Chapter 48

"Hyung, why don't you own a car?", Taehyung asked Namjoon one time while they were having a dinner date in a fancy restaurant in Gangnam.

"It's just not practical to own one at the moment, Taebear.", the alpha simply answered as he continued to devour his steak.

"But why?", the omega continued to inquire, pouting when his boyfriend took his time to answer.

"Well...", Namjoon started as he put his utensils down to focus on his boyfriend who's currently playing with his food. "Cars are expensive and hard to maintain. There's gas, insurance, toll fees, maintenance check ups, parking expenses... Not to mention the Seoul traffic. It's not that hard to commute around the city so I don't need one. In fact, during rush hour it's better to just commute than drive if you don't want to get stuck in traffic for hours. Why the sudden interest in cars, babe?"

"I just thought it would be nice if one of us owns one. I get what you're saying but still there are moments when I wish we had one like when it's raining or tonight for example. I wanted to wear my Gucci loafers since we're eating in this fancy schmanzy restaurant but I decided not to because we couldn't book a taxi and had to commute. I didn't want to potentially ruin it in the subways.", Taehyung explained. Namjoon smiled apologetically and reached for the omega's hand.

"I'm sorry, baby. Next time I'll book ahead of time with the taxi company. Or maybe I can borrow Hobi hyung's car if he's not using it."

"Well, that's an option... or we can just buy our own car! Please, hyung? Please alpha, my handsome alpha?", the younger batted his eyelashes at the older, boxy smile in full display.

"I would if I could, Tae, but I don't have a budget for a car yet. Let me work something out, hm? When I get promoted I'll be entitled to a company car. Maybe we can just wait for that? Plus we have to check first with the building if there is an available parking slot that we can rent.", the lawyer answered as best as he can. He can see the omega getting more frustrated by the minute but he just couldn't afford a car right now even if he wanted to make his boyfriend happy.

"Fine. I'll just get straight to the point.", Taehyung sighed once he realized that Namjoon isn't going to budge. "Eomma and Mama asked me what I wanted for my graduation in February. They said I can ask for something big or expensive because it will also count as my Christmas and birthday gift. Since my grandparents already promised me a trip, I thought why not a car? I already asked and they said they would seriously consider it. However, I said I'll think about it more because I want to run it by you first. So, can I ask my parents to buy me a car? Please, hyungie?"

"Oh, baby... You don't have to ask me beforehand. It's your gift, you can ask your parents for anything you want. But thank you for taking me into consideration. If you really want a car, go ahead and ask for one but just check first with the building admin if there is an available parking slot that we can rent under our unit, okay? I would not recommend getting one only for it to be left outside on the streets overnight. The streets of Seoul are safe but you never know and the weather can damage your car if left out for too long.", Namjoon answered kindly. Taehyung beamed at him.

"Thank you so much, hyung! Can we go first thing tomorrow morning to talk to the admin officer?", the omega asked as he now began to eat his meal with gusto.

"Excited, babe?", Namjoon laughed. "But yes, we can do that. Now finish your food so that we can order dessert."

"Okidoki, hyung!"

***

"Oh wow, Tae, you got your car already. You look so cool driving it.", Jimin gushed as he admired his best friend's car in the University's parking lot.