Chapter 1

Namjoon sighed as he waited for the elevator to reach their floor. It's been a long day of reviewing documents and client meetings. He's still fairly new to the firm, having just passed the bar a few months ago so his role as a junior associate for now is to do thorough research and draft documents that will help the senior lawyers in their cases. It's exhausting and a lot of work but he knows that he has to pay his dues if he wants to become a senior partner one day. It sucks but such is life.

The alpha frowned upon setting foot inside the apartment that he shares with his boyfriend, Taehyung. He can smell the distressed scent of his omega and he can actually hear banging in the kitchen. Tae is cooking? They're both disasters in the kitchen!

"Tae, baby? What's wrong?", Namjoon asked as he entered the kitchen and saw Taehyung aggressively stirring what seems like stew. The omega turned and pointed a ladle at him.

"I hate your best friend!", the younger declared before shifting his attention back to what he's cooking. The alpha is so confused.

"Yoongi hyung? Why? What did he do to you?", Namjoon asked, his scent spiking at the thought of his friend hurting his boyfriend. He carefully approached the omega and peeked at the pot. The omega is making kimchi jjigae and it surprisingly looks edible and smells nice.

"He's too strict with Jimin! He has so many rules. Now Jiminie can't even go out without permission from Yoongi hyung. And most of the time he says no. If Jimin can't go then I don't want to go. Therefore, Yoongi hyung is killing my social life.", the younger explained as he continued to cook. He scooped a little and held it to his boyfriend. "Here, taste it."

"Hmmm, tastes nice. But I want more gochugaru in my share, please.", Namjoon answered, knowing the other doesn't like spicy food.

"Thank you. I worked hard for this. Please set the table while I transfer our food into bowls."

The couple got to work immediately. Once everything was set, they sat down and started eating. After a few bites, Namjoon started the conversation again.

"Babe, you know I don't have any say when it comes to Yoongi's and Jimin's relationship. Jimin consented and agreed to their rules. There's nothing I can do. We have to respect them.", the lawyer explained.

"But hyung... It's too much! Did you know that Jimin     haven't been to any frat parties since last month? It's our final year. We should be enjoying ourselves.", the omega pouted. He and his best friend love to party. They love dressing up, wearing makeup and dancing. They're also partners in crime. Wherever one goes, the other follows. But ever since Jimin agreed to Yoongi's conditions, they haven't had any fun. The other Alpha expects his omega to be at home all the time studying. They can't even shop together anymore because Yoongi likes to inspect each and every piece of clothing that Jimin tries on. It's so frustrating!

Namjoon tried his best to release calming pheromones because he can sense that his omega is really upset if the way he's aggressively shoving food into his mouth is any indication. It worked because Taehyung visibly relaxed and slowed down much to the alpha's relief. He was afraid the younger would choke on his food.

"Alright, how about I try to talk to hyung and see if he's willing to ease up a bit. Will that make you feel better? But no promises, though!"

Taehyung grinned.

"Thank you, alpha! I'm so glad that I'm in a relationship with you and not Yoongi hyung!", Taehyung shuddered at the thought while Namjoon chuckled.

The couple met two years ago through Yoongi when Namjoon was in his last year of law school. He and Yoongi went to the same undergrad school and became fast friends. Meanwhile, Yoongi and Jimin met at a business convention where the latter's school organization had a food cart set up as part of their fundraising project. Jimin messed up his order but the alpha was easily smitten by the omega's beauty that he ended up asking him out. Jimin and Taehyung are a package deal, claiming Yoongi needs Tae's approval before Jimin says yes to him. Desperate to "get rid" of the other omega who's always third-wheeling their dates, the CPA paid then law student Namjoon to join them in one of their outings. It was love at first sight for the two and Yoongi thankfully didn't have to bribe Namjoon again.

"I don't think you'd survive, babe. You'd probably be over Yoongi hyung's knees everyday.", Namjoon teased.

"And that is why I'm so lucky to have you, hyung.", Tae replied, batting his eyelashes and smiling sweetly at his alpha. His scent is also now sickeningly sweet as opposed to when Namjoon arrived. The alpha stopped eating and then stared at the omega with narrowed eyes.

"Okay, Tae. Spill it! What did you do?"

"It wasn't my fault!"

And as if on cue, the alpha's phone started ringing with Yoongi's caller ID glaring on the screen.