Chapter 16

Taehyung is really grumpy today.

The omega woke up with a headache and got to class late because he forgot he still needed to go back to their own apartment to shower and change. Then when he stepped out of his first class, an eager Baekhyun was there with a coffee (he hates coffee) and refused to leave him alone. And to top it all off, Jungkook still doesn't want to talk to him. It looks like Yugyeom is treating him well, though. He saw them together and Jungkook was smiling so at least the younger one isn't having a horrible day, unlike him. He's hoping that the beta will forgive him easily because of that.

"Baekhyun, you don't have to accompany me wherever I go. Give me back my bag, I can carry it, it's not that heavy. Don't you have classes to attend to?", Taehyung whined while struggling to get his bag back from the alpha who just grinned and easily overpowered the omega, slinging the backpack to his shoulders triumphantly.

"I don't have classes today. It's my rest day.", Baekhyun happily informed Taehyung, much to the omega's dismay. "So, what do you want me to do for you, Master? Your wish is my command."

"You know you don't have to call me Master. Plus you keep saying that my wish is your command but you're not listening to me. I told you I don't want anything from you. Just leave me alone.", the omega stomped his feet as he walked towards their usual seat in the cafeteria. Jimin is already there but Jungkook is nowhere to be seen. 

"Hi, Tae and Baekhyun. How's your day so far?", Jimin softly asked the two, stifling a yawn. The omega is quite tired after hosting the event and after Taehyung kept him up late despite Yoongi's warnings. He struggled to get up early but thankfully made it to his class on time so he doesn't have to worry about getting punished. However, he's sleepy and is barely able to focus on his classes. Good thing he finishes early that day so he can take a nap before Yoongi gets home. 

"Good. But Taehyungie here isn't getting his money's worth. I'm at his beck and call but he's being stubborn about it. I'm just doing what I was tasked to do.", the alpha pretended to complain. In truth, he's just happy and content to be able to spend time with his crush. He's well aware that Taehyung already has an alpha and he does not have any plans to interfere with their relationship. The omega doesn't know that though because he won't communicate with the alpha properly.

Jimin sighed. He understands that his best friend isn't happy about his current situation but in his opinion, Tae should quit being a brat about it and just suck it. It's only for eight hours anyway. At least some of the pairings are faring well. Jungkook even confessed to him that Yugyeom is really cool and they are planning to attend a basketball game this coming weekend. He made Jimin swear not to tell Tae that, though. The beta still wants their friend to suffer for the slip up. 

"Baek, why don't you get Tae his lunch for him today? He usually gets the soup, salad and sandwich combo with strawberry smoothie.", Jimin requested the alpha before Taehyung could retort a not so nice response.

"Right away, prez!", the alpha grinned at Jimin and eagerly went to the lunch line. 

"Thanks, Minnie. He's being too clingy and won't leave me alone. It's annoying.", Taehyung said in a huff.

"Just hang in there, Tae.", Jimin said and rubbed his friend's hand in comfort. Soon, Baekhyun arrived with his and Tae's food, refusing the money Tae tried to give him. 

It was a rather peaceful lunch with Jimin acting as a buffer for the two. Unfortunately, he cannot keep them company for the rest of the day.

"I have to get to my next class. Play nice you two.", Jimin looked pointedly at his best friend before leaving. Baekhyun looked at Taehyung in anticipation but got disappointed when the omega was already on his phone, completely ignoring him. 

"Tae, please pay attention to me. There must be something I can do for you? I know we're not close and you're already in a relationship so I'm not expecting anything. But at least give me something to do or let me hang with you today. Please?", Baekhyun pleaded with wide hopeful eyes that Taehyung almost felt guilty and caved in. However, when the omega saw Jungkook pass by their table without sparing him a glance and when he heard Wooshik's boisterous laughter somewhere in the background, he got annoyed all over again. 

"Baekhyun, let's get something straight. I did not bid for you. I was supposed to bid for Jungkook, not you. This is all Wooshik's doing. So really, we don't have to honor the contract. You don't have to do anything for me. You can go home if you want. Or trip the fire alarm or whatever. Do what you want. I don't care. Just go and leave me alone.", Taehyung snapped. The alpha fell silent. Before the omega can take everything back and apologize for being rude, Baekhyun stood up and smiled at Taehyung.

"Okay, master. Your wish is my command.", he said and made a show of bowing deeply.

With that, the alpha left, much to Taehyung's relief. He stood up and went to find Jungkook to try and apologize again. However, before he can approach the beta, a distinct sound of ringing was heard throughout the campus. 

***

"You got suspended?!"