Chapter 40

Taehyung sighed as he closed his textbook. He was finally done reading a chapter and has now earned his break. The omega stood up from his study desk, stretched and cracked some joints before going out of their home office to get a soda. He frowned upon remembering that his boyfriend is currently working out in the building's gym while he's stuck at home alone, still grounded.

"Stupid party.", Tae grumbled as he made his way to the kitchen. He couldn't help but feel bitter about his situation at the moment but he knows he shouldn't complain since it's his own fault.

After getting his drink from the refrigerator, the omega sat down on their couch and mused. In reality, it wasn't really bad except for the punishments he received from Namjoon. He and his friends had fun (up until those stupid frat boys showed up) plus it was the talk of the campus the following days, which was Taehyung's goal in the first place (mission accomplished!). The friends also now have a new private joke amongst them (remember when we threw a party that got out of hand and then Seokjin-ssi had to threaten us with castration if we don't help with the clean up after? Yeah... good times...).

And if he's being honest, being grounded gave him the much needed opportunity to focus on his school work especially now that hell week has started. Since he's just at home after classes and has nothing else to do, he has more time to study for his finals and work on his thesis defense. He can actually imagine all the A's that will be decorating his exam papers once he gets them back. Namjoon would be so proud of him!

So yeah, some good things came out of the experience even though he and Jimin did have a fight after he found out that the other knew about Namjoon's knowledge of the situation but didn't tell him.

Taehyung scoffed at the recollection. Jin, Hobi, Yoongi and Jimin were all aware of that fact but they all conspired to keep the truth hidden from him per Namjoon's instructions. He felt like a complete fool and totally betrayed, especially by his soulmate.

Jimin informed him that Yoongi threatened him with a spanking if he disobeyed and knew that those weren't empty threats so he kept his mouth shut. The omega just got away with deceiving his alpha about the party and wasn't going to risk it. (Oh, yes. Jimin knew exactly what he was doing when he made Yoongi to believe that he was just an innocent guest during the party. 😈)

Once Tae calmed down after the fight, he admitted that he totally understood where his bestfriend was coming from. He'd probably act the same if the roles were reversed, to be honest. Because, really, who wants to get spanked? So he immediately forgave Jimin after a promise of free lunch for the rest of the week, of course.

But now that everything has settled, he's bored out of his mind and cursing his boyfriend for grounding him for a whole month. It's not fair that the alpha is able to go about his days as usual while he gets treated like a prisoner just for throwing a party he was told not to have. Right?

Of course, deep down he knows he's in the wrong. But it doesn't help that he's feeling antsy for some reason right now so he's restless and having these conflicting thoughts while waiting for his boyfriend to come back. And speaking of his boyfriend, when is Namjoon coming home? How buff does he want to be? What is he still making an effort to look good for when he already has an omega at home drooling at the sight of his arms? Seriously!

The omega grunted and threw his can carelessly, feeling irritated as he stood up to pee. This day is turning out to be bad and he doesn't even know why. He was rummaging through their medicine cabinet in the bathroom in search of his lipbalm when he saw his stock of tampons.

Oh.

Taehyung quickly went to their room to check his phone calendar and suddenly his current mood swings made sense. His quarterly period is due in two weeks.