Chapter 52

Namjoon was relaxing at home, reading a book and sipping his favorite tea in their living room when Taehyung arrived.

The alpha watched his boyfriend fondly as the omega took his coat and shoes off.

"Hi, Taebear. How was your trip with Jimin?", Namjoon asked as soon as Taehyung padded towards him and gave him a nice kiss.

"It was fun, hyung. Minnie and I screamed so much, our throats hurt.", the younger answered with a smile.

"That's nice... are you okay?", the lawyer inquired, noting that something was off with his boyfriend's scent. Taehyung smells lovely as always but underneath is a subtle scent of distress. For some reason, the omega seems anxious.

"Yes, hyung. Can I shower first before I tell you about my day? I feel icky."

"Yeah, go ahead. I'll be here. You want some tea?"

"Sure, hyung. Thank you, alpha."

Namjoon frowned as soon as his boyfriend turned to the direction of their room. Taehyung usually is a chatterbox after a trip with Jimin, excited to tell him the details even the mundane ones. So this is out of character for the omega. The alpha's first instinct is to call Yoongi and find out if Jimin mentioned anything that happened out of the ordinary that would cause his boyfriend's weird behavior but decided against it. Taehyung will tell him when he's ready. He hopes!

***

"Mmmm... tea's nice. Thank you, hyung!", Taehyung beamed at his boyfriend once he finished his cup of tea. The couple stayed in the living room, cuddling on the couch, as Namjoon recounted his boring day while sipping their teas.

"You're welcome, baby. Now your turn. Tell me about your day. What did you and Jimin do at Lotte World?", the alpha asked expectantly, stroking Taehyung's hair gently. This is usually the couple's nightly routine, cuddling and relaxing while telling the other about their day.

Taehyung sat up, put his cup down on the center table and looked at his boyfriend seriously.

"It was fun but I'm going to tell you something that would definitely make you mad. So before I continue, I want you to promise me first that if ever you decide to spank me, you will not use your belt."

Namjoon looked at Taehyung with furrowed brows.

"What? Did you break one of our rules?  And you know I can't promise you that. We already established that the punishment must fit the crime, always. No exceptions.", the alpha exclaimed.

"But hyung...", the omega whined, pouting. "Christmas and my birthday are in the next couple of weeks. Shouldn't my butt get a free pass?"

Namjoon sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Fine. Just tell me what you did and I promise that if I think that it warrants a spanking, I will not use my belt.", the lawyer swore sincerely.

"Okay...", the omega after being assured of that promise took a long breath. "ItookJimintoEverlandinsteadofLotteWorldwithouthispermissionsohegotmadatmeandwefoughtwhileIwasdrivingsoIgotdistractedandranoverametalscrapandgotaflattirebutJiminwhoissuchabadassomegabythewaychangeditandwegottoEverlandinonepieceandweenjoyedthedaybyridingtherollercoastersandYoongihyungfoundoutbuthegaveJiminpermissiontostayuntilclosingtimeaslongasJimindrivesashomeandItellyouwhatreallyhappenedtoday...

"There! I'm so sorry I disobeyed you! It won't happen again! And you were right! I am a bad driver! You have every reason to be concerned! I'm going to ask my parents extra money so that I can enroll in a refresher course!", the omega concluded, raising his hands in defeat, eyes shut closed, too afraid to look at his definitely angry boyfriend.