Chapter 23

Taehyung skipped happily as he walked out of their apartment. Finally, he was free! His suspension has ended and thus, he's also no longer grounded. The night before, Namjoon sat him down and reminded him of his rules. The omega dutifully listened and promised his boyfriend that he would behave from now on. The alpha told him that he was proud of him and rewarded him with a passionate kiss and well... so much more that involves getting naked and getting complaints from their elderly neighbor.

The omega grinned upon walking into his favorite cafe, inhaling deeply the sweet scent of pastries and coffee. He doesn't drink coffee but loves the smell. It reminds him of home and Namjoon, since his parents and his boyfriend are addicted to the substance. He quickly went to the cashier to order his usual.

"One blueberry muffin and hot choco, please!", Taehyung politely placed his order. The cashier, a beta named Mingyun, smiled at him and rang him up quickly.

"For here or to-go?"

"For here, Mingyun. I have time to kill before my first class.", the student informed Mingyun.

"Okay, Tae. Go ahead and find a seat. The waitress will bring your order in awhile."

The omega looked around and scanned the cafe. It isn't that crowded but he doesn't like sitting beside a rowdy group of students. Luckily, his gaze landed on a  booth were a certain brown haired omega is enjoying his pancakes.

"Minnie!", Taehyung squealed and ran towards his best friend who gasped upon seeing him.

"TaeTae!", Jimin quickly stood up and opened his arms for a hug. After some light scenting, the duo sat down for a much needed catch up.

"What are you doing here? You don't usually eat breakfast outside.", Taehyung asked the other omega.

"Yoongi hyung is really busy nowadays. He didn't have time to cook for me this morning because he needed to be at his office early.", Jimin explained as he resumed eating. Jimin doesn't know how to cook so it's the alpha who's in charge of their kitchen. So that means if Yoongi is busy, then he doesn't get fed and has to rely on food delivery. Good thing the cafe near their university opens really early. And it doesn't hurt that he gets to cheat and order extra syrup and whipped cream without his boyfriend's knowledge. Yoongi does not control what he eats but would usually scold him gently if he eats food with too much sugar.

"Awww... at least we get to have breakfast together today. I miss you, Minnie. And I am sorry again for causing you trouble at school.", Tae apologized softly. The two already spoke on the phone so the younger knows he's forgiven already but he still can't help but feel guilty for the things that he caused last week.

Jimin smiled kindly at him.

"I miss you too, TaeTae. And stop apologizing already. I told you, we're good now."

"But still... Let me make it up to you."

"No buts, dear. If you really want to make it up to me, just a cup of coffee is enough.", Jimin is easy to appease and does not hold a grudge. He used to be annoyed at Taehyung because the younger omega would usually insist on doing something to make up for his shortcomings whenever they fought, even though he told him that it was unnecessary. Eventually they found a common ground and agreed on food as an acceptable peace offering.

"Okay, Minnie! Let's have coffee at Paul's later this week.", Taehyung grinned, mentioning a high end coffee shop at the mall they frequent. "Don't worry, I'll be the one to ask for permission from Yoongi hyung. I'm his favorite dongsaeng now."

Jimin giggled and agreed with Taehyung's plan. The younger omega wasn't wrong. After a couple of years together, Jimin is glad that his boyfriend is finally warming up to his best friend.

***

Namjoon pouted after saying goodbye to his parents on the phone. He's twenty-six already and a lawyer at that but still he gets scolded by them and his older brother like a naughty child. The perks of being the youngest in the family.

And speaking of older brother, the alpha sighed after seeing who's calling him next.

"Jin hyung..."

"Yah! Kim Namjoon! Why weren't you answering my calls?", the alpha growled at the other end of the line. Seokjin is two years older and is a pretty strict hyung. He's a successful pastry chef, operating a huge cafe in their hometown in Ilsan.

"I'm sorry, hyung. I've been busy.", Namjoon weakly defended himself. He wasn't lying but also it's mostly because he's just not in the mood for a nagging.

"Too busy for your family? Tsk tsk. We raised you better than this. Anyway, did you talk to eomma and appa about your apartment?", came the stern reply.

"Yes... but hyung. Tae and I are comfortable living there. We don't need a bigger one. And I don't have enough money for a downpayment.", the lawyer argued.

"Who said anything about paying? Eomma got a nice offer for that apartment considering how old it is. It would be a shame to turn it down. Eomma's going to give you a portion of the sales that you can use for a downpayment for a nicer apartment. Stop being stubborn and let that apartment go. It isn't yours in the first place.", the older scolded his brother. Namjoon can be such a pain in the ass sometimes in Jin's opinion.

Namjoon groaned, he knows he lost already.

"Fine... I'll talk to eomma again. But where would we move in such a short notice?"

"Call Hoseok and ask him to help you. There's an available unit in our building. From what I heard, it's a two bedroom unit.". Hoseok is his hyung's omega husband and is a famous choreographer. While Hoseok stays full time in Seoul, Seokjin shuttles back and forth from Ilsan. Ilsan is just approximately 2 hours away by car but it is still more convenient for the chef to stay close to his cafe since he can get busy with managing his business and it is too tiresome to commute everyday. He can also keep an eye on their ageing parents this way.

"Hyung...", Namjoon whined. "The rates in your building are so expensive. Even if eomma gives me money for the downpayment, I wouldn't be able to afford the monthly rent."

"Seriously, Namjoon? Remind me to smack you in the head next time we see each other. You accidentally spilled how much your salary is the last time we got drunk. I know you can afford to pay a large rent.", Seokjin replied, frustrated.

"But I wouldn't have to if Eomma just let me stay in my apartment...", Namjoon grumbled making his hyung bark at him.

"Stop it. No more arguments. If you don't move out within the next month, I will personally drag you out of that apartment by the ear. Got it?", the older alpha answered, patience thin already.

"Okay. I'll inform Tae.", the alpha conceded. At least his omega will finally get his wish of a larger home. At least one of them will be happy with the news.

"Good. Call eomma and Hoseok. I'll be in Seoul next week."

Namjoon and Seokjin ended the call. The lawyer sighed. He may be the alpha dom in his own household but in their family, he will always be their baby.