nodded, "It was your father's decision. I'm sorry, Ae Shin. I treated you horribly after you have returned for almost one and a half year. Everything had become a mess after you have left." She sobbed.

When Ae Shin heard this, she decided not to say anything that would hurt her mother's feelings and just focus herself to get well. Just then, the physician came with a medicine on his hand and Ae Shin obliged to consume her medicine and the next morning, she's still not feeling well and Ae Shin continues to vomit miserably while being tended by the female servants and she don't have any appetite to eat that concerns her parents deeply.