Chapter 36

Taehyung anxiously waits for Namjoon's arrival.

He spent the rest of the weekend at Seokjin's and Hoseok's after all his friends went home. The omega pleaded to the older couple not to tell Namjoon about the party. To his relief, Seokjin told him that he will not intervene and will let the omega handle it on his own. He trusts the younger to make the right choice and willingly confess to Namjoon. Taehyung promised that he will come clean to his boyfriend, saying he will accept the consequences of his actions, whatever it may be.

That was yesterday.

Today, Taehyung is debating if he should even say anything if Namjoon has no clue about the events. When they talked on the phone, it seems that the alpha had no inkling that a lot has happened while he was away. Maybe Taehyung could get away with it?

***

"Welcome back, hyung! I missed you!", Taehyung greeted his boyfriend excitedly.

"I missed you too my Taebear.", Namjoon answered with a huge grin. He opened his arms to the omega and engulfed him in a warm and tight embrace. The two spent a good amount of time hugging and scenting each other in the hallway before Namjoon could even walk inside the apartment. Once they parted, the alpha went to the living room and surveyed the area, looking confused.

"You did some rearranging, babe?", Namjoon asked with arched eyebrow.

"Uhm, yes hyung. It was getting boring so I decided to spice it up. You know, moved the furnitures a bit.", Tae answered, trying his best to not show any signs of nervousness. He actually took a long bath and drenched himself with lavender lotion to enhance his own scent and conceal any hint of distress in his scent.

"That's good, I guess. I hope you didn't hurt your back while moving stuff all by yourself.", the alpha said while walking around the area, familiarizing himself with their living room's new look.

"I didn't, hyung. I'm strong!", the omega made a show of flexing his arms to prove his point, making the older chuckle. Namjoon then began to sniff his surroundings.

"Why does our unit smell so much of detergent? It doesn't smell like us anymore.", the alpha pouted as he went to the kitchen to grab himself water.

"Uhm, I just wanted to make sure that everything is clean before you arrive like I promised. I didn't want you to come home to our apartment super messy and smelling like my friends. I know you wouldn't like that.", Tae bluffed as he followed Namjoon.

The alpha smiled warmly.

"That's so considerate of you. Thanks, babe. By the way, how was your dinner party?"

The dreaded question.

"It was fun, hyung. We ate, drank a little, played games. You know how my friends are and how we get when we're together.", Taehyung gave a vague answer with a shrug, doing his best to act nonchalant.

The alpha just hummed in response but then frowned as he looked inside their ref. "Hmmmm, I thought we just did our groceries? Why aren't there any food left?"

"Uhm, hyung? My friends didn't really bring any food for our potluck dinner so we cooked whatever we had in the kitchen. You know how big their appetites are, especially Jungkook. I'm sorry. I'll do our groceries tomorrow.", the omega tried to explain. Namjoon looked at him and smiled.

"That's okay, Taebear. I was just confused for a moment. Let's just order food delivery for dinner then. Just get whatever you want. You can do it while I take a shower.", the lawyer assured his boyfriend. He then went to their shared room with his luggage with Taehyung still trailing behind. He stopped momentarily to observe the room once he stepped in.

"New sheets? We just changed them before I left. Why? What did you do while I was away, hm? Is there something you want to tell me, Taehyung?", the alpha asked. Taehyung visibly paled at the question, his distressed scent slowly permeating in the air.

"Look, hyung, I can explain...", the omega started but was interrupted by Namjoon's mischievous laugh.

"Did my omega miss me too much? You know you're not allowed to touch yourself without my permission, you naughty boy.", the alpha teased as he pulled Taehyung by the waist and nipped his scent gland on his neck.

"It's okay, babe. I did too. So I'll let this slide just this one time. But next time you wanted to touch yourself while I'm away, call me. I want to hear your moans and watch you play with yourself until you come. Understood?", Namjoon whispered seductively in Taehyung's ear, turning the omega on. The omega quickly nodded his head and apologized for "breaking" that rule. Before the younger could react further, Namjoon released him and went inside their en suite bathroom, leaving the omega high and dry. Taehyung was disappointed but decided he has more important things to think about aside from his dick. He waited if Namjoom will notice anything out of the ordinary or make a comment about the smell of their bathroom, but there were none. When he heard the shower being turned on, the omega breathed a sigh of relief and went out to order their food.

He just dodged a bullet right there. He couldn't believe he has gotten away with it!

***

While waiting for the food to arrive, Taehyung stayed in the living room and watched a random drama on TV, not really paying attention to it. The omega is in deep thought as he surveyed their apartment. He couldn't believe he easily fooled his genius boyfriend. He should be happy that there's no more need to worry. But for some reason he feels unsettled, like something is majorly wrong in the situation. It was too easy.

And then it sinked in...

"Oh no... Namjoon already knows!"