Chapter 38

Eighteen hits.

Taehyung received a total of eighteen hits with Namjoon's thick leather belt on his poor bottom and thighs.

Namjoon was actually going for twenty, twenty-five even. He was proud that the omega willingly took his punishment with no complaints. Taehyung tried to brave through it but beyond the tenth mark when the alpha began to hit his sit spots and thighs, he began to wail earnestly and tried to dodge with fail Namjoon's assaults on his bottom. Each time Tae would slip, the alpha patiently waited until the younger is calm enough and is again in proper position before continuing the punishment. However, when the omega began to show genuine signs of distress, the alpha deemed it enough and ended it at eighteen before he reaches his breaking point.

The alpha then helped the younger put his clothes back on and they cuddled on the bed as Taehyung continued to sob, latching on to Namjoon like a barnacle. Several times the lawyer tried to get up to get water for the crying omega because he's scared he will get dehydrated but Taehyung refused to let go. Namjoon had no choice but to carry him to their kitchen.

After several glasses of water, Taehyung finally calmed down but still refused to leave Namjoon's arms, straddling him and scenting him vigorously. The alpha just let the omega be while rubbing his back and whispering words of praise and comfort.

"Hu-hurts so so much, hyung!", Taehyung continued to stutter out whenever Namjoon asked him if he's okay now and ready to eat. The lawyer understood that his boyfriend isn't used to being disciplined so he's not really rushing him.

Eventually, the omega's cries quieted down.

"I'm sorry, hyung. I really am. Please don't be mad at me anymore.", Taehyung whispered, nose still buried in Namjoon's scent gland in his neck.

"I know you are, baby. I told you you're forgiven already.", the alpha replied softly, trying his best to release calming pheromones to keep his boyfriend relaxed. The room is filled with his scent, the unit smelling like a library filled with antique books. It smells heavenly to the omega, considering he's not fond of reading. There's just something about Namjoon's scent that calms him down. It smells warm and secure and feels like home.

"Promise?", Tae asked in a small voice.

"Yes, baby. Now why don't we eat so we can relax for the rest of the night, hm?", Namjoon said as he helped the omega to sit up straight and wiped away his remaining tears.

"Okay, hyung. But... but... what about the complaints from the building? Are we going to get evicted? Are they going to terminate our contract?", the younger asked worriedly, now seemingly realizing the gravity of the situation. Just because it's quiet now does not mean there's no more trouble brewing. He's scared that in the days to come more complaints will be filed against them, enough for the homeowner's association to try and get them evicted. But Namjoon just shook his head.

"Don't worry about it. I already took care of it."

He did actually.

While he did let Taehyung handle things on his own whatever trouble he encountered during the party, Namjoon had actually immediately contacted his brother after the first call and told him what was happening. He asked Seokjin to deal with the building administrator and help calm the neighbors down to keep them from contacting the police. It's just Taehyung's luck that Seokjin and Hoseok are well loved and has the trust and respect of their neighbors that they were easily pacified.

And when Namjoon got back from out of town, he went first to the admin office to personally answer all the complaints and settle all the fines his boyfriend incurred before he went up to their unit. Let's just say there will be no fancy dates in the next few weeks and they could no longer afford to  have another incident like this. One more complaint from a neighbor and they'll definitely find themselves homeless.

"Thank you, hyung. I'm so lucky that you're a lawyer.", Taehyung replied while still sniffing upon hearing Namjoon's explanation.

The alpha chuckled.

"That's right. Be grateful, you brat. Good thing the neighbors were easily pacified by hyung with promises of delicious pastries. Jin hyung would be baking for the rest of the month just to compensate everyone who called the admin. I don't think that would have worked for the police though.", Namjoon joked. Taehyung cringed at the thought.

"Jin hyung didn't tell me. How can I repay him?", the omega asked sincerely.

"No need, babe. That's between me and hyung already. I'm the one who asked him to get involved. Just promise to behave, okay?", Namjoon assured his boyfriend as he stroked his hair gently. The omega nodded and leaned again on the alpha's shoulder.

"I will, hyung. I promise. I really do."

The two stayed like that for a while, enjoying each other's scent and warm embrace.

"Uh... Taebear? Hyung's hungry now. Can we eat already?", Namjoon broke the silence.

"Yes, hyung. Can I stay seated on your lap?"

"Of course! Still hurts?"

Despite just getting scolded and punished, Taehyung had the audacity to scowl at his boyfriend.

"What do you think, hyung? You spanked me so hard. And you gave so many! I thought I was going to die! How can I ever sit properly again?"

Namjoon laughed out loud at that, rolling his eyes at the omega before smiling at him fondly.

"And whose fault was that?"

Taehyung just pouted and turned away from the older.

"Awwww. Don't sulk, baby. Don't worry, I'll put some soothing gel on you after we eat. Then later we can have some popsicles...

"Wait. Why do we have so much popsicles in our fridge?!"

The omega giggled.

"One word, hyung. Jimin."

The alpha looked confused but just accepted the answer. It doesn't matter for now. Later they can talk about in detail what happened during the party and the story behind Jimin's popsicles. For now, they can just spend the night together and enjoy each other's presence. He really did miss his Taebear.

His naughty and mischievous Taebear.