Chapter 25

"Goodnight, my dears. Don't forget to come up for breakfast tomorrow.", Kim eomma said as she pinched Taehyung's cheeks, making her fellow omega giggle while Namjoon groaned at his parent's invitation. Breakfast with his parents is usually early. It's Sunday tomorrow. They should be allowed to sleep in especially after tonight since they just hosted a house warming party in their new apartment upon Namjoon's parent's insistence. The elderly Kim couple is the last to leave and is staying at Seokjin and Hoseok's apartment for the night.

"Eomma... why breakfast? Can't we just do brunch?", the alpha pouted, already tired from just the thought of waking up early the next day.

"Namjoon.", Kim appa started, a warning in his tone. "We have some errands to do around Seoul before we drive back home to Ilsan with your brother so we need to start early. Make sure to be at your hyung's place at 8:30 am."

"Don't worry, Abeoji, we'll be there bright and early!", Taehyung enthusiastically informed the elderly alpha who beamed at him. Truly, no one can resist the omega's charms.

"Thank you, Taehyung-ah. See you again tomorrow. Make sure to double lock your door and secure your windows... Are you listening, Namjoon?", the man asked his son, who seemed to zone out the current conversation, sternly. The lawyer quickly nodded and assured his father that he'll take care of it. Satisfied with their son's answer, the elderly Kim couple proceeded to leave. Once they were gone, Namjoon started to pick up around their house and instructed Taehyung to do the same.

"Hyung... I'm tired. Can we finish cleaning up tomorrow? Let's just go to sleep already.", Taehyung whined as he plopped face down on their new sofa. The omega's parents came the week prior and treated them with new furniture despite Namjoon's protests, claiming they can just use their old furniture. However, the couple argued that since the alpha's parents paid for the downpayment of their new place, it is only fair that they pay for their new furniture. Taehyung quickly agreed and convinced Namjoon that their old ones does not go well with the color theme of the new apartment. This confused the alpha because their old apartment's walls were beige while their new one's are white and their furniture are all neutral colored. But whatever, he doesn't want to piss off his future in-laws so he swallowed his pride and thanked them sincerely. Taehyung is once again a happy omega after getting his way, as always. It's curious to note that even though both are the youngest in their respective families, Taehyung was coddled and spoiled while Namjoon had a strict upbringing; must be due to their subgenders.

"No, Taehyung. I don't want to invite mice and cockroaches.", the alpha urged his boyfriend to stand up but Taehyung wouldn't budge and even pretended to snore.

"Omega...", Namjoon warned but the younger tutted him after hearing him address him by his subgender.

"Don't 'omega' me, hyung or I'll tell Jin hyung you're bullying me.", Taehyung sassed.

Namjoon clicked his tongue. The omega is in full brat mode after being pampered by their families. He's glad that his own family approves their relationship and that both set seems to get along really well but this is the aftermath of spending time with them two weekends in a row: a spoiled, whiny omega.

The lawyer, patience running low, dropped the rag he's holding and stood in front of Taehyung.

"On second thought, go ahead and continue to lay down there. Your position is just perfect. Because it looks like someone needs a firm reminder on who's in charge and what happens when he disrespects me.", Namjoon declared as he made a move to unbuckle his belt. This made Taehyung's eyes go comically wide and made him sit up quickly.

"I was just kidding, alpha, hyung-nim, sir. Of course, I'll help with the cleaning. I'm super, duper, truper awake and not tired and sleepy at all. See? I'm alive, alert, awake, enthusiastic! Please no spanking!", Taehyung said as he stood up and went to the kitchen to retrieve their broom and dustpan.

"That's better.", Namjoon murmured as he picked up his discarded rag and started wiping the surface of their coffee table. Honestly, he had no intention of punishing Taehyung, at least not tonight. He does not want to go into trouble of explaining (lying) to his family why his boyfriend is squirming in his seat when they have breakfast together tomorrow so he's glad that Taehyung immediately got the message and obeyed.

Once they're done with their tasks, the couple took separate showers (no need to take turns, Taehyung is so happy!) and settled down to sleep.

"Ugh, my body is so sore! I don't think I'll be able to wake up early for breakfast tomorrow. I'm now regretting why I didn't back you up when you suggested to have brunch instead.", the younger complained as he stretched his muscles in an effort to ease the discomfort.

Namjoon chuckled as he gathered the omega in his arms.

"Now you understand my point. Show off!"

The omega refused to dignify that retort with an answer and just snuggled to the alpha and nosed the other's scent gland.

"Hmmmm... the apartment is starting to smell like us, hyung. It's perfect."

"I know, baby. It's becoming 'home' now.", Namjoon agreed and returned the scenting.

When they were satisfied with their combined scents, the young couple drifted off to sleep, purring even in their dreams.