Chapter 14

"Oh, my gosh! That's me! I won! I won!", Taehyung happily celebrated upon hearing Jimin announce his name, not noticing the shocked expression on his best friend's face. He was enjoying the attention of the people congratulating him when he felt a gentle tug on his elbow. He quickly turned around and came face to face with a confused Yoongi.

"Hyung! You’re here! Did you hear? I won!", the omega exclaimed, clapping and bouncing in place.

"Yes, Taehyung, I heard. Congratulations. But I thought the money you and Jimin collected was for Jungkook? What happened? Who's Baekhyun and why did you bid for him?", the alpha asked patiently. 

Upon hearing what the alpha had to say, only then did Taehyung focused and observed his surroundings. He glanced at the stage and saw a surprised Jimin, a beaming Baekhyun, and a scowling Jungkook. Beside him he can hear a cackling Wooshik. His heart dropped when he realized what just happened. 

"Oh no, no, no! Wooshik! Did you bid for Baekhyun instead of Jungkook? Why did you do that?", the omega angrily turned to his friend. Wooshik continued to howl in laughter. 

"Oh my God! That went better than I expected. Look at your faces! I should have filmed it on my phone."

"Wooshik!", Taehyung shrieked. "That money was for Jungkook! Why the hell would you bid on someone else?"

"Relax! It was just a prank! It's not as if it's a life or death situation. Jungkook will be fine.", the beta answered nonchalantly, dismissing Taehyung's concerns with a wave of his hand. 

"But…", Tae started to protest.

Just then, Jihyo announced Jungkook's winning bidder.

"And the lucky one who will get to spend the day with our Jungkookie is Kim Yugyeom!"

Taehyung paled when he heard the announcement. It was exactly what they were trying to prevent from happening. Before he can react further, he felt the telltale sign of reflux on his throat and ran to the nearest restroom.

***

"Taehyung are you okay?", Yoongi asked while knocking on the cubicle Taehyung locked himself in. 

"Hyung… I can't go out there. Jungkook will kill me.", the omega answered crying. 

"Can you at least open the door? I just want to make sure you're fine."

The alpha patiently waited as the younger shuffled to unlock the door. Once it opened, Yoongi went in and crouched beside the omega who resumed vomiting.

"Geez, Tae. How much did you drink?", Yoongi asked while rubbing the omega's back. 

"A couple of beers and several shots of Tequila? I don't know. I lost count after the third.", Tae admitted. Yoongi sighed and waited for the younger to finish and flushed the toilet for him. He helped the omega stand up and guided him to the sink and told him to rinse his mouth then splash his face with water. Taehyung obediently did everything he was told. 

"So, what happened out there?", Yoongi asked once Taehyung has calmed down. 

"I don't know, hyung. I wrote my name and the amount of bid on the provided form but I stupidly asked Wooshik to drop it in Jungkook's box instead of doing it myself. He must have dropped it in Baekhyun's instead because, like you heard, he wanted to prank us.", Taehyung explained. He wanted to kick himself for asking Wooshik to perform a simple task that he should have done himself. He was distracted by Namjoon's call, that’s why. He was already tipsy when he got the call and panicked. So he gave the sealed envelope to Wooshik and then ran outside the venue to talk to his boyfriend. He just wanted to talk to the alpha in private because knowing his friends, they'd probably shout and reveal how much he'd been drinking to Namjoon just for fun and get him in trouble. But now he's in deeper shit. Thanks to Wooshik. 

"Hmmmm… what do you plan to do now?", the alpha asked. He made a mental note to tell Jimin to stop hanging out with Wooshik after tonight. For some reason he can't explain before, he really doesn't like the beta and now he feels it's justified to forbid Jimin from being friends with him.

"I don't know, hyung. I don't think JK will forgive me after what happened. Can you be my bodyguard for the rest of the night, hyung? I'm scared he'd jump me and beat me up.", Tae worriedly asked the alpha who chuckled at his request. 

"I don't think Jungkook has the capacity to hurt you, Tae. He doesn't strike me as the violent type. Besides I'm sure he'll forgive you once you explain to him what happened.", Yoongi answered. He quickly added upon seeing the omega's dejected expression, "But yeah, don't worry. I won't let him or anyone for that matter hurt you, okay?"

"Thanks, hyung. I'm glad you showed up.", the omega said gratefully as the two of them left the restroom. But after a few steps, Taehyung stopped Yoongi from going further when he realized something.

"Hyung! Please don't tell Namjoon hyung that I've been drinking. He's going to get mad at me if he finds out!", the younger pleaded with wide eyes. Yoongi was surprised at the sudden confession.

"What are you saying, Taehyung? You mean you don't have permission from Namjoon to drink tonight?", Yoongi groaned upon seeing the omega shook his head. 

"No, hyung. He told me not to because he won't be here to assist and take care of me just in case I got drunk. But I couldn't resist when we arrived and saw the open bar. I told myself I'll just have a bottle of beer but then Wooshik and Bogum egged me to drink more promising they'll take care of me and well… you know the rest…", Tae shyly admitted to the alpha. He and Yoongi aren't particularly close but he trusts him enough to confide in him. 

"Oh, Taehyung… Namjoon asked me to watch out for you tonight and make sure you're safe since he won't be here. What will I say when we speak with each other? Do you want me to lie?"

"Please, hyung? I don't want to get spanked when he gets back.", Taehyung whispered while holding Yoongi's hands, his distressed lavender scent permeating above the rest of the combined scents in the venue.

Yoongi clicked his tongue and considered what the younger told him before replying with a sigh. 

"Fine. I'm not going to tattle on you and volunteer the information. But if he specifically ask me if you drank tonight I'm not going to lie for you.", the alpha warned. He hates lying and does not tolerate it from anyone. He doesn't like that Taehyung placed him in a tricky situation. But in the end he figured that this is between the couple and that he doesn't have to be involved too much. Besides, Namjoon is a lawyer. Isn't it his job to determine if someone is lying to his face? 

"Oh, thank you, hyung! Thank you! I owe you one!", Taehyung gratefully said, his scent slowly returning to its natural sweetness. 

The alpha just shook his head and led the omega back to the ballroom, bracing himself for more drama.