Chapter 10

"TaeTae over here!", Jimin called out to his best friend. It's such a beautiful day, so Jimin and Jungkook decided to have their lunch outside. Luckily, the omega brought a huge scarf so they were able to use it as a makeshift picnic blanket.

"Hey, guys! What's going on? Why does JK look so constipated?", Taehyung asked as he plopped down on the spot beside Jimin. He nuzzled his nose on the other omega's cheek as a greeting. Jimin just giggled at the comment.

"It's not funny, hyung. I didn't sign up for this when I joined our org!", the beta frowned as he glared at his senior. Tae looked at Jimin helplessly.

"Care to explain, Minnie?"

"We're having our annual fundraising event and this year we're having a human auction. Guess who's the main event?", Jimin answered excitedly, finally shedding some light on the situation. Jungkook groaned.

"I can't believe I have no say in this! My mother did not give birth to a perfect human being just to be a slave for a day.", the beta grumbled.

"Ooooh. So, how does that work? That does sound like fun.", Taehyung grinned. Jimin is the president of their org, so obviously, Taehyung is going to support his soulmate all the way. 

"It is! So basically to kick off the event, we will have a fashion show to showcase our 'items'. Then those who want to bid may do so by filling out some forms. Everything will be done blindly, no one will know who's bidding for who. Only the winners will be revealed at the end of the night. Those who won are entitled to have their 'slave' for eight hours the next day. Of course there will be rules and lots of restrictions to avoid people from taking advantage of their 'slaves'. Everything will be consensual.", the older omega explained. 

"Interesting… but how is it consensual if Jungkook here looks like he was coerced?", Taehyung looked at the beta sporting the biggest frown on his face. He opened his lunch and began to crunch on his salad while waiting for the two to explain the situation further. 

"He agreed to it. He's just being a drama king.", the petite omega rolled his eyes while the beta pouted.

"I just don't want to end up with someone weird. Can't you just secretly buy me, Jimin hyung?", Jungkook asked desperately.

Jimin shook head.

"You know, I can't. But I heard Yugyeom is planning on bidding on you, as well as Hwasa. You're already a hit even before the event starts.", Jimin giggled. "Our org is going to make so much money! We'll be able to buy nice gifts for the kids this year."

The Business Management Society, the school organization Jimin is heading, supports a local orphanage, hence, the regular fund raising event. Last year they organized a fair, complete with a kissing booth and horror house. It was a hit among the students and university staff. The org was able to raise enough funds to take the kids on a field trip with a few left over to buy some clothes. This year, Jimin hopes to raise the same amount, if not more, so that they can provide school supplies to the kids.

"Wow, JK. Those are some of the coolest kids on campus. You should be excited.", Taehyung commented but Jungkook just pouted further.

"Yeah, I heard they both like me so they're taking advantage of the event to try and spend some time with me but they're both alphas."

"So?"

"I'm straight*, hyung."

"Oh, yeah… but don't worry too much about it. Who knows? You might end up with a new friend after. They may not even win you in the first place.", Taehyung pointed out. 

"Still… How about you, TaeTae hyung? Will you bid for me?", the beta tried.

"I definitely will but I can't guarantee I'll win, though.", the omega answered sadly and offered a comforting smile to their friend. 

"Maybe we can pool our money? I'll ask Yoongi hyung to contribute. He knows that this is for a good cause so I'm pretty sure he'll agree.", Jimin said brightly while finishing his own lunch. Unfortunately, the beta who usually has a huge appetite cannot even touch his food.

"Oooh. Great idea, Minnie! I'll also ask Namjoon hyung and our families. Maybe they can send me money, even just a small amount.", Taehyung offered, making the beta in the group relax.

"Thank you so much, hyungs. Minnie hyung is right, TaeTae hyung. I did agree to participate since it's for a good cause. But when I heard about all the alphas and male betas who wanted to bid on me, I got nervous. I doubt that they'll take advantage of me but I just don't want things to be awkward after.", Jungkook explained, now seemingly well enough to eat and started devouring his food.

"I understand, JK, no need to explain yourself. Don't worry about it. Just have fun and leave the bidding to me. Hopefully, I can collect enough funds to buy you.", Taehyung said encouragingly. The BMS always throws cool fundraising events. No doubt that this human auction will be one as well. Taehyung can't wait for the party!

*In this universe being straight means preferring to have sexual relations with someone you can have a child with naturally. So in Jungkook's case, he prefers a female beta or an omega of any gender. Hope that makes sense. 😊